Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009 >

CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009

CHICKEN BLOCK SWAP – NOTE NEW DEADLINE - OCT. 31, 2009

Old 09-28-2009, 09:37 AM

Mine are applique..and the chicken is green :wink: I am doing the applique now then they will be framed to bring them up to size...I am making 12 all alike. I just ordered my framing fabric
:D
Old 09-28-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh Pat....he is beautiful! What about the HST's is giving you such a problem? Can we help?

I am using Fat Triangle papers, and even thoough I am staying on the sewing lines, some of them are still coming out different sizes. That's all, but I will persevere.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Oh...I see....well, maybe it will get better as you go along. I know that the first time I do a block it seems to take forever...the following ones go together much better.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 AM

I have all of mine cut out and ready to applique.... well, all 5 of them, one is done! ;-)

I have a question... the rules say we get the same number back as we sent, I get that bit, but are we getting back one of the ones that we have made? Cause I really want one of mine and I do NOT want to make another one! LOL

Old 09-29-2009, 03:04 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I'm lurking!!! Just wanted to say all the blocks are fantastic and I really wish I had the time to jump in but I can only hand appliqué so it would take ages! Maybe next time - I'll be a cheerleader :D

Old 09-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I have all of mine cut out and ready to applique.... well, all 5 of them, one is done! ;-)

I have a question... the rules say we get the same number back as we sent, I get that bit, but are we getting back one of the ones that we have made? Cause I really want one of mine and I do NOT want to make another one! LOL
esq will have to give you the "official" answer Blue....but usually yes, we do get one of our own back. I don't blame you .....I'd want one of yours too!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 AM

Yes you get one of your own back!!!

I can't get over the appliqued chicken!! that's going to be popular...I think I may have to draw names out of a hat to see who gets one of those!! Nice job!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 AM

I'm still not done with mine- I need to just get the kids to bed early one night and get on it. lol
Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM

You'll never guess what happened yesterday.....

came out of Subway and the kids start shrieking and carrying on about my "quilted chicken". I'm busy making sure we have all our stuff, and I haven't accidentally left a kid behind, and I'm not really paying attention to what they're saying. Then I look up and lo and behold, there is the EXACT same chicken I've been appliquing, on the side of a truck! LOL

I copied the picture to applique off the internet, it came up in heaps of searches. I guess they did the same! lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]50129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-50129.jpe  
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 PM

btw, my block is shown on page 7 of this thread... and he's a mirror image because I forgot to reverse the pattern when I traced it onto the fusible! ;-)