Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 7.0-EARTH Group >

Boomerang 7.0-EARTH Group

Boomerang 7.0-EARTH Group

Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 AM

kehoeta: an "excuse" to go to the quilt store--how exciting!!!!! Love it when you just "have to" go to the fabric store!!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM

LOL, I go every day I can, it is right next door to the post office. We have a mercantile in town that just happens to have some awesome fabric! They know me really well there.

I got a new order this week for a memory quilt. The gentleman who passed away was military. I should have a lot of fabric that goes along with that theme. I believe he was a career Army man. I am really saddened by the fact that the pictures they gave me to put on the quilt are almost all on his death bed. I want pictures of him when he was young and strong and Alive. But because it is not for me I do my job. If any one ever does a memory quilt for me I really hope they remember the really good times, not the end of the road! Do you know what I mean? This makes my job so much harder, and sad. I even have a picture of the tombstone they want on the quilt!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM

Finally posting pics of recently received blocks:

From Gayle, birdlady: a "Card Trick with a Heart" Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327324[/ATTACH]

From Linda, ljdugas31, a "Friendship Star" block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327325[/ATTACH]

From MaryMo, a rail fence with a pretty appliqued flower in the center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327326[/ATTACH]

And, Diane, lvbabyboomer, made me two "Main Street" blocks out of my butterfly fabric; how sweet are these blocks!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327328[/ATTACH]

Thank you ladies so much. I love them all.

I will be quilting from Wed thru Sunday next week with 2 BFF quilting buddies at our "1st Private Quilt Retreat" at my friend's condo in Lompoc, Central Coast of California and I can't wait!! So I will finally be sewing boom blocks.

Since I haven't been sewing in about a month or so (carpal tunnel surgery and OutOfTown), I wanted to keep all my squishies organized. Once I chose matching fabrics, I put them all together in a baggie or envelope with each of your names. Then I bought a tub to keep them all in. I think this is working great for me!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327329[/ATTACH]

marytoddliz: that is a sad request. I agree, pictures of his "life" especially when he was in his prime would be a better remembrance!!
Attached Thumbnails heart-card-trick-butterfly.jpg   pink-friendship-star.jpg   pink-butterfly-w-appliqued-flower.jpg   2-butterfly-blocks.jpg   tub-f8.jpg  

Old 04-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Funny.. I too will be quilting from Wed thru Sunday with 2 BFF's and I'm going to Lompoc too. I even have a box with all my baggies and plan on making my blocks.. OOOh.. maybe we are going to the same place. ( for those who haven't figured it out ...Yaya is my BFF) I can't wait to have some quality time sewing with my BFF's. We live at opposite ends of California , we have know each other since college days (30+ years), our families spent most summers camping together and our husbands are Bff's too. Can't wait ...see you soon ... love you
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by lynnquilts View Post
Funny.. I too will be quilting from Wed thru Sunday with 2 BFF's and I'm going to Lompoc too. I even have a box with all my baggies and plan on making my blocks.. OOOh.. maybe we are going to the same place. ( for those who haven't figured it out ...Yaya is my BFF) I can't wait to have some quality time sewing with my BFF's. We live at opposite ends of California , we have know each other since college days (30+ years), our families spent most summers camping together and our husbands are Bff's too. Can't wait ...see you soon ... love you
Back at you, my BFF!! Cutting fabrics for boom blocks today, while it is raining in Southern California (that song was wrong!!)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 PM

Received a beautiful block from Kehoe today. Thank you so much, it fits perfectly with the others.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:02 PM

I got my block from Theresa today..beautiful!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:33 PM

Hello Earth Boomers,
I have received a lovely donation of fabric panels, suitable for a small quilt or whatever. They are free. I don't want them to sit in someone's closet. I want them to be used. For your home, your friends, charity quilting, a group of scouts or kids.
I am offering these to my Boom buddies. I like to share. Dotty
Attached Thumbnails april-14-005.jpg   april-14-006.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 07:01 PM

Dotty, those are so cute! I don't have time now to take on any more projects, but if you have trouble finding a home for them I might be able to squeeze a project in closer to fall.

What a super sweet gesture that is! Lord know I have a ton of fabric I need to donate... I think I am much better at collecting it!

I am working on my Halloween block right now, they are so fun!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Default More Blocks Posted

I finished these three today. I'm getting there, hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails birds-air-500x500.jpg   house-block-500x500.jpg   indian-500x500.jpg