Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 05-30-2019, 09:45 AM

Janice - I'm glad to hear your mother is doing much better this morning and hope it is as simple as dehydratation. I'm finding with my folks and in-laws (all in their 80's) that any little thing can look, feel and behave like something much bigger! So glad you took her in to be seen and treated.

Love the Boom quilt progress - my blocks are waiting for me.. I need to make add'l blocks and figure out how I want to put them all together. I'm thinking on-point but am not certain. In the meantime, I'm trying to use up some stash and have been putting together a scrappy double irish chain (on the challenge thread) but it doesn't seem to be making any difference in my stash I'm including some of the leftover fabric from the Boom too!

Save travels SBG - enjoy your grandbabies!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 AM

Janice so glad your Mom is more her old self. Same thing happened several times with my Mom. She believed she was drinking plenty of liquid but other then coffee and a small glass of juice she just forgot to drink her water.

Sewbiz enjoy your grand baby time.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post

PamelaOry, saw someone using your fabric from the last boom in a Passacaglia. I thought, mmmm I recognize those eyes staring back at me!...
wow! I didn’t know what a passacaglia was and had to look it up. Glad I did, it’s a beautiful pattern!
Old 05-30-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
wow! I didn’t know what a passacaglia was and had to look it up. Glad I did, it’s a beautiful pattern!
someday in my future. Part of my bucket list. Two things. A Passacaglia and buying a car from a vending machine.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:30 PM

Everyone is so busy quilting. Ha! I have been in the sunshine and the garden. Beautiful work!

Janice, I am so glad your mom is stabilized and doing well. I hope that she will be able to go home soon.

GramE and Pam, leave it to the Italians to have inspired another beautiful piece of art.

Kass, I am glad your home was spared. Love the design you are working with the Brown blocks from last boom.

Working on a few things and home to get some more pics. Thank you for the comments on the patriotic themed finishes. I am now finishing a quilt for a friends graduation from graduate school.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:49 AM

Janice, glad your mom is on the mend. Sorry to hear she was felling bad.

Kass, your quilt is amazing. I found the hidden star.

Sewbizgirl, enjoy the time with the grandkids. I love spending time with my nieces and nephew. I get to spend a week with them in July.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:06 AM

Third day, same hospital chair. Mom is improved enough to be royally annoyed at being in the hospital. She’s making some progress but the problems are many. Fix one, another flairs up. White count drops yesterday but jumps several points overnight so it appears the unknown infection isn’t quitting yet. You all know how this works. And at 89, anything can happen so one day’s improvement doesn’t mean much. She’s frustrated and I cannot say I’m much better. Anyway, we’ll just keep going as it will take more time.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:55 PM

So sorry Janice. Sending your mom healing thoughts.

I feel so lucky, my mom turned 97. She walks every day, pays her bills online and uses her iPad. She’s in the independent living section of the old folks home. She really enjoys the blue and white quilt we made for her
Old 05-31-2019, 06:49 PM

Janice sorry on your Mom having the ups and downs. One of the first times Mom was hospitalized I anxiously drove the 4 hours to see her. Was a bit miffed when I arrived and she seemed just fine. Spent the night and stopped back in to say good bye and she was totally out of it. Shocked me to see such a drastic change but quickly learned that wasn’t unusual for folks in their 80’s suffering from dehydration and a UTI

The ups and downs do a real number on the loved ones. Sending you a big hug
Old 06-01-2019, 05:18 AM

Mjp, I’m happy your mother is happy with her quilt. Makes me smile ear to ear.

Day 4, two hours in, same chair! Lol