Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 12-01-2014, 06:21 PM

The decision has been made. I will be opening early if I cant be here at the regular time. I am going to post pics just to tease all of you.

I did find out that the son is not one of the teams required at the tourny this weekend. Just the older teams. Now just to try and convince DH to stay at home instead of going to that wedding. Not that I dont like weddings but as I said before I dont know this person and I would much rather be here with all of you..We will see.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:24 PM

Here is an update on packages. Most of the missing ones that were in transit have arrived now. Any others are either on their way or Angels have assigned and those will one their way withing two days. Everyone should have an ornament on opening day. Woohoo.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:22 AM

Hoo ray...Mine arrived today, now I'm all ready for opening day BUT what time is it on the 6th?
Old 12-02-2014, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Hoo ray...Mine arrived today, now I'm all ready for opening day BUT what time is it on the 6th?
MFay, opening time is 6 P.M. EST. Not sure what time that is your neck of the woods so just pick what works for you.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:17 AM

Keepsake - Easing (as in working that fabric in.)

Got some ice last night. Schools are delayed but I am still not sure about those roads over the mountain into town. Ill just wait and see what DH has to say once he gets to work. Have I mentioned how much I hate snow and ice. It makes for a wonderful view outside but also makes getting around in these back roads a royal pain. Guess thats what I get for living the middle of absolutely nowhere.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:31 AM

I don't mind so much driving in the snow- It is just that I don't like other drivers in the snow. It is like a majority of people and teenagers put on a stupid hat when the weather turns bad. We live 15 miles out of town in a farming area and somedays it amazes me what people do and then can't figure out what happened when they are off the road or in an accident. Sometimes things just happen-accidents happen- but just because you are in a big vehicle with 4 wheel drive does not mean you are invincible.
When I started driving here in Idaho you could take Driver's Ed as soon as you turned 14 and get your license as soon as you passed it. So I had my license when I was just barely 14-scares the bejeebers out of me to think of my kids being able to drive at that age(different now)and espically in the winter.
Off my soapbox now-hope you are able to get out mdall. There are advantages to living in the middle of nowhere-just apparently this is not one of those times.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 AM

Bullock, completely agree. They must sell that stupid hat here also. I have one of those large 4 wheel drive vehicle. Its an Expidition. I can tell you that even though its large doesnt mean it handles better in these conditions. Matter of fact it handles worse in some situations. My rear end is much lighter than front and with the length of truck it has a much greater risk of the rear sliding around on you. Same with DH trucks his rear swings around if you blow on it wrong. Planning on having weights added to them some time soon hopefully. People just need to use some common sense. I can get out and about today. Just took the kids to the bus stop. The thing is I know what that mountain is probably like and it would be possible to get across it but why risk it when I can just wait till tomorrow when I know the roads will have been treated and I wont have that problem. Like I said common sense.

Yes, nowhere has it advantages that far out way the disadvantages. I can honestly say that when I send my kids out to play the only thing I have to worry about is the rare circumstance of a bear, snake, coyote, and such confronting them. They have been taught to watch for these animals and most of the time the dogs keep those away. To be honest even though they can be dangerous animals it is far more comforting than having to worry about the animals of the human kind.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:18 AM

Speaking of young drivers. Even our 18 and 16 year old who due to the 2 hour delay and their class schedules would not have had to been to school today until noon. They even had the common sense to ride the bus to school where they will now be just sitting in the commons area for almost 2 hours instead of driving. That is because they know why risk it my vehicle when the bus has chains and those drivers have alot more experience with this weather. Just wish more of the teens and the parents around here had the same thoughts.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

EasinG-Gather
Old 12-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Gather - Rick Rack ( so many dress when the kids were small)

I hate icy roads! last year we lost 2 cars to other people driving to fast for the conditions. Rear ended in the same spot both times.! Needless to say we don't turn there any more, and it was only 1 block from the house.