December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-17-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Last evening the mailman brought me a wonderful surprise from KimmieH -- thank you so much, Kim. I have a great pattern for a "Potato Chip Bag" (a betcha-can't-make-just-one pattern, and I already started one), a notepad with quilt picture (which, like my fabric, I will hate to use because it's so nice and I like to look at it), four great fat-quarters (and yes, Kim, they are wild enough! In fact, I actually cut one for the potato chip bag), and candy cane ornaments for my tree (which is done in red and white theme, so they look right at home). I'm very excited about all of the things you sent,Kim, and they really helped brighten up a very gray and overcast day as well as inspire me to turn on the sewing machines once again. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated.
Love that blue (but then I'm partial to blues) and also that dotted one. Nice and bright colors to cheer up your day.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:24 AM

Yeah, Bonnie, the fat quarters complement each other so well that they HAVE to be kept together in a project. And they look fantastic in real life -- I'm gonna hate to cut them up. And did I say how good they feel? I think I suffer from a fabric fetish.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Yeah, Bonnie, the fat quarters complement each other so well that they HAVE to be kept together in a project. And they look fantastic in real life -- I'm gonna hate to cut them up. And did I say how good they feel? I think I suffer from a fabric fetish.
That's one of my rules for fabric. It has to feel good too. I am making a quilt for a good friend and I sent him a sample of the proposed fabrics. He fell in love with the back fabric which is nice and soft. I made him a pillow out of the fabric (to match the quilt when done) and he put it on the bed immediately because it "feels so good to sleep with." I think it has to be a pre req for fabric. Must feel nice. :)
Old 12-17-2010, 07:51 AM

A pillowcase from the backing fabric -- why didn't I think of that. I always have some left over...even if there's enough to do only one side. I'm going to do that next time. Thanks for the idea.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:24 AM

Still waiting but know that mail is so slow this time of the year.

Linda
Old 12-17-2010, 11:10 AM

Just popping in to look at squishies...taking a QUICK cleaning break...my mom arrives in about four hours and still have lots to do LOL...maybe I'll get off the bench today...mail hasn't arrived yet....
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Just popping in to look at squishies...taking a QUICK cleaning break...my mom arrives in about four hours and still have lots to do LOL...maybe I'll get off the bench today...mail hasn't arrived yet....
If I sit on the bench for you, will you come and clean my place also? (giggles).
Old 12-17-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
If I sit on the bench for you, will you come and clean my place also? (giggles).
Do you have teenage boys or dogs? hahaha
Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Do you have teenage boys or dogs? hahaha
Nope, just me and my fabric. Even if you take some of the fabric I probably wouldn't notice it. LOL. Or you could come over and finish up a project or two for me. I wouldn't complain...really I wouldn't.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 PM

Candi, thank you so very much for my December swap, I have been traveling all week for business and it was a really nice surprise to arrive home too. All of the goodies were so nice which will all be used and eaten...the box smelled wonderful from the soap and the fabric and ruler is perfect. Most of all I attached a seperate picture of the beautiful handmade card, you are very talented and the best card I have recieved this year. Thank you again and I wish you a very happy and healthy holiday.

Colleen
Attached Thumbnails attachment-144501.jpe   attachment-144502.jpe