Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 2408

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

  1. #126
    Senior Member TheMamaHauser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Great Falls, MT
    Posts
    810
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    shampoo my kitchen carpet
    Doogie (my husband) bought me a Bissel ProClean 2X for mother's day a few years ago; I asked him for it.

    What he didn't realize at the time was that I had zero intention of being the one to use it. I can say with 100% truthfulness that my machine has never, ever, ever been used by female hands.

    Sucker.
    Mischief Managed.

  2. #127
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    All f8ths cut this am, envelopes addressed, thanks to mail merge and printer taking envelopes, cut up moonrise and yosemitsea blocks, now waiting to hget on sewing machine so can sew them up and mail out. I also need to wrap the f8ths for the envelopes. may have to stop by main post office instead of using the office mail box to mail out. Lunch is ready, DH cooked me enough supper last night to give me at least two to three days of meals at office since I don't get to get out till next week when boss comes back from vacation. Life is good for sure.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  3. #128
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    What I am sending out.Name:  30s mailed.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  247.6 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  4. #129
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    Doogie (my husband) bought me a Bissel ProClean 2X for mother's day a few years ago; I asked him for it.

    What he didn't realize at the time was that I had zero intention of being the one to use it. I can say with 100% truthfulness that my machine has never, ever, ever been used by female hands.

    Sucker.
    OMG!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. The lady in the lab next to me came running to make sure I was ok. Thank you for this. I really needed this with the way my afternoon is looking!!!

  5. #130
    Super Member marytoddliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Posts
    1,717
    Blog Entries
    2
    LOL, Kelly you are so funny! Linda, Linda, Linda... I think you are going to make fine blocks, don't worry! Quilter Momma, sending prayers for your back to get better. Yosamitesa, I also was very surprised when I saw the fabric I received was from Texas and Georgia. it must have been traveling all day on Sunday!

    No more squishes in the mail today. But I know my box will be full of them tomorrow! I have a summer cold coming on, and I am determined to get rid of it quick. what home remedies do you all have?

    I am drinking tons of tea with lemon and honey, I was thinking about adding a drop of something a bit stronger. When we were kids we would get a tablespoon of Honey mixed with lemon and a few drops of something stronger, not sure which one she would put in it but it always helped us sleep.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

  6. #131
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    All f8ths cut this am, envelopes addressed, thanks to mail merge and printer taking envelopes, cut up moonrise and yosemitsea blocks, now waiting to hget on sewing machine so can sew them up and mail out. I also need to wrap the f8ths for the envelopes. may have to stop by main post office instead of using the office mail box to mail out. Lunch is ready, DH cooked me enough supper last night to give me at least two to three days of meals at office since I don't get to get out till next week when boss comes back from vacation. Life is good for sure.
    YEA!!! If you want to save on postage, just wait to mail the F8 with my completed block whenever you get it done. No rush!!!

    BTW, I LOVE your fabs. I have a couple of those in my stash!!!

  7. #132
    Super Member marytoddliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, Oregon
    Posts
    1,717
    Blog Entries
    2
    I love it! I want them all, OK I will try to admire your beautiful quilt and not be envious! I love 30's prints!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    What I am sending out.Name:  30s mailed.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  247.6 KB
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

  8. #133
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    Well that tells me I am going to get some great blocks back. i was planning on mailing the grownups with the f8ths with the two I have. It is nearly lunch so I can sew.

    Mary, put some of that fine BV in. That is what my momma used and so did grandma. Be sure is the good kind and not the cheap stuff so it has good effect, also do the menthol on the joints, plenty of rest for sure, a good book if needed or quilting magazine, then after an hour from the stronger tea, then take up some of that zicam, or preventative stuff they sell, can't remember the name. This will do ya for sure, you need two days at least of this otherwise will be for nothing. Call me around Thurs to let me know how you are. (LOL)
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  9. #134
    Super Member missgigglewings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Seguin and Universal City Tx
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Well that tells me I am going to get some great blocks back. i was planning on mailing the grownups with the f8ths with the two I have. It is nearly lunch so I can sew.

    Mary, put some of that fine BV in. That is what my momma used and so did grandma. Be sure is the good kind and not the cheap stuff so it has good effect, also do the menthol on the joints, plenty of rest for sure, a good book if needed or quilting magazine, then after an hour from the stronger tea, then take up some of that zicam, or preventative stuff they sell, can't remember the name. This will do ya for sure, you need two days at least of this otherwise will be for nothing. Call me around Thurs to let me know how you are. (LOL)

    Ok...I need some release from back pain too! Please tell me what BV is...so I can go get me some!

  10. #135
    Senior Member Linda58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    664
    Ladies I have some questions. I have my F8's ready, 2 different prints that coordinate, I will send one print to 20 people and the other print to 20 people. I also have 2 more fabrics that coordinate with the F8 I am sending. Do you think it would be ok for me to send 2 F8's to each person so they have 2 coodinating fabrics to work with? Or would that be against the rules. I would be happy to add money for the extra postage so they can send the extra back in case I need to make more blocks. Does this make sense? If it would be a bad thing to do, I will just send 1 F8 to each person. I would try to post pics of the fabric, but it won't work.
    Linda58


    "A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

  11. #136
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,990
    Blog Entries
    3

    Wonky swolen fatty eigths coming to a mailbox near you!

    They're wonky (don't ask) with generous proportions and they are on their way! Hip hip hooray!

    "scraps" to Canada with no form @ $.85 and all others $.65. I used snack sized zip locks...which refused to squish the air out = wonky and swollen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fraew; 08-21-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

  12. #137
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    I just made a purse out of those fabrics. I used all the coordinating prints as well. Oh I have the fabric for these Fraew.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  13. #138
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,990
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I just made a purse out of those fabrics. I used all the coordinating prints as well. Oh I have the fabric for these Fraew.
    Matching purse sounds great too!
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

  14. #139
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    I know so do you really think you would get your grown up block back from me, I bet I could use your fabric and make me a coordinating wallet and coin purse with a cosmetic pouch to boot.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  15. #140
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    Going home today will be moonrise block and yosamitesaName:  Moonrise.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  237.5 KBName:  Yosamitsea.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  230.4 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  16. #141
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Well that tells me I am going to get some great blocks back. i was planning on mailing the grownups with the f8ths with the two I have. It is nearly lunch so I can sew.

    Mary, put some of that fine BV in. That is what my momma used and so did grandma. Be sure is the good kind and not the cheap stuff so it has good effect, also do the menthol on the joints, plenty of rest for sure, a good book if needed or quilting magazine, then after an hour from the stronger tea, then take up some of that zicam, or preventative stuff they sell, can't remember the name. This will do ya for sure, you need two days at least of this otherwise will be for nothing. Call me around Thurs to let me know how you are. (LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    Ok...I need some release from back pain too! Please tell me what BV is...so I can go get me some!
    Definately...I need some for my hips. Since getting pregnant and having my son, I've had hip problems BAD...bad enough that I've been down for a day or two before being able to move.

  17. #142
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    They're wonky (don't ask) with generous proportions and they are on their way! Hip hip hooray!
    So...why are they wonky??? Tee hee!!!!! You knew someone would ask...heck, I can be the trouble maker...haven't seen Elisabrat in a while, so heck...I'll take over!!!

  18. #143
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    QuilterMomma - I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you SO much!!! I can't wait to show my lil one!!! He will probably sleep with the block when it comes home. He wants to sleep with the fabric in his bed.

  19. #144
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    Oh!!! I forgot to tell y'all!!! I do NOT need any left over fabric returned!!!

  20. #145
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,990
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    So...why are they wonky??? Tee hee!!!!! You knew someone would ask...heck, I can be the trouble maker...haven't seen Elisabrat in a while, so heck...I'll take over!!!
    I was sure that QuilterMamma would beat you to it but she was distracted by planing her new wallet and coin purse!

    I thought I'd be efficient and "tear" my fabric. It distorted like nothing I've seen before...so i made the pieces larger to compensate. Oh the pain of wonky when wonky isn't your thing!

    I just realized that I forgot to say on my F8 notes that embroidery is welcomed. Redwork, Blackwork, Purse, skirt, have at it.
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

  21. #146
    Super Member Yosamitesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    I was sure that QuilterMamma would beat you to it but she was distracted by planing her new wallet and coin purse!

    I thought I'd be efficient and "tear" my fabric. It distorted like nothing I've seen before...so i made the pieces larger to compensate. Oh the pain of wonky when wonky isn't your thing!

    I just realized that I forgot to say on my F8 notes that embroidery is welcomed. Redwork, Blackwork, Purse, skirt, have at it.
    LOL...you are funny!!! OH!!! What about Bluework, and Greenwork, and Purplework??? HUH??? Tee hee...told ya', I'm on a roll today!!! Off to get the baby and then grocery and then home to cook...tonight is TACO NIGHT at our house!!! Hugs and love!

  22. #147
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    Hey Yosa, have you seen the chiro? That may take care of that hip. Also if you would quit swinging it around so much it would not hurt or is it having that baby on it doing it? Hmmmm, things to consider since you want the bluework and greenwork and purplework with that red/black/white/gray. That hip must be making you color blind. (LOL)

    Yep, those accessories will be nice to have.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  23. #148
    Super Member chewboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,338
    had a little bump in my plans my f8 will be going out tomorrow i did get moonrise squishy but hasveny been to the mail box so will let you know what else has arrived

  24. #149
    Super Member chewboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,338
    themamahauser-- i would love to meet--do you work at quilt away--or just shop there

  25. #150
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    Ok, sealed some of my envelopes and forgot to put in my little note to you all. It goes something like this:

    This is 1930s collection fabric by Robert Kaufman and Darlene Zimmerman. Be my guest to use plain white or a solid color if needed with it. No modern fabric please. I want to keep it true to the era. It will be a large sampler put on point when I do the setting.

    Ok, now I feel better as long as we all remember this. I am having some memopause symptoms today. Either that or it is those pain meds, haven't figured it out yet.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 56 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.