December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-16-2010, 02:38 PM

OOOHHH nice squishie JEGS :)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Candi, you're absolutely right about me loving your mom's orange and green quilt, I may not let you off the bench with it :) :) :) AND remember I offered to adopt you earlier this year so maybe I'm the "mom receipiant" you're refering to?
Well, it just so happens that both moms like the orange and green :mrgreen:
Old 12-16-2010, 03:33 PM

That is so pretty. I have been looking at the Accucut Go ... now I will look closer....hope it is under the tree.....Santa are you listening???????????

Originally Posted by Roseysue
After reading all that about your 'interesting' wait for your squishies, I feel like I could have been part of that conversation. Except, I got mine last week. That's what told me this was already happening! I have you all beat in the height category. I am working hard reaching the
4 foot 11 inch level on the wall and I am also in my 60's.
I guess we have more in common than we knew pattis47! Enjoy your cocoa.
I just finished a 24 inch octagon tabletopper using the accuquilt dies in all the shapes for the quilt. That sure makes the cutting fast and sooo precise.
Nothing like folding a square into a prarie point and come out exact each time. And, yes to sew triangles without dog ears. Wow, how easy!.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:36 PM

OH MY, you are tooooo patient, thats 2 weeks, or 14 days or 336 hours.........

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
I'll be 55 on the 29th of this month and I'm 5'5" and still sitting on the bench but maybe it will come on my birthday!

Suzanne
Old 12-16-2010, 05:55 PM

nice squishies. I was thinking of accuquilt go but have to investigate it a bit more. Does anybody know if accuquilt takes in consideration seam allowances in the die cuts?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:21 PM

Yes the seam allowances are included in the die, so when you cut, you already have the seam allowance. I think it is called AccuQUILT, not AccuCUT. (The actual shape and info about it is on the packaging and shows the seam allowance, so you know for sure) Look on amazon for good buys - all are new too.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Yes the seam allowances are included in the die, so when you cut, you already have the seam allowance. I think it is called AccuQUILT, not AccuCUT. (The actual shape and info about it is on the packaging and shows the seam allowance, so you know for sure) Look on amazon for good buys - all are new too.
Thanks. I might do that when I get my income tax return. My gift to myself. :)
Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 AM

I'm off the bench too. I got a package yesterday from a Cheryl R in Macon, GA--We got home late last night so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll open it up this weekend and post what goodies were inside on Monday(no internet at home and I can't always get into the site from my phone). Hope everyone has a great weekend! Hugs, Mary B MS
Old 12-17-2010, 06:37 AM

Another month of fabulous squishies!!! Lots of people being so generous this time of year!!! I love looking at all the squishies and the ideas of what people have put in them.

I am still waiting for mine ... the always say "Save the best for the Last"!!! I am sure mine will be here soon!!! :thumbup:
Old 12-17-2010, 07:19 AM

Last evening the mailman brought me a wonderful surprise from KimmieH -- thank you so much, Kim. I have a great pattern for a "Potato Chip Bag" (a betcha-can't-make-just-one pattern, and I already started one), a notepad with quilt picture (which, like my fabric, I will hate to use because it's so nice and I like to look at it), four great fat-quarters (and yes, Kim, they are wild enough! In fact, I actually cut one for the potato chip bag), and candy cane ornaments for my tree (which is done in red and white theme, so they look right at home). Also included es a small credit card wallet, which I really needed since I don't like to carry them in my regular wallet where ever I go. I'm very excited about all of the things you sent,Kim, and they really helped brighten up a very gray and overcast day as well as inspire me to turn on the sewing machines once again. Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated.

Oops -- sideways -- sorry
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144189[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-144183.jpe   attachment-144184.jpe