Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Swap Hosts

So relieved that it arrived! Enjoy!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 AM

Came home from Weight Watchers and on my front porch was a wonderful package from my June Angel, Jackie CAgirl 1. She really packed that box and hit the things that I like and listed.

There were 14 pieces of material; purples, yellows, and floral, set of three needle threaders, Recipe cards, the cutest embroidery siscors, quilting thread, a journal, Food Magazine, a Quilt Mystery book, sugar free Life Savors and Werthners Origonal candies. She really went above and beyond,\. Thank you so much.

I will post pics and then go to PM her and Lori.

Thanks again,

Linda
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219007.jpe   attachment-219008.jpe  
Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by newquilter10
Came home from Weight Watchers and on my front porch was a wonderful package from my June Angel, Jackie CAgirl 1. She really packed that box and hit the things that I like and listed.

There were 14 pieces of material; purples, yellows, and floral, set of three needle threaders, Recipe cards, the cutest embroidery siscors, quilting thread, a journal, Food Magazine, a Quilt Mystery book, sugar free Life Savors and Werthners Origonal candies. She really went above and beyond,\. Thank you so much.

I will post pics and then go to PM her and Lori.

Awesome package from CAgirl!!

Thanks again,

Linda
Old 06-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Any ideas on a fast quilt pattern that I can get done in four days?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Wow look at all the pretty flowered fabric and some purples too. Someone in Berthoud,Co. recieved her squishie at 12:36 today. Yeah.Mary
Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 PM

Thank you everyone for wishing us a happy anniversary. I am still sitting on the bench for June. No package came today. Maybe, I will get one of those nice packages waiting to be sent from Canada. July will be here and then I will not know if it is from my June Sp or my July Sp. :?:
Old 06-30-2011, 02:32 PM

Life is full of interruptions. I had to help drain our above
ground pool because we had Niagara Falls in the back yard.

Anyway.......
I have been so busy getting ready for my daughter's visit, that the time just slipped by me today. I when to carry the trash out and low and behold, there sat this big Priority mail box addressed to Moi.

I was literally stunned by all the beautiful things that my Angel, Stash Queen, sent me. I certainly did not expect such a wonderful firmey. I kept pulling thing out until my lap was overflowing. My granddaughter kept laughing at me because I kept saying "I love this" over and over.

Thank you so much for being the angel you are. I did not realize the swap had angels until someone mentioned it in the posts. You really are a special person and you really made my day. I especially love the beautiful wall hanging and the batiks. I have never heard of Thread Heaven or seen tweezers like you sent. The fabrics were awesome and I haven't read the book. I cannot wait to look through the magazines or try the ruler. Everything was so special to me. You even remembered that I am a Soldiers Angel.

There was a John Grisham book, 4 quilt magazines, wall hanging, arc ruler, 13 fabulous pieces of fabric, Interfacing, binding roller (yea!), 5 spools of sulky thread, decorative and applique pins, sunscreen, Pink safety pins and tape measure in honor or Stash Queen's mom.
Patriotic windsock, napkins, Swarovski crystal star, a precious pin cushion box, handy tote, tweezers with a pull hook. I've never see tweezers like these.

I am one happy beginning quilter.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-219080.jpe  
Old 06-30-2011, 02:37 PM

I'm sitting on the bench too, I know from Lori that my partner sent on June 16th, but nothing. The postal gremlins got it.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 PM

I can't wait for the July swap. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM

:lol: Mary it was a roll of candy, depending on the heat they can be like gummy bears. But I find gummy bears soft in comparison to wine gums. Sometimes they can be so hard that they make your teeth ache from all the chewing. That's why I told you to stick with the brandy........ that reminds me, when I was a kid the big bags of wine gums had the name of which drink they were supposed to be like (and they don't taste like it!) was on top of them.

I remember brandy, sherry and port. Then the poor old memory fails.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Happy Anniversary!!!! May you have many many more years of love and happiness.Aurora-what beautiful fabrics you recieved.Quilting Aggi- Wine gum is candy??? Thought it was a chewing gum.Then I thought no,you don't send that to a secret pal.It must be like gummy bears or gumdrops.Everyone have a happy day. Mary