Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 05-27-2019, 04:05 PM

And chilly and rainy here. Morning temps have been in the low 40’s. Yesterday was glorious but our only nice day in last 2 weeks. Forecast for this week is rain everyday. Think I would rather have the rain then the nasty high humidity
Old 05-27-2019, 04:20 PM

Janice thinking of you and mom.

Terriamn I miss lilacs. We had them in our yard in NY where I grew up. They don't grow here in Southern California.

We had a bit of rain this weekend. Very, very unusual for San Diego and its now a sunny 65 (cold for us) beautiful day. We are hosting friends this weekend. Good thing they are from Alaska. They think its glorious!
Old 05-28-2019, 07:35 AM

Hope everyone had a pleasant Memorial Day. The weather is plenty hot so we spent most of it inside. Thank goodness for a/c. Mom has a doc appt tomorrow morning, first thing. DH and I think the sudden problems are side effects due to a new med she's on. Should have a better idea tomorrow. Thanks for your good wishes for her. DS, somehow I skipped over your star finishes. Wonderful! Terriamn, those lilacs are beautiful. My earliest memories are of aromas, and most specifically honeysuckle and lilacs in my grandmother's yard.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:02 PM

Hope everybody had a wonderful Memorial Day. We made no plans, It was nice to just sit and do nothing. Back at work today.

Janice, sending prayers to your mother for a speedy recovery.

Jaba, I love your blocks all together, I see mine.

The lilacs are beautiful, I bet they smell even better.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what my next project will be. Trying to gather ideas for Christmas presents. I think I want to make memory bears for my nieces and nephew out of my father's flannel shirts. I need to find a good pattern.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:00 AM

So I’m in the ER with mom. Now she’s running a fever and there’s no clear source yet. She’s being admitted shortly. Had to call the EMT’s (yay for them at 4am...) and they felt she needed to be here. So, here we are until further notice....

Hope everyone’s day is going better than mom’s...
Old 05-29-2019, 07:10 AM

Oh no so sorry to hear this, hope they find the source and the right antibiotic soon.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
So I’m in the ER with mom. Now she’s running a fever and there’s no clear source yet. She’s being admitted shortly. Had to call the EMT’s (yay for them at 4am...) and they felt she needed to be here. So, here we are until further notice....

Old 05-29-2019, 07:14 AM

Pictures of a quilt I just finished for a great nephew. This was made w/ 3 color ways of the same print so all the hexies are cubes. The trim on the borders is 1 3/4 inch ric rac. It is fleeced backed, qayg quilted, fringed edges on top and bottom. I have done stacked or fussy cutting on from 3 to 24 layers, on all kinds of fabric cheap cotton, expensive, upholstery weight, silky, old clothes and probably some I am forgetting, but this was the most obnoxious to line the print on. I am glad it is a child's quilt since my pattern lining was so poor. I do love the effect of the "hidden star" and will keep this in mind for the right fabric in the future

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613376[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0203-2-.jpg   dsc_0205-2-.jpg   dsc_0206-2-.jpg  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:34 AM

Oh no! Sending healing thoughts and prayers for your mom Janice. I hope she starts to feel better quickly now that they’ve admitted her.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post

great quilt Kass. I had fun searching for those hidden stars.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:14 AM

I'm just seeing this at 3 pm, so I'm sure hoping that they've figured something out and that she's getting some relief by now. Hospital sitting is so very tiring. Janice, I know you're worn completely out. Try to get some rest as you can. Praying for your Mom.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone. Mom is finally settled in her room and sleeping. 10 hrs in ER. No answers yet but she’s fairly comfortable and much better than at 4am. She’ll need to be here at least a couple of days most likely.

Kasssundra, amazing quilt! You must have incredible patience.