December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-17-2010, 07:38 PM

Too late its all gone lol
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
I'll be 55 on the 29th of this month and I'm 5'5" and still sitting on the bench but maybe it will come on my birthday!

Suzanne
Happy Birthday Suzanne....I'll be 51 on the 27th, I am hoping to be off the bench by then. It's getting kinda cold here....Bringing a lap quilt to keep warm.....
Old 12-17-2010, 08:56 PM

You need one with a plug to keep extra warm

Originally Posted by Kellie G
I'll be 55 on the 29th of this month and I'm 5'5" and still sitting on the bench but maybe it will come on my birthday!

Suzanne
Happy Birthday Suzanne....I'll be 51 on the 27th, I am hoping to be off the bench by then. It's getting kinda cold here....Bringing a lap quilt to keep warm.....
Old 12-18-2010, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G

Suzanne
Happy Birthday to you too!

Suzanne
Old 12-18-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Janetd
I so agree! $10 buys so little these days. Can we at least do $10 + more somehow? I like to buy quality. I'm not personally a joanns fan - all I get there is thread if I need it. Not just the quality thing but the $10 thing is just too limited anyone agree? I'm sure I could go over that amount just a bit very easily. I'm new to this and just assume that we all would exceed $10 to justify the postal cost which could cost half as much as the products. Anyway I can't wait to join in this monthly swap! It sounds like so much fun just to put a package together let alone get one too!!
The reason we do a limit is that some people are on fixed incomes. You can really do a lot with 10 dollars. We buy things when they are on sale, you can send a block, pincushion, potholders etc that you have made. You can also send patterns you may have already done, you changed your mind and now don't want to do it or you bought on sale. You can put together little kits from your stash for a block, postcards, keychains from where you live. There is really a lot you can do with 10 dollars.

Suzanne
Old 12-18-2010, 05:45 AM

I agree with Suzanne. It is good for thinking outside the box. Like you, when I started I thought the $10 were too little, but then when I started adding this and that, and making this and pulling that, you'll be amazed!

Have fun with it!

I so agree! $10 buys so little these days. Can we at least do $10 + more somehow? I like to buy quality. I'm not personally a joanns fan - all I get there is thread if I need it. Not just the quality thing but the $10 thing is just too limited anyone agree? I'm sure I could go over that amount just a bit very easily. I'm new to this and just assume that we all would exceed $10 to justify the postal cost which could cost half as much as the products. Anyway I can't wait to join in this monthly swap! It sounds like so much fun just to put a package together let alone get one too!!
The reason we do a limit is that some people are on fixed incomes. You can really do a lot with 10 dollars. We buy things when they are on sale, you can send a block, pincushion, potholders etc that you have made. You can also send patterns you may have already done, you changed your mind and now don't want to do it or you bought on sale. You can put together little kits from your stash for a block, postcards, keychains from where you live. There is really a lot you can do with 10 dollars.

Suzanne
Old 12-18-2010, 05:46 AM

I agree there's a lot you can do to "enhance" the $10 limit.

Suzanne
Old 12-18-2010, 05:51 AM

Hey Terryl,
Did you notice the location of the new swapper (JanetD)?? She'll be another Florida that we'll need to include in our anticipation :mrgreen:
Old 12-18-2010, 05:53 AM

When I find stuff for a really good price I buy lots of it and just store it for uh oh gifts (forgotten birthdays, unexpected invitations etc..) and of course now the SP swaps, I have 1 shelf and 1 cabinet full of things that I have collected over the last year, so I spend my ten on something my SP wants and then pull from my cabinet to fill the package. I don't have much fabric stash yet, I just started sewing "full time" in July so that is slowly building lol.
Originally Posted by Terryl

Suzanne
Old 12-18-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl

Suzanne
I think that $10 is fine. You can add to it. An example would be that I bought around 25 patterns one time for approximately $12. That enables me to put them in packages. Also getting fat quarters on sale (my local quilt store does that about every other month) helps out, etc. It can be done and the personal touches add a lot to the packages.