Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-28-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
I received my squishy for Moedeenie when I got back on holiday on Friday. I have pm'd Lori and Moedeenie but wanted to try to get a photograph before I posted on the board and had to wait for my son to do it for me. (I really must work this out for myself!!!)
Anyway a huge thanky you to Maureen for the wonderful package. This is what I got (hope I don't miss anything out)Wonderful craft related tote bag (we have nothing like that over here), knitting pattern book and knitting gauge; Sudoku puzzle book; border patterns;nail file; lots of lovely fabric; thread; tissue holder;and almost forget the sweets (which have been fought over by my son and grandchildren). Once again thank you so much Maureen, a lovely thoughtful package which really brightened my day. Eileen
Cannyquilter, I am so happy you enjoyed your holiday and your squishy! It is such fun putting together our packages for our secret pals! And the international swapping is wonderful as we can share items not available in each others homelands. I received an awesome package myself from your neighbor Tussymussy. I look forward to receiving my July swap partner this weekend!

Tussymussy, I cannot thank you enough for the scissors you sent to me (in addition to all the other wonderful goodies), but these scissors are incredible! And the adorable handmade strawberry scissor fob is so handy to hang on my Lenni to snip the threads while quilting.

A rainy day here, perfect for finishing up the quilting on my Aunt's quilt before she arrives next weekend. Happy Quilting Everyone!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:26 AM

Happy Birthday Sharon!

Still on the bench but Lori told me my squishy was to be mailed yesterday....should get it this week! Have a couple of extra days off from work so hoping to get some sewing done including a special something for my July SP.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by CherylW
Happy Birthday Sharon!

Still on the bench but Lori told me my squishy was to be mailed yesterday....should get it this week! Have a couple of extra days off from work so hoping to get some sewing done including a special something for my July SP.

Have a great day everyone!
What a lovely way to wake up - to yours and a couple other birthday greetings. Thank you. I have to work today, but it will be a good one nevertheless. Happy Tuesday to you, too.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:37 AM

Happy Birthday Sharon!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 AM

Happy Birthday Sharon!!! Wishing you your heart's desire and all the joy you can possibly stand!!! (((Hugs)))
Old 06-28-2011, 06:02 AM

Happy Birthday SharonAnne
Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 AM

I like it! :XD: You had better tell me to be quiet too! :twisted:
Originally Posted by Krystyna
I have a great idea! Why don't we design a new square called the Disappearing Secret Pal. We can do it like a DP9 but use fabrics with people on it and cut off their heads!!!! :roll:

I didn't say that. The evil alter-ego Krystyna said it.

Tell her to be quiet.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
Originally Posted by cannyquilter
I received my squishy for Moedeenie when I got back on holiday on Friday. I have pm'd Lori and Moedeenie but wanted to try to get a photograph before I posted on the board and had to wait for my son to do it for me. (I really must work this out for myself!!!)
Anyway a huge thanky you to Maureen for the wonderful package. This is what I got (hope I don't miss anything out)Wonderful craft related tote bag (we have nothing like that over here), knitting pattern book and knitting gauge; Sudoku puzzle book; border patterns;nail file; lots of lovely fabric; thread; tissue holder;and almost forget the sweets (which have been fought over by my son and grandchildren). Once again thank you so much Maureen, a lovely thoughtful package which really brightened my day. Eileen
Cannyquilter, I am so happy you enjoyed your holiday and your squishy! It is such fun putting together our packages for our secret pals! And the international swapping is wonderful as we can share items not available in each others homelands. I received an awesome package myself from your neighbor Tussymussy. I look forward to receiving my July swap partner this weekend!

Tussymussy, I cannot thank you enough for the scissors you sent to me (in addition to all the other wonderful goodies), but these scissors are incredible! And the adorable handmade strawberry scissor fob is so handy to hang on my Lenni to snip the threads while quilting.

A rainy day here, perfect for finishing up the quilting on my Aunt's quilt before she arrives next weekend. Happy Quilting Everyone!
Maureen I am just so glad that you like them. They were very expensive, but our local dressmaking fabric shop was having a giant 2 day sale to make room for more stock, and, to coin a phrase, they were a snip and so came within my $10 budget.

Had to chuckle about Eileen (cannyquilter) and I being neighbours. We live at opposite ends of the country, she is in the North East and I am in the South West. Its a bit like us Brits saying a New Yorker is neighbour to a Californian!

Our actual distances are smaller than yours, but moving around our small island is hectic as there are far too many cars and not enough road space.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday Sharon.Hope it's a great one and you get your swap today.Sue and Krystyna your starting to scare me. Mary
Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 AM

Happy Birthday Sharon Hope you have a great one and that you get you SP today.