Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed >

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Old 09-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
you could certainly do E9 but i would wait to see if bears wants I1 just because E9 is applique and making 18 of them will take a long time.

bears is on the board every day so we'll know by tomorrow if she want I1, if not its yours.
E9 is applique?? I had to look because I'm not that good at applique at all.. E9 is Quilt Jail and I can do that easily.. I think. *L*

and if bears doesn't want to do I1, I can do that too..

so put me down for E9
Old 09-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tuesy
you could certainly do E9 but i would wait to see if bears wants I1 just because E9 is applique and making 18 of them will take a long time.

bears is on the board every day so we'll know by tomorrow if she want I1, if not its yours.
E9 is applique?? I had to look because I'm not that good at applique at all.. E9 is Quilt Jail and I can do that easily.. I think. *L*

so put me down for E9
E10, is the applique - glad we cleared that up.

i can put you down for both but that will have you at 5 sets, which is fine but you'll end up with duplicates of some blocks - even at 4 sets you'll get a few duplicates.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy

so put me down for E9
E10, is the applique - glad we cleared that up.

i can put you down for both but that will have you at 5 sets, which is fine but you'll end up with duplicates of some blocks - even at 4 sets you'll get a few duplicates.

I'm glad too, because I don't do applique unless it's with my embroidery machine. I need alot more practice with it.

Ooh, I didn't think about that, just thought about making another. They are a little addictive. I'll follow bears lead and let someone else do the I9...but I'll do the E9 for sure.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Banned

ok, i'll put you down for E9.

send me your email address if you need me to send you the pattern. stupidly, i didn't keep email addresses.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Thanks KLue.. I'm good! I cheated and bought the software a few weeks back.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

i love the software, i just don't understand why people won't buy it when they plan on making the quilt.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:34 PM

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem (not a big one) or not. I keep up with this thread by responding to the following email:

You received this email because the topic "Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - STILL OPEN TO JOIN" has received answer since your last visit.
You may use the following URL to read the messages. You will not get additional notifications until you read the topic.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...31.page#512387

If you no longer want to receive notifications for this topic, please access this URL

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/unwatch/23731.page

I always click the first one but after awhile I stop getting the emails and I have to go back to see what I missed. Because I'm posting I will recieve the responses but after a couple of days I stop getting this message. I thought as long as you clicked on the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...31.page#512387
you continue to get posts. Is there a limit to how many you recevie without posting again. This post is getting long and more interesting with each post, I don't want to miss anything.

It says: You will not get additional notifications until you read the topic. It doesn't say you have post every so often. Hope this makes sense.

Oh, keep the blocks coming, I love to see them. I almost have my done. I'm thinking about doing another but I would like to get a few things out of the way before we start the quilt in Jan. I'm still learning to quilt and would like to quilt one of my tops before the year ends.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

i had that problem in the beginning when i first started coming to this board.

it turned out that some of the emails ended up in my spam folder and since i never saw them or went back to the thread i didn't get any more emails.

but now none of the emails go into my spam so i don't have that problem any more.

i do visit the forum every day though, even if its just for 5-10 minutes to see whats going on.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:54 PM

I go on the board everyday as well, if I didn't I would miss alot on the thread. I don't have a spam filter. As long as I keep my sons off my computer I have pretty good control on my email. I don't sign up for things, and I don't request updates from sites, except a couple of fabric sites. I used to be on a lot of embroidery sites but canceled them all, they wanted to know why and I said, the tempation was too great and if I don't see it I won't want it or buy it. Klue have you got any good sites I might look at for the indigo/deep blue fabric. Whittles has one I'm looking at but still not sure.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Banned

not really, its hard to find nice indigo fabric.

the stuff i'm using is japanese indigos that i've collected over the last 3 years.

i haven't seen any sites that have it for a reasonable price.

equilter and shiboridragon both have some but its about $9 a yard.

i did buy some kona cotton indigo solid for the triangles and the color is a perfect match to the japanese indigo.