Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Gorgeous fabric!! Love it.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

frenchfryqueen I love your fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    Looked through my stash and didn't have enough of any one fabric. I thought I had enough of a complement to my Boom 9 fabric, but alas, I did not. So I *had* to go buy some new fabric and some coordinating fabrics to finish it out. This is what I chose for this swap. I absolutely adore it!
    Attachment 419994
    I love that fabric! I used it in a baby quilt earlier this year. So cute!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Ok I have a comment to make. shoot me to those who know me this in itself is no surprise. I read a post a few back that there is someone sending two pieces that EQUAL one fat eight is that correct? Oh Please Do NOT do that. It is hard enough to come up with enough fabric to do a whole lot of blocks just by virtue of the size we are already working with. if you send pieces then you limit your block and the creativity that goes into it. I am fairly sure we are to send one piece but maybe that has never been addressed.
    I have to agree with this! Also sending the 18 X 11 is a whole lot better to work with than 9 x 22. Also shaving of some of the size required to send in a smaller envelope is not good cause it makes it harder for us to make a decent block.

I received some back in 8 Boomrang that had not a correct number where a certain amount was shaved off and most so with the 9 x 22 which made it hard to make a decent block with smaller sizes.

I think if I received pieces sent equaling either 9 x 22 or 18 x 11 I'd return it to the person and ask them to recut it properly if they wanted a decent block back.

It's really a no brainer rules state a ONE piece either in 9 x 22 or 18 x 11. Rules do not allow us to send pieces amounting to a certain size. That certainly takes away from our ability to make decent blocks if we get pieces of fabrics equaling one size amount.
    clsurz

Oh yah.... I love those too! I hope I am in your swap group...

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    Looked through my stash and didn't have enough of any one fabric. I thought I had enough of a complement to my Boom 9 fabric, but alas, I did not. So I *had* to go buy some new fabric and some coordinating fabrics to finish it out. This is what I chose for this swap. I absolutely adore it!
    Attachment 419994
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/

This will be my first "go" at this, but it looks like a lot of fun. Will take it easy with one small group on the regular schedule (sent email yesterday). Already worked on picking my fabric and am getting excited seeing the other fabric choices! Love yours frenchfryqueen.

Nice fabric Frenchfry! and seeing it used in a baby blanket I noticed while one chose blues and greens to accent you look like you went for the golden accent. Its cool how one fabric takes everyone in a different direction and the end results are totally different from each other.

My favorite part of this swap is all the variety of fabrics we receive. I put my envelopes as they come in a box, write the received date on the envelope so if they get mixed up I know which ones get worked on first (order of receipt) then.. when I am ready for the next block .. I open that envelope and its a surprise! tada! today your working on flowers! next cubes! and so on. If I peak at them there is always the tendency to want to use the 'easy' ones first. so never peak or your stuck with all the tough ones at the end!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Catgirl, I love what you did with the fabric! I always think it is fascinating to see the grownup blocks together, and all the different fabrics everyone picks to use.

Last swap, I put all my F8s in a stack as I received them. I looked at them, stuck them back in their envelope, and did them in order of receipt. Some blocks were harder to decide on than others, but I feel like I only sent out blocks I would want to get back.. and I think that's all any of us are looking for. Anyone who is nervous about being a beginner.. don't be! It's all in good fun and skill levels, and some of us who seem confident are in the same boat as you. *raises hand sheepishly*
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

I must have missed a post as I did not see one about sending two smaller cuts. This is generally only allowed to be done if a member asks their group and people say they are willing to use them. I will double check and see what I can do
    Love the fabs FrenchFry
    Hugs
    April

Here are my sets of fabric -
    one is very colorful fish
    the second group will get either bubbles or waves with a small block to coordinate but not necessarily use
    I am working on children/baby quilts this time and thought these would be fun (plus I had the fabric!)

Hope you all will enjoy playing - there are so many colors so you all should have something in your stash.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Blog Entries
    Got my material figured out. Washed, cut, ironed, folded and in envelopes. I have Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Patriotic, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Some are one fabric (St. Pat, Easter and Thanksgiving) and the others are several different fabrics. I got some of my Christmas fabric from the Secret Santa swap last year and some of my Patriotic fabric from the recent FQ swap. I love this site.

I will entertain holiday preferences if asked and I still have it available. Now all I need is the lists of names.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of list of names, LovingIzabella, how are we doing with signups?

Quote Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
    Here are my sets of fabric -
    one is very colorful fish
    the second group will get either bubbles or waves with a small block to coordinate but not necessarily use
    I am working on children/baby quilts this time and thought these would be fun (plus I had the fabric!)

Hope you all will enjoy playing - there are so many colors so you all should have something in your stash.
    Janet,
    I have that bubble fabric in the lower right corner and it is one of my favorites!!
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
    Speaking of list of names, LovingIzabella, how are we doing with signups?
    Doing good but we still need more people so recruiters start your engines and recruit
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    ArizonaKat, if I am in your group, I prefer either the Thanksgiving fabric or the Christmas fabric. I don't think I have anything else in my stash that would work for your other holidays. I even used up the last of my patriotic for the mug rug and dq swap this time.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Ok, the fabric collection I wanted to use came cut 9 x WOF and I cut it to 9x 22. Thought this was a great way to get a vintage sampler. But looks like this cut will be a problem so maybe I better drop out of the swap...maybe next time.

Blog Entries
    I also am dropping out of the swap, I had a death in the family and will be out of town for a while, then straight to camp ground for two weeks.

When I get back I might do some side swaps since my fabric is ready to go, but will check back to find the interested parties!

Actually I am looking forward to being disconnected for a while, I find I spend way too much time on this computer so this girl is going back to nature for a few weeks!

Have fun~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
    Doing good but we still need more people so recruiters start your engines and recruit
    Hugs
    April

I think I'd like to be added for another small, fast group. That will make it 1 regular small and 1 fast small for me.
    Got my fabric washing as we speak, so it'll be ready shortly. BTW- love that fish fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Marich52 View Post
    Ok, the fabric collection I wanted to use came cut 9 x WOF and I cut it to 9x 22. Thought this was a great way to get a vintage sampler. But looks like this cut will be a problem so maybe I better drop out of the swap...maybe next time.
    Don't drop out! 9x22 is perfectly fine!!
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    I also am dropping out of the swap, I had a death in the family and will be out of town for a while, then straight to camp ground for two weeks.

When I get back I might do some side swaps since my fabric is ready to go, but will check back to find the interested parties!

Actually I am looking forward to being disconnected for a while, I find I spend way too much time on this computer so this girl is going back to nature for a few weeks!

Have fun~
    So very sorry for your loss You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    Ill take the 9 x 22 so please dont drop out!! I LOVE Montana and would be VERY happy to swap with a quilter from there!!

Sorry to hear that marytodd! Enjoy your time in the woods! I went camping last weekend and came home with two ticks...YUCK...cant stand ticks, give me bears anyday!!
    Last edited by joanelizbay; 06-20-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I can work with 9x22. We had a few in the last swap and it didn't slow me down a bit.

I would also be willing to work with two pieces but the block might be less detailed.

9x22 is fine. I hope you don't let that keep you from participating. ---- Jane
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I think I'd like to be added for another small, fast group. That will make it 1 regular small and 1 fast small for me.
    Got my fabric washing as we speak, so it'll be ready shortly. BTW- love that fish fabric.

Email sent regarding adding additional small fast group. Thanks.

ok I think I have a pic of the fabric I am using for half the swap.. 8 will get this fabric and 8 will get one almost identical a coordinating one. The next swap group gets the vintage style Christmas fabrics.

Name:  annabella03.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  55.2 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast