Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 AM

My SP got her pkg and sent a PM to thank me. She was very happy with everything she got.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Bring me some because I have it also. Including a fever for seven days now, sore throat and ear ache.
Okay-I'll bring soup & tea for all!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Wow alot has happened today! I came home from the fair and had 18 messages!! I have to brag alittle bit. This is the first time I have ever entered anything into the fair, well it is the first time I have ever had anything I made judged. I entered a baby quilt, it was tied because I don't know how to quilt. 2 bow tuck purses and 2 hand embroidered tea towels. I got 1st place on the baby quilt, 1st place on one purse and 2nd place on the other one, also 1st place on one tea towel and 2nd on the other!!! Can you believe it? I was shocked! Then my friend's granddaughter was with us and wanted to play the ring toss game, $5 for 50 rings she tried and tried and couldn't do it I tried several times and nothing so just flipped it and won!!! What a night!

Are you telling us that your folded dahlia pillow didn't win anything?
Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 AM

My SP's pkg hasn't been scanned since it left the state so I have no idea where it is except that it's out there. Somewhere.

Congrats on your wins Lori, that's wonderful!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Wow alot has happened today! I came home from the fair and had 18 messages!! I have to brag alittle bit. This is the first time I have ever entered anything into the fair, well it is the first time I have ever had anything I made judged. I entered a baby quilt, it was tied because I don't know how to quilt. 2 bow tuck purses and 2 hand embroidered tea towels. I got 1st place on the baby quilt, 1st place on one purse and 2nd place on the other one, also 1st place on one tea towel and 2nd on the other!!! Can you believe it? I was shocked! Then my friend's granddaughter was with us and wanted to play the ring toss game, $5 for 50 rings she tried and tried and couldn't do it I tried several times and nothing so just flipped it and won!!! What a night!
Lori, that's sew wonderful. Congratulations. Don't you just love the kind of day when all is right with the world? Can you share some photos in your free time - I'm sure we would all love to see your winners!! Thanks.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:22 AM

Congratulations Lori! Yes, please share photos!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:36 AM

I just checked my tracking number for my parcel I sent and it is stating this....."Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient"

Not sure what this means but I just doublechecked the address I sent the parcel too and what was sent to me in the messages for my secret pal and they are the same. ....
Old 06-17-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
I just checked my tracking number for my parcel I sent and it is stating this....."Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient"

Not sure what this means but I just doublechecked the address I sent the parcel too and what was sent to me in the messages for my secret pal and they are the same. ....
I have been checking everyones clues...thought aha, maybe I had a vacant moment when filling out my form but my info was correct...guess it's not me...or possibly just a new postal carrier who is not familiar with my address...hopeful!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:40 AM

Yesterday seemed to be a good day for a lot of us! Congratulations Lori-that is so exciting to win! You wait so long to find out and then . . . there it is and to win more than one ribbon!! Way to go! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was the happy one yesterday! I received the most WOW package from Sustraey! I was kept in suspense until I could park and open my package and when I did - WOW is all I could say! I literally sat there and stared at my beautiful package! First was an awesome hot pad that greeted me first. Then when I started to look deeper there was more beautiful fabric with wine bottles so I can make a mug rug now!! Beautiful batiks I could use for the back. There was such a pleasant fragrance in my package. Although she had it in a plastic bag there was the softest aroma from my hand lotion, hand sanitizer and my cute fish soaps!

I feel like sustraley really new me-the fragrance she chose is the one I always buy (my favorite), the beautiful notepad is the colors of my sewing area and with one of my favorite flowers on it and she didn't have a clue! The cutest pins, thread, and Jolly Ranchers will all be put to good use!! She had attached to my note the cutest clips for marking pages. I have to find more of these much nicer than sticky notes to mark pages! My package was so nice and I am extremely touched by her thoughtfulness! Thank you so much Sustraley I'm going to enjoy everything in my gift!

June Swap from Sustraley
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212748[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212742.jpe  
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM

Wow I've been gone to SC for a few days and the amazing goodies I see, had so much to browse through today! Not to mention 346 hotmail messages in my account :( ! I'll be on the bench with you ladies this time!