Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 03-23-2010, 12:10 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on Boom blocks this week. I'll let you know when I send yours out.

Looking forward to 2.0!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
No pressure at all on anyone but we have just about 3 weeks left on this swap-how is everyone doing?
Hugs
April
Who is sad to see some of our current swappers won't be joining us for round two but is excited to swap with new members too! :-)
April, I will get all my blocks out asap! one thing I learned was I do NOT have a stash I am a newbie and I found out I did not have fabric to match or that would work together with the fabric that everyone sent! After to many trips to the LQS I now have a F4 to work with everyones fabric. I have 7 cut out and ready to sew. I can get them sent back on time. :thumbup:

I am sad I can't do 2.0, but I will be following the post to see all the AWESOME blocks!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

No pressure at all on anyone but we have just about 3 weeks left on this swap-how is everyone doing?
I have a bit of a dilemma:

When I first started sewing (after my work project from hell was over). I decided to do 2 blocks for each F8. One is the same for everyone and one different - depending what the fabric wanted.

Now I have 20 squishies in the post and 1 more ready to go, leaving 14.

I know that I can get the single blocks done in time, but not 2. Should I finish the single block, send it out to meet my deadline and send the second block out later?

Any input?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I have a bit of a dilemma:

When I first started sewing (after my work project from hell was over). I decided to do 2 blocks for each F8. One is the same for everyone and one different - depending what the fabric wanted.

Now I have 20 squishies in the post and 1 more ready to go, leaving 14.

I know that I can get the single blocks done in time, but not 2. Should I finish the single block, send it out to meet my deadline and send the second block out later?

Any input?
Well all I can say ladies, her blocks are well worth the wait, mine were just stunning.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Any input?
I would be okay waiting to receive both blocks together.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM

I don't mind waiting for blocks MadQuilter. :)
Old 03-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Here are the blocks that I have already received. WOW...they all look awesome together! Don't you think? :)

Boomerang 1.0 - 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26375[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26375.jpe  
Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM

Can ya'll see me doing the happy dance here? I am so pleased with being able to get in the swap. I was silly and passed it up the first time and shouldn't have. I may end up droping out of all my other swaps as soon as my committment is met but I am gonna hang with this one. I like the idea of sending out F8s and getting blocks back made with that material. I also LOVE the idea of getting F8s in the mail and making someone a block out of it. I have a good stash and am not afraid to go out and buy more material to go with a F8 if I need it. I am still pretty much a beginner so I don't know how fancy my blocks will be but that's not the point is it? The point is that I will put my all into each and every block I make and can only hope that the blocks' mommy or daddy (since we do have men quilters) like what I make them. I wonder if I can do my favorite block with a F8 and white? mmmm ..... Can't WAIT to get started. And since I just ordered 42 F4s I will have plenty of material that I can cut into F8s and send out and still have plenty left for me.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:50 PM

MadQuilter.....no rush to get any blocks my way.....whenever you can get to it is fine!!

Mistiliz......you have the makings of a stunning quilt!!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 PM

April....I have beeb really struggling here with boomerang 2.0. I felt that when I lost my job I should not paticipate but as my DH pointed out I do have enough stash to send out a different fabric to everyone in the swap and end up with an awesome scrappy sampler and all it would cost me would be the postage. SSSSoooo...if there is still room I would like to be included in 2.0