Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-15-2011, 05:34 PM

I agree with Dianne, I think that if the receiptant does not message her, they will not be allowed to play next month (at least I hope that is what she means because it is all we have control of)
Old 06-15-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
here is my package from hoppa
Glad you like your pkg.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM

I love it, thank you. The twizzlers didnt last long tho. LOL
Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

fidgety- I love the old book of patterns. I also seen a very cute sewing case from someone.So many great swaps came in today. Yeah everybody. Lori your keeping a tight rein on the swap and the ones that play fair are loving it.Keep up the good work.Annt59 what very cute bright pot holders. the fabric is very cute. Everyone is doing great. Mary
Old 06-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I bet I get 4 pms a day from the person who sent the package to tell me that their sp got the package. If the person who received it doesn't let me know it does not count and they will not be included for July.
If the reciever doesn't follow through the sender is punished? Did I read that right?
No .....for example, if Sue sends a sp gift to Pam, and then Sue sends me a pm telling me that Pam got the package and Pam does NOT pm me then I will contact Sue to make sure she sent it and then PAM will not be able to join next month. Does that help?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

I bet I get 4 pms a day from the person who sent the package to tell me that their sp got the package. If the person who received it doesn't let me know it does not count and they will not be included for July.
If the reciever doesn't follow through the sender is punished? Did I read that right?
No .....for example, if Sue sends a sp gift to Pam, and then Sue sends me a pm telling me that Pam got the package and Pam does NOT pm me then I will contact Sue to make sure she sent it and then PAM will not be able to join next month. Does that help?
Who's this pam broad and why ain't she playing fair?lol. Good job explaining Lori. Mary
Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I think she means that if the person who got the package does not PM her than he/she will not be included for July..I believe that we need to PM Lori when we send a package and, when we get a package..
You do not need to pm me when you send off package, but if you do send me the information then I will post that yours is mailed.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by selfhunter
My secrect pal should receive her package if not today then tomorrow. Here are the tracking results

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, June 15, 2011, 2:29 am, CHARLOTTE, NC 28228
Processed through Sort Facility, June 13, 2011, 10:41 pm, CHAMPAIGN, IL 61821
Acceptance, June 13, 2011, 10:11 am, BEARDSTOWN, IL 62618
OH>> OH> OH!! This could be mine??? Jumping up and down raising hand??
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 PM

The person who sent my gift was upset that I didn't post a thank you right away. Normally I wouldn't say anything but considering this is causing some really hurt feelings, I would like to appologize to her.

Krystyna: I am very sorry. I received your package on the 13th after my daughter went to the post office to retrieve the package. I will post pictures of your wonderful box as soon as my camera returns from a trip to Bear Lake with one of my children.

Perhaps some of the criticizm needs to be tempered with some facts. I am blind. Yes, with lots of help and technology I can still enjoy sewing and quilting. I've learned to crochet and knit by touch and can interpret patterns with the help of a closed circuit tv. Everything has to be magnified and modified so I can do things without using my eyes.

I have 2 closed circuit tv screens. One has been modified so I can use my rotory cutter on the base. The other is stationed so I can see instructions/drawings as I listen to the instructions being read by an electronic voice. I have a big magnifier that is attached to a special lamp that allows me to quilt by hand. You would be amazed at how 'independent' a person can be with the help of technology.

However, I can't drive. Even if I know there is a package at the post office, I can't go get it myself. The post office won't deliver it, even if they know I am here. I have to wait for someone who has time and the gas, to go get things for me. If I can't purchase things on line, I have to do without until someone will go to the store or post office for me.

Please accept my appology. I love all the wonderful gifts you sent. I'll have my daughter take pictures as soon as the camera returns to the house on Sunday. Thank you, thank you , thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM

I want to state right now that Gwyn has not been the only one to not send out pm. She did send a pm but late. There are others who have not let me know that they received at all.