Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Lightbulb 18 inch x12 1/2 inch Applique anyone? Diamond group

I just finnished cutting and most pieces are 18 inch x 11 inch but a couple are 18 inch x 12 1/2 inch or bigger.

Since I am doing Patriotic Americana and am sending out tea stained Moda muslin, I wonder if some people plan to do applique. If you are and want the slightly bigger pieces to get a 12 1/2 inch x 12 1/2 inch back ground for an applique block out of it, let me know and I send you those. Just pm me.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-19-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Anna Quilts

I am done, I am done, I am done. tada! postal box opens at 9 will be standing there.. open open..ok, never a single person in line guess no rush outgoing heads out at noon and five. I can get there before first pick up.

I sure hope I get some salad sounded marvelous, oh heck hows about that roast with GRAVY sure do love that .. and that apple stuff with icecream sounds good. Now for dinner I would like the eggs over easy. that garlic bread sounds grand too.. where is the rest kiddos? I am still hungry! tomorrow pasta which is lovely if its pesto, garlic butter absolutely, basically not red. We eat red sauce very friggenweak. My DH loves five foods.. I rarely deviate as well he wont eat much. works too hard to not get fed but sheesh, I want VARIETY. I will do it with you guys virtually. Cook away and dont forget to feed me too

Patriotic is fine and dont need larger piece for applique one can always add a border if the size is off of the same fabric the applique is right?
    found out today something: bought BY MISTAKE snack baggies and the fabric fits in there just fine, no scrunching needed. Was $2.00 for generic 50 in the box. opened the box went OH NO but no issue they work for future reference and those would easily fit in a regular envelope.

Cra.. you didnt tell me there were note cutting police here TOO? well I am ... I even sent onewith a tear on the top, shall I put my hands behind me and prepare to remain silent? (oh God not SILENT!)

And last, Marybeth darling honey pie, AH HECK NO. You can keep your creepies to yourself. OMG ah heck no. I have pumpkins lots of those all over and some cats and bats/mice are fine but dont have any...lots of fall leaves, candy corns.. no creepies. My son moved home once with is Python. Great. six foot snake in the dining room. Wonderous. Not scary but still. oh joy. He then proceeded to call me from work guess what I bought? I told him if he brought that home he was dead meat, I brought him into this world I would take him out.. he kept it at work. Ah heck no..I even locked the front door when I saw one coming towards the door. BIG HUGE carved double doors, Sedona, bugs of equal size.. he sat on the porch laughing so hard when he heard that dead bolt. I was in massive panic mode. I was on first name,gifts at Christmas basis with the bug man there (Cory). Beg, what ever it takes to fudge that spray date just to make double dog sure those dinner plate size things stayed outside. No gardening there for me. Liked the gardener too

see what happens when you bring up bugs? great.
    Cant wait to get your fabrics everyone. I am so ready. I hope!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Linda-Brat... hehe, I like my new name for you! I think it is A-OK to be afraid of a dang Python! Snakes are bad, but snakes eat bugs! Well little snakes eat bugs, I would hate to think what the big ones eat! Maybe a cat if it got too close! I will warn my furbabies about Pythons, not like we have ever had one here in Crestline, but I hear they have a problem in Florida. I think I will stay away from Florida.

I know the Deadline is January 1st but... I am a little OCD myself, (hummmm I was also in the Military, wonders about that) any way back to deadline, I am pretty sure I will be done by October, if I get all the fabric the Marathon is November 4th. I will need recovery time! You know Elisabrat it is pretty close to you... hint hint hint... You could be the one holding the Baby Ruth bar at the finish line~~~

OK I am going to bed. I am going to try and be a good girl and not sleep all day and sew all night! try try try
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

oh oh was that a CHALLENGE? MARYBRAT are you challenging me to beat your timing of finish? getting out the gloves.. my those are tight.. anyone want to put a candy bar on the winner being ME? Oh oh you can run girly but you get out and go places, me not so much oodles of time to win here. Oh its funny you mentioned babe ruths got a candy bowl full of them right now on the coffee table. Wont last. hubby can eat a bag of chocolates like that in one day. I try to put only half out but he knows. I alternate one chocolate bag then on hard candy bag as he hates hard candies lol.. they last longer this way and my bowl is not sitting there empty. Oct is hell on the food budget as well gotta have those candies..

SO send your fabrics to me first, Marybrat can wait a bit longer um.. well she might be busy in fact send me her fabrics and I will get them to her right away or when I remember which ever comes first lol promise (hand behind back fingers accidentally crossed)... boy that candy bowl is gonna be full in someones house.. and I promise to take a pic when it is

I am HUNGRY again.. time for wheaties.. ugh.. would rather have those eggs and bacon now.. get up! lazy bones get up!
    Linda

OK...WOW...that is about all I can say. I knew I'd miss some this weekend, but WOW!!! You ladies are AWESOME and provided a GREAT morning read at the office. Thankfully no one is around me (I work on the 3rd floor pretty much by myself while the rest of the company is on the 4th floor -- yep...blonde headed stepchild here!!!) so as I was laughing I didn't have anyone staring me down. Whew!!! What is this "running" thing y'all keep speaking of? Running...is that a new word that I should know??? Hmmm...nope...don't think I've heard of it or tried it...nor do I want to. Well, time for me to get back to work...gonna be a LONG day...A/C is off and on today...gonna be fun!

Blog Entries
    I just left the post office. I used legal-sized envelopes and had folded everything up so that it fit into half a sandwich-sized baggie (with all the air pressed out). It was the cost of a normal stamp (whatever they are worth now, I don't keep track anymore) for everyone except OkDarla's (that was $0.65).

So, if anyone has a problem where they want additional postage upon delivery PLEASE LET ME KNOW so I can reimburse the cost (first) and chew out Lurch (the creeper at the post office) second.

I bet my neighbor Chewboo will have hers by tomorrow We need to meet up at The Quilt Away one of these days...
    Last edited by TheMamaHauser; 08-20-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Clarification of intent
    Mischief Managed.

LOL...Lurch!!! HA HA HA!!! Awesome...I totally know the feeling!

Blog Entries
    Was goldendog55 ok? Last I thought I read on main thread she had to drop out because she got a blood clot in her sugery leg. I am going to pm her just to make sure and lovingisabella.

You ladies sure were busy this weekend. First time on computer all day and weekend and wowser. I did select my fabric and prewashed it for you. I am not a prewash fan myself, but just for you ladies I guess. Yep, those fat quarters were no fun to wash because they frayed all over the place. I had this huge wad of fabric all tied together when I took it out of washer and had to cut them apart. I am send several pieces of the 30s fabric to make a sampler 30s quilt. They are not going till tomorrow or Wednesday when I finish getting the 1/3 yards cut up for you.

I used a little box that held my envelopes in nice neat order and had my list handy for when they came in till I took it to office then was not as easy but still managed. I am hoping this time to do them as they come in so I can keep up on them. I have waited till last minute once, then did all at once except the slow f8ths, so this time going to do as come in so not stacked up and maybe I can do different blocks instead of just one although the star one turned out nice every time and got it to be perfect.

Well, better get busy, have O&M Manuals to get out today before boss leaves on vacation. Busy Busy Busy.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Got my first F8 today! Moonrise, you're #1 (and not like 'middle-finger'#1 either! The good #1!)!
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    Goldendog is in this boom, just not in the wonky log cabin. So now to get her envelope ready and busy on the rest. See how fast you gals are, someone is already getting fabric.

Hmmm...wonder if I will have goodies waiting on me at home...

First F8 received

Moonrise is the winner! I got her F8 this morning. Now tell me did you give my postman my chocolate?
    I guess she deserves it or will definitely earn her money this month! (Just kidding, my postlady is the greatest!)
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

All my F8s went out today and 1 came in....the winner is: #1 Yosemitesa

Wow, that was fast! (I'm so glad I'm not "middle finger #1" - ROFL!)

I received an F8 today too, from Marytoddliz. Very pretty!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

SENT: Everyone posted today so watch out its comin' Note: generic little snack bags were .45c in 6x9 envelope so if they charge you when you get them please let me know. Also if you smush all the air out it was .45c ok ifyou left some air in um maybe I did on like half of them it was .65 unless of course something else got into that envelope it was a bit more.. so just hollar loud ifyou got jipped into paying for yours.. we were chatting as she was weight maxing so who knows. Also Scottland was I think only $1.05 for me (other swap) and canada $1.05 or $1.15 same with Australia so not bad at all.. I felt ok when I left there. now to find a deal on the 6x 9 like I saw posted.. too bad no office supply around here.. ok you guys totally worth it.

NEXT: Received fabric from Yosemitesa blue cat in the hat CHECK
    Received fabric from Marytoddliz adorable small print Christmas (no bugs love you!)

so off to shut up and start sewing as well I am in a contest with the runner in the group. all the running jokes: she is in this marathon 26.5 miles coming up. I have always HATED running. Now sprint I could sprint pretty good even today if a spi. bug is around yuppers pretty darned fasts there. Leave the running to the experts. Short legged and not an expert.

Ok sewing sewing sewing.. both of you did not state if you need scraps back but will save them for you until I hear otherwise. hum.. this is oh so fun. You two, shoot you have Saturday mail obviously where you live. Not so much here in the woods. Lucky to have it I think. Town so darned small at 125 people suprised they did not close our box down.. happy they didnt how would I get your goodies otherwise? wait til they start coming in. I have the tiny postal box.. envelope sized.. lol sure Gracie will want me to visit daily. Nice thing about small towns everyone knows everyone and it wonderful if your not in trouble then everyone knows that too.. sigh. Life is good without trouble.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Madam Moonrise... your block

Name:  7826556392_007342690f.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  102.6 KB
    Mischief Managed.

Oh wow! That's stunning! It reminds me of a stained glass window.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    You are overachievers for sure. That is a pretty block must be the pretty fabric to work with as well. I better print my list and get that done, been so busy that not able to do much fun stuff.

Blog Entries
    I suppose it's a little late to ask this, but we can post pictures right?
    Mischief Managed.

Ok Ladies i mailed out all my f8 so watch your mailboxes! Happy sewing!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I got two squishies... From Moonrise and from Yosamitesa. I will post pictures of finished block in album when I get around to making the album!

Going out in the Morning. Linda, I was not challenging you to see who would get done first, I was inviting you to come to Marathon and have my candy bar at the finish line! LOL... The Marathon is in Fresno, fairly close to you? I guess I should google it. I don't want you to rush on your blocks, take time and enjoy making them. I am just a total over achiever and wanted all mine done before I run the race... I hate to say it but after the race is over it takes me a while to be able to move again! Now I don't always admit to that. But we are also going on vacation for 2 weeks after the run, so I will be away from the computer.

So just in case I don't get them all done before, I will work on them in December.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    That block is beautiful mamahauser...yup yup I'm excited now. Cleaned out my Boom 7 albums and will put all Boom 8's in there. Can't seem to get the name to change so just ignore it. I'm in diamonds and rubies so will combine both, just because I had to write to the board last time to get the short cut right, still can't figure it out. Mine were all mailed today. My Boom 7 is on the quilting table and about half done, didn't realize how much I love that quilt until I kept looking at it today. Some of you were in that one too so will post when it comes off the table and binding done. You all did such an amazing job, thank you, it was a pleasure putting it together. Sure makes a big difference when everyone's measures that 12 1/2 inches. Got my receiving baskets all ready, now I'll be watching the mail box like a hawk.

Blog Entries
    Isabella, your pm is full. Thanks for the update on all the messages of changes, you did good girl.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    QuilterMomma missed you over the weekend. I figured you were busy in the garden, me too pulling weeds. Still sore from being on my hands and knees for so long. That's hard on an old fat lady!! What did you teach ? How to quilt, long arm or? Send me a pic of your feathers please, would like to see how you do them.

Wow Kelly! That was fast and so pretty. I just recieved that fabric in the mail too. It is very inspirational and I am looking forward to working with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
    Madam Moonrise... your block

Name:  7826556392_007342690f.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  102.6 KB
    Anna Quilts

Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 ... LastLast