Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed >

Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Children's Doll Quilt Swap - Signup Closed

Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

It is very common, especially if she hasn't been to daycare or lots of social events where there is a mix of children, The biggest thing is to teach her better habits Having her wash her hands more, for no reason, especially during and after school, and then keeping her hands away from her face. It is hard as most of us touch our face way more than we think that we do.

There is nothing to say that half the kids in the class even wash their hands once a day.

I am lucky that my kids have a pretty good immune system to start with so they don't bring everything home with them. Though K-M was home part of last week not feeling well.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
k3n
Power Poster

I'm sorry Mackenzie is feeling poorly! My two came down with everything when they first started school but in a way, it's a good thing because it's their little bodies building up immunities. Doesn't help to know that when your little one is feeling miserable though!

I have a theory they get more bugs here in France because they have to kiss and/or shake hands with ppl so much. :? :D
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 AM

I cannot wait to see what these cuties create!
All the pictures are soooo cute!
Can I play in the next one???
Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Oh...I hate to hear that Mckenzie is sick....hopefully she will bounce back really soon and get back to the sewing! I love all the cuties!--kids and quilts!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 AM

How cute is that Joey? He's even smiling while he's working!! Fabulous Joey.

Sorry about Mackenzie - it's hard when they don't feel good. Lots of mommy love seems to help them get better. William was sick all last week with an ear infection that was pretty painful, so I know what you are going through. Hope she gets better soon!!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Awwww the kids all look like they are having so much fun working on their quilts...it makes me teary eyed seeing how intensely they are working on them :D :D :D So sweet!!! I will need kleenex to keep watching all these little darlin's at work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will have to find a little one for the next round of quilts!!! 8) 8) 8)
Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
Awwww the kids all look like they are having so much fun working on their quilts...it makes me teary eyed seeing how intensely they are working on them :D :D :D So sweet!!! I will need kleenex to keep watching all these little darlin's at work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will have to find a little one for the next round of quilts!!! 8) 8) 8)
I'll send you one of mine amma, I've got a spare! :D
Old 10-14-2009, 04:11 AM

esqmommy- will there be another after this?? I was just talking to my DH and he was telling me that he let our DS ,9yrs.,use the jigsaw to cut some lumber for the garage and I started to tell him how he comes on the room when I am sewing to see what I am doing and he asks if he can try my machine. well i told him no that it is my toy, but I was thinking of letting him eventually. So I thought about this thread and was explaining it to DH and he said sign them up!! so if there will be another I will talk to my three and see if they are interested :D
Old 10-14-2009, 05:42 AM

Sure, I think we should do another...my son is now expressing interest too. I don't know if he'd do an exchange, but he wants to try out sewing...Let's see how it goes when this is done. Someone else can also take over if I can't host it for some reason!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM

How is everyone doing?

We are finally back at the sewing/quilting game. Today was Mackenzie's first day back to school after getting off the bus last Monday with a fever! Hopefully she doesn't get sick again now that her brother and I both have the "funk"!