Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Blog Entries
    Stacey, I am so glad your package arrived before Christmas...I was sweating that since it was packed full of snowmen and Christmas fabric! It was such a fun package to put together and I am glad you liked my "homemade" things. I was on a roll for sure...at least for me! Merriest Christmas to everyone.

Lori I like the sound of taking the train. I keep thinking I will do that next time I go back to NJ! Please be well.

Yea, My package arrived in Canada. I wanted it there for Christmas since it was full of snowmen! Now I just sit and wait to see if mine gets here soon...so exciting to wait for the postman!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Oh still waiting on my package. Sure hope it comes by Thursday. We are leaving Friday morning to have Christmas with the kids and grandkids.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Quote Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
    Oh still waiting on my package.
    Me too, Verna

Blog Entries
    YAY! Heard from my SP yesterday.... still waiting for my box to arrive! this is what I have been working on while waiting for my box! Here you go!

1 tube sock
    1/2 c of rice
    poly fiber fill
    twist tie or 1/2in ribbon
    pom for hat
    googlie eyes
    puff paint for the nose
    thin black marker
    buttons
    floral wire
    hot glue gun and glue
    fabric of your choice..
    1. fill the bottom of the sock with rice
    2. Stuff the poly fiber fill on top of the rice to make the body
    3. tie off so you can make the head
    4. take more poly fiber fill to make the head.
    5. Tie it off again this will be your head
    6. fold top of the sock down around the head
    7. hot glue the pom into the center of the folded sock
    8. cut a 2 1/2 in strip 30 in long. fold in half and sew make a tube so you can turn it right side out
    9. iron the tube.
    10.take the tube with the finished end and place it around the head of the snowman.
    11. Cut the tube make sure you have a little to tuck under the finished end
    12. hot glue all the way around the bottom (cuff of sock) start with the cut end and place fabric around the hat.
    13. hot glue the finished edge down you want to cover the cut edge.
    14. the rest of the tube will be your scarf. cut it to the length you want after you tie it.
    15. cut out mittens, I used applique heat n bond to the back of the gloves you will need to cut out 4 of the gloves for the front and back
    16. place the floral wire on one side of the glove with the adhesive on it...place the other on top and iron. repeat for the other glove
    17. remove the scarf and wrap floral wire around the neck of the snow man a couple of times . I used a pencil to get the curly in the wire. Just wrap it around it.
    18. hot glue the bottons on the body
    19. Put the face on your snowman, the puffy paint will take about an hour to dry, while it is drying I lay them on their back.
    20. re tie the scarf around the neck...

And it is complete!
    Let me know if you have any questions!
    Susan

Blog Entries
    this is what was supposed to be posted... http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...y-t208601.html

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
    How cute and clever of you to sew on some buttons. What kind of shop do you have?
    Sewing and Alterations, I never run out of work. That's good and bad LOL. The building in my avatar is where I have my little quilting shop where my DIL and I quilt. It used to be my alterations shop.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
    Janice - - -

So glad you like your goodies. Also happy to see you 'decorated' the tree!! Looks great.

Merry Christmas - - -

Jane
    I didn't have a dowel at the time and I wanted to hang it so I tied it with ribbons for now until I get one.
    Merry Christmas to you and all the board members !!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
    this is what was supposed to be posted... http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...y-t208601.html
    Those are adorable! I never would have thought about those!

I just received my package, from Japan. It didn't include a screen name so hopefully you see this. I received a fantastic package full of goodies. Fruit snacks (hiding those just for me), chocolates (again hiding), for my furbabies a bag of treats, kamille hand cream, a Japanese calendar tea towel, a Christmas panel in a very pretty blue, 5 cuts of Christmas fabric, 3 fat quarters that are just my style and colors, needles, and a most beautiful needle case to add to my collection. For a first attempt at making a case you did a fantastic job! It is so well done and I love the colors.
    Name:  IMG_0363.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  911.4 KB

It's me! I thought I put my screen name on the label, but maybe not! I am so glad you like the needle case! It was fun, but a little scary, as it was uncharted territory!

Gaijin

I love them Ann Thank you so much for the lovely mug rugs and wristlet will get lots of use.

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Pictures for my swap partner who doesn't know who she is, but I do!!

Attachment 380824

Attachment 380825

This one is just the fabric, I'm making something cute with this fabric. It was hard for me to cut this I love it so much.

Attachment 380826
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Checking delivery confirmation site, it states that my SP package was delivered around 9:00 a.m. this morning in the big state of TEXAS. I do hope my SP liked the items in her package. It was a lot of fun putting it together.

Yes I got all the lovelies that allthreecats have been showing off. The knitted hat came at the perfect time as it is cold and rainy here. And also got some patterns and a full kit of batiks for a table runner. A pin cushion filled with emery sand, Pretty fabric. The festive mug rugs will get good use this season.
    My Nephew said it was Christmas for me JTHANK YOU Ann
    Name:  SDC12145.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  423.0 KB
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
    Yes I got all the lovelies that allthreecats have been showing off. The knitted hat came at the perfect time as it is cold and rainy here. And also got some patterns and a full kit of batiks for a table runner. A pin cushion filled with emery sand, Pretty fabric. The festive mug rugs will get good use this season.
    My Nephew said it was Christmas for me JTHANK YOU Ann
    Name:  SDC12145.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  423.0 KB
    You are so welcome. Enjoy. Merry Christmas!!

Blog Entries
    Received my Package from Cannyquilter aka Eileen from England today, imagine my surprise at getting a package from England.. Some yummy candy, teas cocoa, buttons material and a really pretty Springtime piece of yardage that may get made into a Wall hanging.. or several, we will see... A tote with directions on ways it can be decorated... Will post a picture tomorrow... Eileen thanks ever so much just loved my package...

Rosemary
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Blog Entries
    Attachment 382763Yippee! I got my Sp package today from Nelda (Nelco). And, boy what a package! There was a magazine, bobbin thingies, hand cream, compact mirror, 3 beautiful FQs, knitted pot holder, Xmas towel Nelda made, color-your-own mug, hand sanitizer, pen, emery boards, a book, a cute spool of cupcake ribbon, a fold up shopping bag, a note pad, a box of tea, a large can of cocoa ( yum!), a cute RX Quilter's Survival pack of M&Ms, a beaded stiletto,and, a bag of my favorite Reese's PB cup minis! Now, lets see if my up-side- down photo posts right side up!! Then, if you all will excuse me, I have a bag of Reese's to tuck into!!! Thanks so much Nelda!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eureka. After nearly a week, I'm finally able to get my leg into my car and drive without passing out. I can bend my leg about 60 degrees now, but still have to baby it when moving it side to side. Still, I'm ecstatic at the improvement. Once I'm done on the computer, I plan to elevate it for the rest of the evening to get the swelling down.

That said, I was able to drive to the Post Office today, and my SP from the mid-Atlantic coast should receive her package on Wed. Sorry it's late getting out, but at least it should be there before Christmas. Hint - Fassett.

Love all the packages. Very nice things everyone is receiving.
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
    Checking delivery confirmation site, it states that my SP package was delivered around 9:00 a.m. this morning in the big state of TEXAS. I do hope my SP liked the items in her package. It was a lot of fun putting it together.
    well believe me, it didn't come to this address in TEXAS......
    Brenda

Happy you like all of the goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill View Post
    Attachment 382763Yippee! I got my Sp package today from Nelda (Nelco). And, boy what a package! There was a magazine, bobbin thingies, hand cream, compact mirror, 3 beautiful FQs, knitted pot holder, Xmas towel Nelda made, color-your-own mug, hand sanitizer, pen, emery boards, a book, a cute spool of cupcake ribbon, a fold up shopping bag, a note pad, a box of tea, a large can of cocoa ( yum!), a cute RX Quilter's Survival pack of M&Ms, a beaded stiletto,and, a bag of my favorite Reese's PB cup minis! Now, lets see if my up-side- down photo posts right side up!! Then, if you all will excuse me, I have a bag of Reese's to tuck into!!! Thanks so much Nelda!!
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Well as of today I have not recieved either SP packages, I got in two this month, Because not a good time of year for me, and really look forward to mail delievery. My mail comes late around here, so I've got another 12 hour wait for todays mail............waiting.......

Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post

That said, I was able to drive to the Post Office today, and my SP from the mid-Atlantic coast should receive her package on Wed. Sorry it's late getting out, but at least it should be there before Christmas. Hint - Fassett.
    Ohhhhh SharonAnne, I'm in the mid-Atlantic, is it me??!!! And I wanted fabric whether it's Fassett or not!

Which song?
    Hey, Mr. Postman, look and see,
    If there's a package, a package for me......
    or
    An-ti-ci-pation...

Blog Entries
    I received my package from "catpawski" and had a great time opening it....thanks Sandy...I love everything...the scissors and holder are great, will enjoy the "Payday" my favorite, the bird charm will be great on a silver chain, so cute, love the fabric, so bright....love it all....showing a picture of the stylus...really different, never saw one like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired and living in NE Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by lac5387 View Post
    mailed my sp package today heading south of me. Hope she likes it 4ever.
    ooh ooh that's gotta be me...quiltnut4ever!

To my SP mailing off your package today. Lori don't worry will send you pm once its mailed!

SharonAnne, glad to know your're getting better with the knees and getting the rest you need!

Lori, sounds as if you're getting a bit better, take it easy before you go on your trip!

Quilty-Louise, aren't those Kuerigs great?! I have one and though I don't drink coffee my boyfriend does but I do buy the hot chocolate kcups (not starbucks though, they don't carry it ).

Everyone have a great day. We just had our christmas breakfast here for staff meeting and it was great! I'm looking forward to being off all of next week and won't come back to work till the 2nd of Jan. Going to catch up on my sewing and embroidery that's for sure!

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast