Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0  Sign-Ups  NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-) >

Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
Originally Posted by AngieS
I've never done one of these either but.....after hearing Michelle B. and Janet talk about it I signed up. I bought my fabric on Friday. I just LOVE this fabric. My shop lady said it's an oriental fabric but I just loved how it looked so I only bought the one fabric. Can't wait to see what my partners do with it. I will get is washed and ready to go out this week. I'm a lil scared to that I won't be able to get the blocks done as quickly as needed. I did figure that if I have 4 months then if I did one every 3 1/2 days I am fine. :) Thanks for letting me join in the fun.
So glad you are going to do this swap Angie...I will help if you need it.
Hugs,
Mom
Thanks Mom!! :) Hopefully all will be fine. Just nervous. :shock:

Can't wait to get my fabric all ready to ship out. Going to try and do that tonight or tomorrow night.
More mother/daughter teams how awesome!!
Hugs
April
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 AM

Can't wait to get started. I need to hurry up and get my painting done on my kitchen so that is out of the way. :)
Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
My grandmother use to belong to a friendship club.. however they didnt swap quilt blocks, they swapped for whatever the person collected. My grandmothers was pitchers. She got her lst one in 1944 and her last one in 1966, right before she died. She has at least one from every state and there are very few duplicates. The smallest is about an inch high and the biggest is a water pitcher. I am beginning to realize why they meant so much to her...it was like this swap..she made friends everywhere! She kept a list and I was given the pitchers a couple of years ago along with the list of who sent them. They had been boxed up since 1966 and it meant so much to go thru them and "remember" for her. SOOOOO this just isnt a quilt swap..its a friendship maker! Just think of what you might get from anywhere in the world!! Plus a lifetime of memories!!
JoanelizbayYou are SO right! :thumbup: Through swapping I have met some awesome quilters/gardeners & have even been fortunate to meet a few. (We actually did a quilt retreat together! - amazing time & loads of fun!) One of the special friendships I've formed is with a woman from Australia - we swap lots & email all the time. She has been a tremendous help with one of the children in my daycare - she is a special needs teacher & her advise was spot-on :!: :thumbup:
So ladies, it isn't JUST about quilting! It's a wonderful way to meet some incredible people - & have experiences you'll remember for a lifetime! *see above :) *
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 AM

Hey, April, as far as I am concerned, no biggie if group 3 only has 35 -- it is still a 7 block by 5 block quilt. (I assume I will be in group 3 because I added my name after group 2 filled up.)
Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Angie is my adopted quilting daughter. I feel like she is my birth child. What a sweetie.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Mom-You're so sweet! :) Hope the weather by you is nice. More rain here. School let out an hour early today.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:40 PM

I am SO looking forward to this swap. It was a spur of the moment decision and I have no idea what fabric I will send. I just knew I had to decide fast before it closed.

I don't recognize anyone. I am Lynne, live northest of Houston, quilting for 25 years. DH & 17 yr old son with me. Life is good.

Thanks April for giving me the green light.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM

I will go ahead and do the third swap as well. I then am in for two of them. I am going to have to really look at my stash to see what fun fabric is lingering out there to swap with. I do know that Buggy Barn in Readon, WA is having their usual Saturday sale on fat 8ths so may just make it simple on myself and pick up 36 of them for this second swap, maybe their $4.00 bolt sale is on and will make up my own. Hmmmmmm. Now for a fun question. several people are using the "DH", is that for darn husband? darling husband? or dead husband? Ya just have to let me know.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:01 PM

I too joined in on a second group to try to fill all he spots. Cmon lurkers....only one spot left! You know you want to aaaaaaand....all your friends are doing it!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
I will go ahead and do the third swap as well. I then am in for two of them. I am going to have to really look at my stash to see what fun fabric is lingering out there to swap with. I do know that Buggy Barn in Readon, WA is having their usual Saturday sale on fat 8ths so may just make it simple on myself and pick up 36 of them for this second swap, maybe their $4.00 bolt sale is on and will make up my own. Hmmmmmm. Now for a fun question. several people are using the "DH", is that for darn husband? darling husband? or dead husband? Ya just have to let me know.
DH -- Dear Husband most often
Other D words may be substituted at will ;) & you can usually tell by the rest of the message if another word is intended! :lol: :lol: