Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaj11 View Post
    well both my sp should have there boxes today zips total12 and the other19, they are both out for delievery....Yea!!!!!
    Well, it's not me even tho my zip = 12 but no delivery today.

Blog Entries
    well both my sp should have there boxes today zips total12 and the other19, they are both out for delievery....Yea!!!!!
    I add up to 19... and it was me! Super awesome box! My son has already claimed the candy (big surprise) but the fabric he's leaving for me.

Thank you for a super duper awesome box!!!
    Mischief Managed.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Got a pic of all your goodies MamaHauser? We want to see....

my sp likes choc is that a good hint ?

Next clue for my SP: You may not be brave when you move to this state but you will probably turn into being brave.
    hmmmm.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

I was the lucky recepient of package that went to zip totaling 12....will post photo tomorrow when I get some batteries.Thank you again Mrs AJ 11
    Vicki W

Blog Entries
    free at last, I am free at last! They let me out of the hospital! The Dr came in and told me that she wanted to keep me one more day because they discovered I have diabetis (sp) and wanted to gve me new medicine and make sureno reaction, I started crying, the woamn Dr patted my leg and said it wasn't all that bad and with daily testing and new medicine I would be fine, I was really crying then and explained that EVERYONE in my family has diabetis and I had known it was always when I would get it and that the reason I was crying was because I wanted to go HOOOME! I have been on serious steriords for 7 days now and I was sobbing. My apt looks like the Grinch lives there no christmas cards, no presents, no homemade carmel corn or fudge . My friends Dorothy has been here since Tuesday and it was something that we get together each year and do and I here I was in the hospital missing out on all of the fun. I just couldn't stop crying so she said it was nothing to get so worked up about and took pity and let me go to Marty's. Dorothy is 75 and has worked so hard all week so I got busy and made peanutbutter fudge and carmelcorn and will make more to mail to my kids next week.

Lori, I am so glad that you are home, take it easy, we want you to stay out of the hospital.
    Vicki W

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki W View Post
    Lori, I am so glad that you are home, take it easy, we want you to stay out of the hospital.
    Me too! After a respiration treatment i couldn't go back to sleep and took a walk with oxgyen tank in tow and took a wrong turn and got lost ..........had to have a nurse from the west side escourt me back to my room at 4am..

Blog Entries
    Please be sure to send me a pm when you mail yours off and when you get yours!

WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS YOUR HOSTESS HAD GETTING THIS SWAP OUT I AM LETTING THE DEADLINE GO FOR THIS SWAP ONLY, SOME OF YOU ONLY GOT YOUR NAMES YESTERDAY OR THIS MORNING AND THAT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. HAVING SAID THAT I DO NEED THE PRIVATE MESSAGES SO I CAN TRY TO SAVE THIS CAR WRECK!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Lori, So glad to hear that you are home. Don't overdo it, trying to make up for lost time. friends and family are the most important things at Christmas. And having you well is a very high priority!
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

Blog Entries
    Lori, I'm so glad you were able to get out of that dang hospital and that you are on the mend. Please take it easy and try not to stress over the swap. I hope everything will work out okay. Take care.

Blog Entries
    Pictures for my swap partner who doesn't know who she is, but I do!!

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  121.9 KB

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  198.3 KB

This one is just the fabric, I'm making something cute with this fabric. It was hard for me to cut this I love it so much.

Name:  005.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  81.1 KB

Blog Entries
    mine was mailed yesterday, going to state below me....LOL
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Lori so glad to hear you are home! Don't overdo it! Get the necessary rest you need, in other words listen to your body! However I would have to say your baking sounds delicious!

On another note, I'm going to do some shopping for my sp today. I'll be spending the weekend homebound and sewing. Everyone here at home has been warned NOT to bother me unless they are profusely bleeding (minor cuts do not count). So off I go for my SP!

Lori
    so glad you are feeling better and out of the hospital.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Lori so very glad you are home! Have fun but don't overdo it!

Well, I finally got all my decorating done, what with Dr. appt. for FIL and 2 days of GKids, (not that I'm complaining) and a week in Ohio (certainly not complaining) but I was so far behind. LOL! Feel better now that its done and I even finished 1 quilt and am ready to pin and quilt another, with too many to count to go! LOL!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Blog Entries
    Oh my Lori, I am so glad they let you go home or to Marty's. Take it easy so you won't have a relapse!!!! Doing the swap is tons of fun but not earth shattering for sure...your health is so much more important! I am so sorry to hear about the diabetes along with COPD and heart problems...that is a lot to handle for just one woman. Toughts are with you and am praying for your continuing recovery.

LindaR is that my package you mailed? Annthreecats, I love the look of the pictures...maybe that is coming my way?

My SP lives way up North and hopefully the package is getting closer! Take care everyone. I have to check on Mom today she has swollen ankles and we don't know why. Her doctor will go visit her today. I am sort of worried it may be her heart. I hate that she is having so many problems lately.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Wow - I haven't logged in for a couple of days and had a dozen pages to get through.
    Just looking for clues as to might have my name - hmmmmm

Lori - glad you are out of the hospital; sorry about the diabetes prognoses; carmel corn sounds yummy.

Annthreecats - love the fabrics
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Got a pic of all your goodies MamaHauser? We want to see....
    Name:  2012-12-08_09-46-54_724.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  1.40 MB

Here it is!
    Mischief Managed.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe I missed this months sign up. Been so busy, I just today looked at the thread. So sorry to hear that you have been sick, Lori. Prayers and best wishes to you. I have not had time to read but a page or two, and prob wont for a couple of days. I sure miss not being in the swap this month, having withdrawl, so you can be sure I won't miss January!!! Take care all.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Well SP, today I wrote your note and printed the postage to be sent off Monday so I can pack it up tomorrow at my leisure.

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about your diabetes, but glad you did get to go home. Some doctors "get it" more then others, sounds like yours did. I hope you get to spend some quality time with your friends. It'll cheer you up a bunch, I bet.

Blog Entries
    Nice little bags MamaHauser! I made one of those coffee mug organizers, have one sitting beside my machine and just love it. Those florals squares look like they could be a nice project.

Lori, glad to hear you're out of the hospital and home - and keep the activities to a minimum and you're mending!! Don't overdo it. All of us on this swap realize what you're trying to do and have been planning our boxes since sign up day, so no reason really to miss the deadlines. We'll all remember to send our PMs to you (won't we ladies??) Take a deep breath or two and 'chill'.
    Jaba, went back and looked at MamaHauser's pictures - what's a coffee mug organizer? Nothing in the picture remotely looked like it might fit that description....I'm dense....
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    See that little thing sitting on the bags, under all those little pockets is a coffee mug that it sits into. You sew the little compartments inside and out. then put it over the coffee mug and tied it to the handle. I have my stilleto, pens, 6" ruler, etc. all in there and they stay in 1 little spot ready to grab when I need them.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast