Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group >

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Old 10-07-2019, 11:27 AM

Hello, EBs. You are truly EBs since all packages are now in and I plan to ship on Wednesday, more than a week before the scheduled shipping date. Woo hoo! (Jaba, will hold yours until we confirm plans later.) Tonight I'm going to do a spot check on blocks and then I'll start packing them tomorrow. That puts me in good shape for Wednesday shipping barring any problems (computer, printer, labels, etc.) Be looking for your tracking numbers Wednesday morning. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-07-2019 at 11:41 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary info
Old 10-08-2019, 03:25 AM

I'll be real happy to have my blocks before we leave for vacation. DH and I plan on being down in GA around the 19/20 and then we'll head south to Tifton (where the nut store is) then if the weather is decent, head to the coast and drive south to near Orlando. I've seen the Atlantic, but don't think I've ever touched the water. Then we'll head west to visit FIL for a few days, and then head back home. We have chicks that should be arriving around the 30th so have to be home by then.

I'm excited about going, but also a bit disappointed that I won't be able to play with my new sewing machine or embroidery software for two weeks.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:37 AM

Remember to please please please put your name on every block package you send me. I’ve got a few dozen with no names visible. This slows me down to a crawl if I should have the slightest problem with the count as I’ve had this morning. I’m dead serious. I must know who made the blocks in my hands without having to stop, open the pkg, look for a name and then and go to the gallery for the answer. I’m likely to push back the shipping to Thursday bc I cannot get this done in my allotted time.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Remember to please please please put your name on every block package you send me. I’ve got a few dozen with no names visible. This slows me down to a crawl if I should have the slightest problem with the count as I’ve had this morning. I’m dead serious. I must know who made the blocks in my hands without having to stop, open the pkg, look for a name and then and go to the gallery for the answer. I’m likely to push back the shipping to Thursday bc I cannot get this done in my allotted time.
Guilty. At least one of those is my fault. I had a bag just disappear. But I tried to write the names on the bags that didn’t have one. So sorry for the hassle. I was worried about my bag because I closed it up without checking it for the 10th time. Once the fabric is out of the bag, it’s difficult to remember which fabric came from which bag when there is no name. Sorry for causing the delay.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:18 AM

What I like to do is when I take a fabric out of the bag, I take the owner's request slip and turn it to the back side and write for:_______ and from:________. It immediately goes back into the bag with a small scrap of the owner's fabric. When I finish the block and put it in the bag, I make sure that the slip of paper is showing clearly so Janice won't have to hunt for it. That's just how I do it. I'm sure lots of others have their own system for keeping things straight for them.
Once in a while I think it would be a good idea to share how we manage things so the newer
Boomers can figure out what works best for them.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:35 AM

Libster, I never think about mixing them up until the deed is done!
Old 10-08-2019, 05:38 AM

I do one bag at a time. I will pull my fabrics to work with the owners fabric, make the block, return to the bag and write my name on the request slip close to the owners name.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Hey there, lady! I wasn't going to out anyone but you did it yourself! LOL. I only found one or two with your name on them but you aren't he only one. Some people turned their writing inside or had a folded piece of paper. Long and skinny slips of paper require folding. Use squares. Also, writing a name on a ziplock is totally ineffective as it rubs off! Some just didn't put their names on at all. If it were me, I'd leave the original note in the package, the one written by the owner, and then add your name in large dark letters to the original note. Make sure it faces outside! I know the fabrics by now so it's more important for me to see the maker's name than the owners but honestly both should be there. If the count is perfect, it's not much needed but today I inadvertently put one of Mona's into Terrriamn's and suddenly Mona's pile of blocks was short. I had to start going through to see who sent what and before I discovered my goof, I discovered missing maker's names. So important! When I've got 200 blocks to check, I'm one grumpy host when I have to dig for info. In the future, names clearly visible and large! Thanks so much!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Guilty. At least one of those is my fault. I had a bag just disappear. But I tried to write the names on the bags that didn’t have one. So sorry for the hassle. I was worried about my bag because I closed it up without checking it for the 10th time. Once the fabric is out of the bag, it’s difficult to remember which fabric came from which bag when there is no name. Sorry for causing the delay.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:21 PM

This works beautifully from my point of view. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
What I like to do is when I take a fabric out of the bag, I take the owner's request slip and turn it to the back side and write for:_______ and from:________. It immediately goes back into the bag with a small scrap of the owner's fabric. When I finish the block and put it in the bag, I make sure that the slip of paper is showing clearly so Janice won't have to hunt for it. That's just how I do it. I'm sure lots of others have their own system for keeping things straight for them.
Once in a while I think it would be a good idea to share how we manage things so the newer
Boomers can figure out what works best for them.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:05 PM

For me I only open 1 bag at a time, make it, put it back in it’s original bag, put my name on it and it’s sealed. Then I put it in a container and it’s done . I go through every package and when they are all done I double check with my list and then seal them in a gallon bag. All of them are done and ready to mail to Janice. This works for me because the fabrics go to the right people, don’t get mixed up and they are done. I have never made more than one without it going back in the owners original bag and my name clearly visible for Janice to see. If I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it yet, I put the owners bag away and make another one. Eventually I’ll get to it and then I’ll have to decide. Hope this makes sense......