Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

nice fabric!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope I don't get into a fast group! I'd rather take it slow and easy!

for my groups, I am going to make color wheel blocks. Each block will be made with just one color. If you have a color you especially like or have lots of one color of fabric, if you're in my group, please let me know and you can make that color of block for me.

I can do another fast group if needed. I am only four days into vacation and already bored!

I can work with 9x22. And it IS an acceptable cut listed in the rules so you're OK. A vintage sampler sounds intriging, I hope we're in the same group
    Quote Originally Posted by Marich52 View Post
    Ok, the fabric collection I wanted to use came cut 9 x WOF and I cut it to 9x 22. Thought this was a great way to get a vintage sampler. But looks like this cut will be a problem so maybe I better drop out of the swap...maybe next time.

Staying In...

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words....I'll go for it. I just didn't want to create problems for people.

Good evening all! I'm fairly new to the board. I have sent an email to join a small, fast group if space is available. I'm looking forward to Boom 10 and getting the opportunity to get to know you all a bit and make blocks for you and receive some in return. I'll just wait to get a confirmation before I start picking fabric - although I think I know exactly what I want to use already. Fingers are crossed there's still space!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words....I'll go for it. I just didn't want to create problems for people.
    Glad you are staying in It really is a fun swap
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    No problems Marich52, there is patterns and blocks out there to make. Welcome to the Boom 10!
    Perfect more new swappers this time around. You'll have fun Janice

I'm in! Off to find my fabric!

QUOTE=Janice McC;6134273]Good evening all! I'm fairly new to the board. I have sent an email to join a small, fast group if space is available. I'm looking forward to Boom 10 and getting the opportunity to get to know you all a bit and make blocks for you and receive some in return. I'll just wait to get a confirmation before I start picking fabric - although I think I know exactly what I want to use already. Fingers are crossed there's still space![/QUOTE]

Please don't drop out. I am completely happy to use your fabric to make a block for you.

Ok, the fabric collection I wanted to use came cut 9 x WOF and I cut it to 9x 22. Thought this was a great way to get a vintage sampler. But looks like this cut will be a problem so maybe I better drop out of the swap...maybe next time.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Welcome to all of you newbies - I was there two swaps ago - so nervous about making the perfect block for everyone. And then I realized how much fun it is to play with a piece of fabric and only have to do one block and you can experiment with fabrics and colors and patterns - and oh my, how much time you spend on quilterscache.com and all the other free block pattern sites. whew - and you get to make friends and look forward to checking the forum every day cause you might miss something.....
    I have yet to get a "bad" block from both of the swaps - even a basic 9 patch works with all the other blocks!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Wink I am Free!!!

Today was my last day as president of our local Quilt Guild. A couple of days ago, I completed the customer quilt I had on my long arm machine. I feel like I am free!!!! Lets get this swap going.......I'd sure hate to wake up some morning with nothing to do! lol
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
    One question and I promise I'll stop asking so many questions. How are you mailing out the F8 and then the finished blocks? This may help other beginners not just me.

From previous experience, I found the most economical I can ship one block is in a legal size letter envelope and pay the additional postage. If I put it in a manila envelope, it's a $1.00 more due to beginning size of the manila envelope. That's using a 5x7 manila envelope.
    I fold it to fit in a regular long envelope and us pressnseal plastic wrap and it flattens out really well and I never pay over $0.64 to mail out fabric and lots of time my return blocks work out that way also. I also press t well so it is as flat as it can be
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    I wanted to send a solid green and ask for Christmas prints, but after reading the post it sounds like most have solids in their stash, not prints. Would it be better for me to send out a print instead?
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    I have lots of Christmas prints Marcialee so either way is good if we are in the same group!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

I have very little solids and TONS of prints. In fact, before Boom 9 started I bought a lot of Kona solids in case I needed them and they were my saving grace. I'm going to stock up again on solids and blenders. I have a huge container of xmas prints so no problem here
    Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    I wanted to send a solid green and ask for Christmas prints, but after reading the post it sounds like most have solids in their stash, not prints. Would it be better for me to send out a print instead?

sorry, double post!

I actually don't have any solids at all but will get them as needed from my LQS. I'd guess you should send whatever you want to send and we'll all make it work out!

Decisions, decisions... There are pros and cons for both solid and prints.
    I saw in one boom there was this pretty yellow solid that swappers added solid white to. Sure made for a beautiful quilt. I think that was probably listed in preference note. Solid or print, if you have a preference a little note. Whatever you decide on, print or solid, I can't wait to see. It will be fun to work on all the different fabrics.

A whole bin of Christmas prints at my house! I rarely buy solid. I hate working with solids I do love blenders/tone on tone fabrics. I usually have to restock on basics blacks whites, reds, blues for the swap. Soon as you buy one shade however you find you need another one oh darn it! so blenders are wonderful to use. I recall a swap were black was sent and we were asked to work with brights. I love the prints coming in its like shopping in a quilt store a bit of this a bit of that... the best part is getting one you say UGH to only to find once you have made it into a block you really like it. so..its a great learning experience the boom. and you do get a little bit better with each block.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I much prefer that you send the solid and we add the print. I do have solids but I fid it hard to have the right shade. Plenty of Christmas prints I never seem to use so it would be great to add to your solid green.
    Anna Quilts

I would be willing to use a solid with my Christmas prints also.

Blog Entries
    Well said, again, Linda! You are on a roll!! LOL Personally I think send whatever YOU want because its YOUR block thats gonna return to you and if you have a certain request ASK...people are great about cooperating with requests!
    Im ready to begin...cant wait to see the fabric you all send.
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

I have my small fast group in the envelopes, ready for addressing. I'm looking forward to this.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I agree with the ladies above.. This is YOUR fabric. We all agreed when we signed on to swap that we would follow any special requests as closely as possible, so choose whichever fabric you want to see repeated throughout your blocks. I don't think there's a single gal on here who would be mad if they just *had* to go to a fabric store and buy a little to make your block.
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast