Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 09-09-2020, 09:07 AM

The fun has started for me. Bugaroo's beautiful F8s have arrived. Lovely colors. Friday 5 more packages are set to arrive.

Terriamn, if I'm not being too nosy, what's the procedure you're going in for? If you told us, I missed it entirely in the craziness of the week. I hope it goes very well. Hugs...

Good for you, Ibex, on posting pix! Pretty Christmas fabric.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:09 AM

Here is my fabric for the two-month group. It's going to be all fall colors.
Attached Thumbnails fall-animal-material-hav4boys.jpg  
Old 09-09-2020, 12:56 PM

Oh ibex. I made a pair of elf legs coming down the chimney for Jayne awhile ago. This would be perfect for this quilt, especially if it’s for kids.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:22 PM

My fabric is on its way! I envy everyone that has access to cooler weather right now. I am having a blast reading through the sign ups messages tracking down the Pumpkin's first round of ideas. I am so excited to be doing another boom. Thank you for the gallery, Janice!

Have4Boys, yours is the first fabric I have definite plans for at the moment. Love that fabric! MacyBaby's Valentine theme has me searching my magazines and online block galleries to see if I can find a unique one that will be perfect for you..I am delighted with the variety of fabrics!

Sewbizgirl, we have another QB Boomer nearby.... Good to meet you Mobile. Always great to chat with you again, Sewbiz.

Are we going to get to play with your black and whites in Pumpkins, too,Terriamn?

mjpEncinitas and Libster -- my kind of fabric! Now let's see what I can do with it that will dazzle me, too. I think I have some of those in my collections, to practice on... Peacock..... hmmmm.

Bugaboo, what does your teacher friend teach? Good to meet you!

Klaws, that fabric is perfect for so many projects. I can't wait to get your note telling me what you ultimately are hoping for. I just keep thinking fairy quilt, lol. (one of the previous boom themes for me). Reminiscing is what happens because I haven't finished that quilt... or any of my other Boom quilts.

Jaba - I love the variety of colors! That will be one happy quilt. I need to reread the sign up threads to figure out what you're hoping for that quilt.

Back to my magazines for ideas. I am teaching full time this fall -- all online. You all will be my major distraction when I am not playing with grandchildren. Stay safe everyone!

Old 09-09-2020, 01:31 PM

Default elf legs

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Oh ibex. I made a pair of elf legs coming down the chimney for Jayne awhile ago. This would be perfect for this quilt, especially if it’s for kids.
That sounds like a perfect quilt block for this quilt! Thank you! Great to be Booming with you again!

Thank you, too, for your exotic fabric to work with. Will you have a full tail spread male peacock or one in sweeping tail profile for the center? I am assuming you're doing the iridescent male peacock, not one of the white male.

Old 09-09-2020, 01:53 PM

I made myself a block today.
Attached Thumbnails 101_1213-2-.jpg  
Old 09-09-2020, 03:38 PM

Lovely, Libster!!
Old 09-09-2020, 06:35 PM

Macybaby -- love the Valentine theme!

Have4boys - your fabric looks like pure fun!

Ibex94 - my teacher friend is Mrs. Alexander and she teaches middle school science. I taught in elementary school with her for about 10 years.

Wonderful block Libster. I have an extra 8th to do the same but as of now, it's in the pile! I did clean said pile today. Organization makes me more productive but mostly I like taking a fresh look at my stash so nothing gets forgotten.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

Cute block, Libster. I made one too but posted it in the Flurries group.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:31 AM

Good morning, Pumpkins! Libster, very pretty block. I'll be sure to add it to the gallery along with MJP's block soon.

I see more F8s are on their way. Tomorrow and Saturday more packages will arrive. Woo hoo!