December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-18-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
Originally Posted by Janetd
I so agree! $10 buys so little these days. Can we at least do $10 + more somehow? I like to buy quality. I'm not personally a joanns fan - all I get there is thread if I need it. Not just the quality thing but the $10 thing is just too limited anyone agree? I'm sure I could go over that amount just a bit very easily. I'm new to this and just assume that we all would exceed $10 to justify the postal cost which could cost half as much as the products. Anyway I can't wait to join in this monthly swap! It sounds like so much fun just to put a package together let alone get one too!!
The reason we do a limit is that some people are on fixed incomes. You can really do a lot with 10 dollars. We buy things when they are on sale, you can send a block, pincushion, potholders etc that you have made. You can also send patterns you may have already done, you changed your mind and now don't want to do it or you bought on sale. You can put together little kits from your stash for a block, postcards, keychains from where you live. There is really a lot you can do with 10 dollars.

Suzanne
My last secret pal shared that she spent very little, making several things and adding things she had. It was a wonderful gift and I really appreciate her creativeness and thoughtfulness! I am glad that she didn't have to spend a lot, but you sure couldn't tell from the gift she sent. The $10 limit makes us be a bit more creative. That's a good thing!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:01 PM

Thank you so much grandme26 for all my goodies!! A magazine I don't have and I was just looking at that same mirror / sewing kit the other day thinking I want it but, should I really spend money on myself this time of year :) I love them all :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145025.jpe  
Old 12-18-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Still on the bench too....
Scoot over, I will share my electric binkie to keep us warm. Now please pass the bottle.......haha
Old 12-19-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by brenda21
Still on the bench too....
Scoot over, I will share my electric binkie to keep us warm. Now please pass the bottle.......haha
Just came home with more hot chocolate for us and a nice tin of milk, dark and white chocolate biscuits for us to enjoy while we wait. Hope there's enough binkie for me too :D :-D
Old 12-19-2010, 07:28 AM

Getting close to Christmas so maybe ours will be here by then. Thanks for sharing the bench, the wine and the goodies. I will bring chocolate dipped strawberries.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 AM

I got home yesterday to a wonderful package from Aurora.
I love the fabrics. The dish towels are very nice. I love using those. I'm wearing my snowflake earrings now. I'm saving the chocolate for later. There is 1 thing I couldn't include in the picture. I was getting things sat out here to take the picture and the phone rang and Lili my puppy ate the loaf of bread that was included. I wasn't happy about that. I think it was banana bread. She left me the foil it was wrapped in. She said it was really good. I couldn't believe it. I had it up high and she got up and pulled the fabric it was sitting on til it fell off. What a brat.
Thank you very much Aurora. I love everything.
Merry Christmas everyone. :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145220.jpe  
Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 AM

WOW how divine! just love the fat quarters, especially the one with the threads

Originally Posted by dglvr
I got home yesterday to a wonderful package from Aurora.
I love the fabrics. The dish towels are very nice. I love using those. I'm wearing my snowflake earrings now. I'm saving the chocolate for later. There is 1 thing I couldn't include in the picture. I was getting things sat out here to take the picture and the phone rang and Lili my puppy ate the loaf of bread that was included. I wasn't happy about that. I think it was banana bread. She left me the foil it was wrapped in. She said it was really good. I couldn't believe it. I had it up high and she got up and pulled the fabric it was sitting on til it fell off. What a brat.
Thank you very much Aurora. I love everything.
Merry Christmas everyone. :thumbup:
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Please pass the chocolate dipped strawberries.... :-D :thumbup: :D

Originally Posted by newquilter10
Getting close to Christmas so maybe ours will be here by then. Thanks for sharing the bench, the wine and the goodies. I will bring chocolate dipped strawberries.
:-D :thumbup: :D
Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Here they come!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//
Old 12-19-2010, 12:15 PM

Ooohhhhh, how wonderful...just yummy ;)

Originally Posted by newquilter10
Here they come!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//