Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009 >

CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009

CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009

Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 AM

The deadline is Oct 31st, so it looks like you and I are in luck! I'm just torn - to use blue or not? Must go fabric shopping tonight to find out. :)
Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 PM

I will have 1/2 of triangle squares in blue, so go ahead, use blue. Blue Chickens' chickens will be blue too.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 AM

These are so much fun! I was worried I might not get them all done in time since I started so late, but they're just flying together (pun intended?).

I went to the fabric store last night with a handful of lollipops as a bribe for my two-year-old, and it worked! He didn't even get anything all sticky. I *love* the body fabric I found for my roosters, and I'm dreaming of other projects I might have an excuse to pick some up for. Money is too tight, generally, to just buy it when I love it with nothing specific in mind... but, boy it would be really nice in something, right? :lol:

I'll post pics as soon as I'm able...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by jenimelinda
These are so much fun! I was worried I might not get them all done in time since I started so late, but they're just flying together (pun intended?).

I went to the fabric store last night with a handful of lollipops as a bribe for my two-year-old, and it worked! He didn't even get anything all sticky. I *love* the body fabric I found for my roosters, and I'm dreaming of other projects I might have an excuse to pick some up for. Money is too tight, generally, to just buy it when I love it with nothing specific in mind... but, boy it would be really nice in something, right? :lol:

I'll post pics as soon as I'm able...

Right! Where in Ohio are you?? I grew up in Canton. I'll try to get a picture on her tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM

Oops, that should be here.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:08 PM

I am almost done with these. I would have been done awhile ago but I keep giving away the blocks. So I stopped doing that and I just have to stich all the applique down then it is off to the Post Office I go.
Cher
Old 09-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Oh goodie...I just have a few more to stitch down myself!! Can't wait to see more arrive!!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:39 PM

ok....I've been away....very busy with work for the last few weeks...hope I didn't miss too much.

I still need to finish up my blocks....they are cut out, just need to stitch around them. Think I'll only be able to do six. But I don't know for sure, maybe work will slow down a little, yikes the beginning of this semester has been crazy!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM

Yikes! Am I the only one doing pieced quilt blocks for this swap??
Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

If I can squeeze it in Maiden..I might do pieced blocks...I think folks will need both for their quilts :shock: