Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST >

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM

I have been looking at the Ottlite Craft Caddy Lamp for some time now. Joannes has them ranging from 59.99 to 79.99 depending on sale you hit. Other places have same lamp for a little less but still a good chunk of change. So, I have just been waiting till the right sale.

Today I went to sewing group and one of the ladies there walks in with four of them still in box. One of the other ladies said she has two. They found them on sale for such a good price they picked up extras and asked if any of us would like them. Well since I already knew what they sold for I figured it was still out of my range. A bunch of the others ladies who have more of a budget to afford these said yes. I then heard what these lamps were on sale for and thought I was going to fall out of my chair. These wonderful ladies found them at Walmart on a Xmas special for just $12.00, yes that is correct. Well needless to say I now have my lamp I have been eyeing for ages now at least I will once xmas gets here. Told ladies I would take one and wrap it up from DH so he doesnt have to stress so much over what to get me. Here is a pic for those who havent seen one.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM

I have one, too, and love it! However, I also have a larger one which I tend to use more. I have one on one side of my sewing table and the other on the other side. What a great price!!!!! I do have mine loaded with bits and pieces like machine oil, screw drivers, snips, etc because it is next to my machine.

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
I have been looking at the Ottlite Craft Caddy Lamp for some time now. Joannes has them ranging from 59.99 to 79.99 depending on sale you hit. Other places have same lamp for a little less but still a good chunk of change. So, I have just been waiting till the right sale.

Today I went to sewing group and one of the ladies there walks in with four of them still in box. One of the other ladies said she has two. They found them on sale for such a good price they picked up extras and asked if any of us would like them. Well since I already knew what they sold for I figured it was still out of my range. A bunch of the others ladies who have more of a budget to afford these said yes. I then heard what these lamps were on sale for and thought I was going to fall out of my chair. These wonderful ladies found them at Walmart on a Xmas special for just $12.00, yes that is correct. Well needless to say I now have my lamp I have been eyeing for ages now at least I will once xmas gets here. Told ladies I would take one and wrap it up from DH so he doesnt have to stress so much over what to get me. Here is a pic for those who havent seen one.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 PM

Jill, how large do they come. The one that these ladies picked up are uite large. I only wonder what the larger ones look like. Yes, that price was unbelievable but true no wonder they took all they could when at the store. LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Jill, how large do they come. The one that these ladies picked up are uite large. I only wonder what the larger ones look like. Yes, that price was unbelievable but true no wonder they took all they could when at the store. LOL
The other one I have isn't the same style. It has a heavy removable base so it can sit on a table, a big clamp which you can attach to the side of a table or desk ad set it in, and a bendable shaft to position the light. It also has a big magnifying glass arm which is also positionable and a longer light. I can also take it off the base and use it on my Grace quilting frame.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 PM

okay, I know which one you are talking about now. Seen that also, nice too. I cant wait to use this one. Told DH about it so he would know what he was getting me for Xmas and he told me just to use it now. YIPPEE. Although, I think I may just still wrap it up and wait just so I have something to look forward to on Xmas morning after all now fun when you know there is nothing under the tree and you have to explain to your kids why Santa didnt visit you. LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
To my SP I TRULY hope you like what I am sending you.

Here is a sneak peak at what you will see when you get
the package. keep in mind it is just a tiny bit of a hint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]380971[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]380972[/ATTACH]

This is the owl that I found in the magazine that I posted about.
I used a large button and hot glued it for the base.
I know who recieved this package...........................ME..............

Thanks Quilty-Louise

Boy does she know how to pack a package ..................The owl is so so cute........

I also received a small flashlight..........a note book and pen...........a quilt journal (very cute)..... binding clips..............and lots of fabric....14 fat quarters and a stack of I spy squares and fabric strips............boy did I make out like a bandit.........

Thanks so much for everything.......wish my camera was working so I could take a picture.........of what was inside that fabric wrapped package
Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 AM

mdall,
I was doing the Black Thursday sale at Walmart and those ott lites were selling for $23. So I picked one up. I do know that at joanns they are $80 so its a good deal to get it any lower and for sure at $12 that is not a bad deal at all. I haven't opened mine yet since I'm deciding which machine I would use it by but you got a great deal, Enjoy! btw so nice of the ladies to bring the extras in, the gift of giving!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 AM

I love my Ott lite...my kids got it for me for Christmas last year I use it to back light my machine and when I am doing small crafts on my sewing table they are the best lights!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:30 AM

Just want to let my secret pal know that I will be getting your package out in the mail tomorrow. I have a medium priority box ready to stuff, I just have to make two more things tonight, get stuff labeled and wrapped. Here's a little peek at something that will be in the box. No, not the styrofoam head silly, the white hand knitted hat. Just for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381972[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails white-hat.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
Just want to let my secret pal know that I will be getting your package out in the mail tomorrow. I have a medium priority box ready to stuff, I just have to make two more things tonight, get stuff labeled and wrapped. Here's a little peek at something that will be in the box. No, not the styrofoam head silly, the white hand knitted hat. Just for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381972[/ATTACH]
Oh I need this to walk the dog, is it me????