Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dates Changed - 10.5" Layer Cake Squares Swap

Redstilettos I will get my sets sent off tomorrow.

Marietta, I like those--especially the ones in the second picture.

I'll mail mine tomorrow as well. We're supposed to get 5+ inches of snow on Wednesday, so I definitely want to be ahead of that.

I had everyone all dressed and ready to head to the post office, then my son fell asleep. Darn 6 month old! I'll let him catch some zzz's then go get this package mailed

dieldoffaisies, ship him to me along with your fabric! I'd love to snuggle with a new baby

Here I was all proud of myself for getting my layer cakes cut and organized early and my ziploc bags bought early. Well, surprise surprise when I went to open my new box of 1 gallon ziploc bags and they were huge! Turns out I grabbed the 2 gallon ones ny mistake! So much for early preparedness.

Donít worry, though. I will take care of everything tomorrow before the PO closes. Iím just a bit miffed at myself is all.

LOL...better too big than too small, hey, zozee?

Talking about miffed...I was cutting my squares, just finished trimming the one pile, and realized I trimmed the one side too short. I thought...Hm, Chris,.....that doesn't even look square. Nope. 10.5x 9.5 Gotta love trying to get a jump start on getting things done. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
    LOL...better too big than too small, hey, zozee?

Talking about miffed...I was cutting my squares, just finished trimming the one pile, and realized I trimmed the one side too short. I thought...Hm, Chris,.....that doesn't even look square. Nope. 10.5x 9.5 Gotta love trying to get a jump start on getting things done. Ugh!

You gave me a chuckle. ďHm, Chris. that doesnít even look square.Ē 🤣. Ya think maybe your brain was too wind-chilled?

I mailed my pkg to you today. Should arrive Thursday.

We all still here ?? lol Hope everyone is doing well in this crazy weather

Holy cow. Let me say the retirement has made me completely lose track of dates. I can't believe today is 2/22!

Had fabrics pulled out a week ago, just never went to PO. Will do that this morning.

What was decided about bags? The ones I have are a bit shy of 10.5". Are there ones that really do fit so that these squares will lay flat? I can stop on the way to the PO and get new ones if anyone found some that work better.

Will send 2 day so you should receive them Monday! And if there is another swap, I'll be paying closer attention to the calendar.

Robin

Blog Entries
    Red, my swap is finished and DH says he will go to the P.O. when it opens. Will PM the tracking# when I get it.
    Thank you for hosting this swap. You are a great hostess.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Hi ladies,

So far I have also received packages from:

Allison in IL
    Flannery in OR
    Zoanna in MD
    and Queenbarbie

We're getting there!!!!

So far I am getting packages in all shapes and sizes, so do what you need to get them here with the least amount of squishing

Hope that helps.

As for the weather, we were right behind a 100 car pile up on Hwy. 41 in Wisconsin yesterday. Fatalities and huge amounts of messes. Was terrible. But we made it home okay. Of course, the dogs slept in the back seat no more the wiser. I want to come back in my second life as a loved pet. They have it made!

I'm disappointed mine haven't arrived yet, PO told me they should be delivered today. But with the crazy weather everywhere, I can't say I am surprised. Better to have people safe. We've had unbelievable winds for the last two days; schools were all closed today, much to the joy of the kids and teachers, lol.

Glad you avoided the accident and got home safely.

Wow, Chris! When I read your post, I looked up the 100 car pileup. Oh dearóthe whiteout conditions are just terrible! Glad you were safe. Canít imagine the fear if being trapped in the pileup and freezing temps. Those first responders had their hands full!

Yes, to be a loved pet sleeping oblivious to the turmoil of human lifeó-pure bliss!

Youíve only received 4 of the groupís packages so far?

Sunrise and PeaceJoy i have received yours now, too.

Peace, yours came in a clear bag saying it was damaged. I don't see any damage to the outside of the envelope, so ...I am pretty sure it's all good

zozee: yes, was insane! That kind of thing is exactly why we carry blankets, bottles of water, and some dry snacks in the car. Juuuust in case
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-26-2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

I should probably do an all inclusive list. I have received packages from:

Zozee
    Queenbarbie
    PeacenJoy
    Sunrise
    Moonrise
    Batik54
    Marietta
    dieldorfdaisy
    kwyltaholic

I'm waiting on one, and their tracking said here by Weds. I will try to get them out in 1-2 days (weather permitting....we are expecting Another 9" tonight.....sigh....I need color....am tired of white!)

Red, you can always put on a pair of rosy color shades. That will give you some color!!

Phew, glad they arrived. If you find any problems, please let me know. Was the postage inside the bag? I will resend that if not.

peace, I never open the packages until I am ready for redistribution. That assures me nothing inadvertently got misplaced or lost somewhere.

I'm sure it will be fine, but I will let you know if something comes up.

Soon, ladies! Really soon!!!

Okay, everyone, I opened up all the packages and did the redistribution last night. They will go into the post office tomorrow (am snowed in today). The options were lovely and I think people will be pleased with what they receive back.

I will be leaving feedback by Sunday, so if you don't see one from me, please, please PM me. I don't want to forget anyone.

Would "Flannery" from OR, whomever you are here on the board, please contact me? There was a glitch with your package.
    Thanks!!

Hi Redstilettos,
    I sent you a pm.
    Linda ^i^

Okay, folks. Sorry for the delay in posting. We didn't have power yesterday. Thank goodness for a prepared hubby. We ran the furnace of a kobbled together generator running off hubby's lawn tractor. He is a good MacGyver! With windchills below zero yesterday we needed it!

I mailed everyone's packages on Saturday, so you should be receiving them soon! What a great way to beat the winter blues than to run through new and fun fabrics. So many new ones I have never seen before. That's the great thing about these swaps

I promised to have feedback by yesterday, but I'm begging for mercy and promise to get to it after work tonight. I'm good for it I promise!

I got mine today! What fun! Iíll post pictures and reveal which 6 membersí goidies ended up with me!

And Iíd love to know who got mine!

zozee, you got yours already? WOW~ That's service~! The post office didn't open until 8:30, and I was there at 8:15. Waiting. She was still unlocking her window when I started pulling all the packages out of the bag. LOL

I should have taken a picture of mine. That's a good idea. I won't be able to do that until Friday, when I get back up to the cabin where my sewing stuff is. I'm pretty certain I got one of Zo's though....

According to usps my pacakage is out for delivery. It should be waiting for me when I get home. It feels like Christmas. Between the 9 patch swap I did, The layer cake swap, and buying fabric online It has been a wonderful and fun weekend.

Received my package today also !! Can't wait to open and go thru them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast