Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 09-08-2020, 08:21 AM

I have the groups all bagged, just need to label them and pack for Janice. Will mail in the next day or two. I think I will send the polka dots to this group and hopefully those doing 2 will get different colors to work with.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 AM

Just went to the post office. It was closed for lunch : ( I'll go back this afternoon.

Janice was so right about 2 BOOMs not fitting in one envelope. I tried. I was not successful. Thus 2 packages are headed your way -- one for each BOOM. The 3 month (butterflies) has an envelope with $$$$. Thanks so much for all you do!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:38 AM

My F8s are off to Janice and my tracking number has been sent via email.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:26 PM

Mine are off too. I got them all in one envelope but I only had 30. Not two complete sets. I plan to enter one of the finished quilts into the county fair next year.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:37 AM

Here is my fabric for the Pumpkin group.

I'm sending 10 different coral/pink fabrics so plenty of selection for those getting more than one.

I'll get them ready to mail when I get home from work today and they should be off tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5064.jpg  
Old 09-09-2020, 04:46 AM

We have a clear and cool morning today. Had my first half cup of coffee outside while checking tracking. Thank you for being on top of shipping. There are already 7 packages on the way between both groups. Bugaroo, yours will probably arrive today. Woo hoo!

What pretty pinks, Macybaby.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:09 AM

So pretty Macybaby. What colors are you requesting be used with them? White?

Definitely getting excited about playing with everyone's fabrics!
Old 09-09-2020, 08:46 AM

Default My BOOM 25 (Pumpkins) Fabrics

Hi all. Hopefully, my thumbnail will show up on this message. I have five different fabrics riding on my boomerang. Whatever you do with those focus fabrics is great with me. You can use as little or as much of the fabric being sent. Essentially, you can use any tone of the colors in the focus fabric but don't go darker (unless you use black. You can use black if you want to). Thank you all! Here is the note coming with every packet:

Hi Boomers!
The quilt block you craft for me is destined to be part of a kid’s Christmas Quilt. Use any colors you like but nothing darker than the colors in the focus fabric you have from me (exception – you can use black). If you use white, make it a true white (no cream or off white). True black will also play well with all my fabric choices but no grays or light blacks, please. A tree panel is likely to be a centering point on this quilt. As a result, I suspect some of the blocks will be set on point. Thank you for making my dream a reality! Have fun! Whatever you decide to do will be wonderful. Cheers! Juana (ibex94), Sept 2020, BOOM 25
Attached Thumbnails boom-25-fabrics.jpg  
Old 09-09-2020, 08:50 AM

Bugaroo - I'm thinking neutrals (white, beige, black, grey) along with reds and pinks - prints with a small amount of other colors will be fine as long as it "reads" one of those. Think Valentine. I had made a pink/red/white scrappy quilt that I really liked, but I gave it away and I've always wanted another. I will include the request with the fabric.

I'm thinking of making 20 or so more blocks to go with the Boom blocks. I like to make all different blocks, so was thinking of making a "pink" block using the same pattern for the boom block. This would also allow for me to try some more challenging designs as I could make mine first for practice.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:54 AM

Macybaby very pretty corals and pinks.

Ibex always love making Christmas blocks.

My fabric is cut up, need to write my requests and label bags. Just ran to the store to buy sandwich baggies. Hope to mail tomorrow morning on way to hospital for my procedure

We have frost advisory out here for tonight. Way to early for that