Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

Blog Entries
    I welcome the limited 2nd fabric. Personally, I found it difficult to find blocks that used the amount that we were sent. Much prefer the paint chip method of showing desired colors.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Update

Weíve had two more people join the 2 month group, Darcyshannon and Macybaby. Woo hoo!

2 month group: 10 confirmed

Cheesehead
    Darcyshannon
    Jaba
    Joanelizbay
    Libster
    Macybaby
    Mona G
    NanaKathy55
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn

3 month group: 20 confirmed
    AnnieQuilts
    Bibliostone
    Cheesehead
    Hav4boys
    Jaba
    Janice McC
    JayneW
    Kassaundra
    Klaws
    Libster
    Lstew2212
    Marcialee
    MJPEncinitas
    NanaKathy55
    PamelaOry
    Queenbarbiej
    Terriamn
    TheMerkleFamily
    Travelinggramma
    VikkiM

*Darcyshannon #1 on waitlist

If anyone spots a mistake, please let me know asap. Thanks!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
    Attachment 606600

Janice - an updated pic of my fabrics for the gallery - thanks!
    love this fabric. will make a beautiful quilt
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Ok, I'm getting push back on the smaller second piece of fabric. Some people want to send a second much larger piece than I recommend or possibly a third. This is strictly a shipping/packing issue. I'm sorry if some of you are disappointed but I'm sticking with the small 6.5 x 6.5 inch piece. Remember, it's supposed to be up to the block maker to make what she wants to make with your f8. Many of us have begun strictly directing the finished product with multiple fabrics and that's seriously infringing on my ability to ship easily. The harder it gets, the less I'm inclined to do it. My other option is to tell everyone I'm going to only use boxes to ship at over 14 bucks a pop. That's a lot of extra money. Anyway, until everyone says they're ok with nearly doubling the shipping costs, I'm saying "no" to larger second and third pieces. I hope you all understand. Thanks!
    I don't seem to find an issue with the one f8th piece of fabric when making blocks. I don't send extra and I am doing this so I can create with what I am given. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this and I wouldn't do it if I had to pay extra for shipping extra fabrics.
    Marcialee

Yea! I'm officially signed up! Have to go to an event with DH today so not a lot of time to pick out my fabric. I drag him to several quilt shows a year, so I need to cheerfully go to a few Outdoors shows with him.

He did offer to stop at a quilt shop on the way - it's one I really like but don't get to very often. However I really, really don't need to be buying any more fabric for stash!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

When I was planning on adding an extra piece, I wasn't sure what size to make it. I decided on 7 x 7 and already have it cut and packaged. I hope this isn't a problem. I have it in the gallon sized bag and everything fits perfect. Sorry I jumped the gun.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Klaws, please go with the 7x7 piece since they're cut and packaged. Don't give it another thought. In the future, I'll specify the size up front, that was a goof on my part. No worries! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    When I was planning on adding an extra piece, I wasn't sure what size to make it. I decided on 7 x 7 and already have it cut and packaged. I hope this isn't a problem. I have it in the gallon sized bag and everything fits perfect. Sorry I jumped the gun.
    Maricalee, you aren't the only cost conscious one here, trust me on that.

Macybaby, enjoy the show and the "side trip" if you decide to stop in. Window shopping at an LQS can be frustrating if you succeed and costly if you don't. It'd be a toss up which I'd prefer.

Kassaundra, I never told you how beautiful your brown and white is coming. I love your curved pieces.

Edited to add: I meant to show this to you a couple of weeks ago. This is the glass I blew at my class. (I had a great deal of help from the instructor but I did do the blowing.) Various shades of pink and prettier than it appears here. And heavy!
    Name:  glass.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  94.3 KB
    Last edited by Janice McC; 01-12-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Weíve had two more people join the 2 month group, Darcyshannon and Macybaby. Woo hoo!

This is getting exciting! I'm looking forward to getting started ☺ Thanks for all your work putting it together Janice

2 month group: 10 confirmed

Cheesehead
    Darcyshannon
    Jaba
    Joanelizbay
    Libster
    Macybaby
    Mona G
    NanaKathy55
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn

3 month group: 20 confirmed
    AnnieQuilts
    Bibliostone
    Cheesehead
    Hav4boys
    Jaba
    Janice McC
    JayneW
    Kassaundra
    Klaws
    Libster
    Lstew2212
    Marcialee
    MJPEncinitas
    NanaKathy55
    PamelaOry
    Queenbarbiej
    Terriamn
    TheMerkleFamily
    Travelinggramma
    VikkiM

*Darcyshannon #1 on waitlist

If anyone spots a mistake, please let me know asap. Thanks!

This is getting exciting! I'm looking forward to getting started ☺ Thanks for all your work putting it together Janice
    Vikki

Doing life one block at a time

Janice, that blown glass is gorgeous, especially the swirls around the top! I've watched the process done on the science channel and I am always amazed

Which should I send for the second fabric? The boom fabric is the repeat print. I couldn’t resist this fabric as it spoke to me: what would Kassaundra do with this fabric?

There is is no orange in the boom fabric but it reads as orange.

I dont think Im going to send paint chips, I’ll just have you match or blend with any color in the fabric except white. Name:  93A3E9EC-6DE2-485E-A764-DC4530A5D418.jpeg
Size:  99.4 KB

Janice the blown glass is gorgeous. The fabric restriction works for me. Anything to make This boom manageable For you is absolutely fine!

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    Janice that glass is gorgeous. I hope to do a true glass blowing class this year also.

Janice, your blown glass is beautiful! More and more lovely fabrics

We're awaiting winter storm Gia here in Virginia! Have plenty of food & water and tons of sewing projects to work on! Bring on the snow
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

I had fun playing w/ that fabric in a different color last boom, look at the dunes photo gallery in Pamela's pics. It is a fun print to fussy cut for sure, looking forward to playing w/ it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
    Which should I send for the second fabric? The boom fabric is the repeat print. I couldn’t resist this fabric as it spoke to me: what would Kassaundra do with this fabric?

There is is no orange in the boom fabric but it reads as orange.

I dont think Im going to send paint chips, I’ll just have you match or blend with any color in the fabric except white. Name:  93A3E9EC-6DE2-485E-A764-DC4530A5D418.jpeg
Size:  99.4 KB
    Janice awesome job w/ the glass blowing.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Cathy welcome and you are my neighbor I live in Minnesota

Janice the blown glass is so pretty.

MJP your bright fabric is going to be fun to work with. Can’t tell for sure by your fabric but if that is a bright red orange on the right side of your picture it will go perfectly with my color request for my purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    I had fun playing w/ that fabric in a different color last boom, look at the dunes photo gallery in Pamela's pics. It is a fun print to fussy cut for sure, looking forward to playing w/ it again.

I loved that fabric for fussy cutting! It's sweeet! I did this block with it--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love that fabric, MJP! It will look great with any of the colors you have shown.

Love that block, givio!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    14" of snow so far since yesterday. City hasnt even plowed the streets yet so my car is staying in driveway. Got some sewing done, played with embrodery machine do the same tomorrow. Janice I think I have 20 pieces of my fabric for the 2 month if we need to double up. Will we mail before postage goes up??
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    I love the block you did Givio I did this block tonight and decided I liked the pink fabric. The darkest fabric is actually dark pink. It was my second foray into eight pointed star. I used the Marti Mitchell perfect templates. I felt guilty about buying these and not using them so Iím happy I had an excuse. The block is a from the Tula pink city blocks. I donít piece that often so this was a stretch for me. I usually design my own blocks but it was fun putting these two designers together. And the block got me motivated to quilt again. I think the glass of wine I had before I started helped.

Im looking forward to the boom.
    Name:  D7306C32-CC99-4A38-A78E-B84645E16A40.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  119.2 KB
    Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-12-2019 at 08:59 PM.

MJP, I like your bright block!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Love your block s Givo and MJP

Thank you for the lovely compliments about the glass. I've wanted to learn how to do this for most of my life, not that one class is anywhere near actually learning how but who knows if it will lead to something new. I might try a bowl next!

Love your fussy cut block, Givio.
    MJP, am looking forward to seeing your fabrics. This will be a tough one for me so I'm putting my thinking cap on already. The block you made is beautiful!
    I love the block you did Givio I did this block tonight and decided I liked the pink fabric. The darkest fabric is actually dark pink. It was my second foray into eight pointed star. I used the Marti Mitchell perfect templates. I felt guilty about buying these and not using them so Iím happy I had an excuse. The block is a from the Tula pink city blocks. I donít piece that often so this was a stretch for me. I usually design my own blocks but it was fun putting these two designers together. And the block got me motivated to quilt again. I think the glass of wine I had before I started helped. Im looking forward to the boom.
    Brrrr, Joanelizbay. That's a lot of snow!

Yes, I anticipate you'll be able to mail before the rates jump up on 1/27 to $8 but everyone needs to be sure to mail me the new amount. Please wait for me to close the sign-ups and give you the ok before you ship. It's going to get a bit crazy around here as when your pkgs start coming in, I'm going to have workers in the house for a week. Everyone should definitely make sure they email me with tracking numbers as soon as you get them. Please do not just ship without alerting me! I plan to be standing at the mailbox as each and every one comes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
    14" of snow so far since yesterday. City hasnt even plowed the streets yet so my car is staying in driveway. Got some sewing done, played with embrodery machine do the same tomorrow. Janice I think I have 20 pieces of my fabric for the 2 month if we need to double up. Will we mail before postage goes up??
    Hav4boys as jumped into the 2 month group as well as being in the 3. That makes 11 people. Yay! Is there anyone else in the 3 month who wishes to add the 2 month? Or does anyone want to switch from the 3 to the 2? We've got one person on the waiting list for the 3 and she's already in the 2. Let me know. Changes at this point are perfectly ok. It's not so easy once I shut down the sign-ups.

2 month group: 11 confirmed

Cheesehead
    Darcyshannon
    Hav4boys
    Jaba
    Joanelizbay
    Libster
    Macybaby
    Mona G
    NanaKathy55
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn

Beautiful block I may have to borrow this layout at some point.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Very nicely done.
    I love the block you did Givio I did this block tonight and decided I liked the pink fabric. The darkest fabric is actually dark pink. It was my second foray into eight pointed star. I used the Marti Mitchell perfect templates. I felt guilty about buying these and not using them so I’m happy I had an excuse. The block is a from the Tula pink city blocks. I don’t piece that often so this was a stretch for me. I usually design my own blocks but it was fun putting these two designers together. And the block got me motivated to quilt again. I think the glass of wine I had before I started helped.

Im looking forward to the boom.
    Name:  D7306C32-CC99-4A38-A78E-B84645E16A40.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  119.2 KB

mjp, the star almost seems to be made of a different fabric than the border! The border has a nice continuous red line going in it that looks great, even around the corner. I'll bet it looks better in person. Wonderful work!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast