December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-16-2010, 05:59 AM

Whipeeeee! I got a bag fun of goodies from Judy_68 and all of them are wonderful and I plan to make the patterns right after Christmas. Thanks for being a wonderful swapper.
Moosegirl

Patterns, book, & more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143788[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143783.jpe  
Old 12-16-2010, 06:01 AM

Happy early Birthday!!
Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
I'll be 55 on the 29th of this month and I'm 5'5" and still sitting on the bench but maybe it will come on my birthday!

Suzanne
Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Originally Posted by koko
My package has arrived!! Thank you Misty Marie for your wonderful selection of items for me. I received the cutest pattern called Shop Til You Melt along with 5 coordinating fabrics that can be used with it. I can't wait to start on it so I can enter it in our quilt show in June. I collect mugs with states on them and now I have one from Colorado. And I was lucky enough to be the recipient of her lovely embroidery work on a table topper and ornament. Oh, and there was delicious Lindt truffles but I'm not mentioning that...
I am absolutely shocked at how quick that got to you. I mailed it on Saturday and it arrived on Monday. That is the fastest a package has EVER arrived.

The "tabletopper" is a flour sack dishcloth. I had never done that before and boy was it a learning lesson. I went back to the store where I bought my machine and asked them what to do the next time I did something like this because the weave was so loose, the design wasn't very crisp. Anyway, glad you liked it. I would love to see the finished quilt when you get it done. I really liked that pattern... bought myself one too. :lol:
That's one of the great parts of secret pal....buying something for someone else because you really like it and then buying it for yourself too! I love these swaps.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 AM

Oh Roseysue that table topper is BEAUTIFUL!!
Nice squishie you got too.

Moosegirl nice squishie also :)
Old 12-16-2010, 09:42 AM

Candi, you're absolutely right about me loving your mom's orange and green quilt, I may not let you off the bench with it :) :) :) AND remember I offered to adopt you earlier this year so maybe I'm the "mom receipiant" you're refering to?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm officially off the bench.

Thanks to RachelChastain for the really cute cat calendar. I would take a picture the batteries died on my camera :(

Suzanne
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 AM

Just want to say a quick thank you to my December SP Mandie from Oregon! I received some great fabric to share with my Grandsons (which I always enjoy doing) some patterns and a great pattern to make Snow Men! I will post pics later when I get home. Thanks again Mandie you are the best!!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM

I received my dec. sp package from dglvr on monday and did pm but didn't post here. planned to take a pic. but that didn't happen yet which was why I hadn't posted here yet. But I got a fabulous pkg and will have more to say with the pic.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Of course I couldn’t get my camera to co-operate, so there are no pictures.

Our mail has been really slow here and I didn’t get my package until 12-15 and poor Bonnie had to check to see if I got it.

My swap partner was Sherylb and I couldn’t have picked out things for myself any better than she did. Sheryl sent me some absolutely gorgeous fat quarters in the colors I love.

I’m learning how to do foundation piecing and she sent a hundred sheets of paper for foundation piecing. (That should keep me busy) She also sent something I’ve been wanting to try and just never got around to getting it. It’s a Mark-B-Gone Marking Pen along with needle cases and a set of Paper Pieces to play with. I love the Warning on the package: WARNING: Addicting and Contagious!

Thank You Sheryl for a wonderful swap!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Thank you, thank you NancyinLA! Yay!! I received a fantastic swap package from you. The holiday card is beautiful and your introduction brought smiles. So nice to meet you, too! I love gloves, my first pair--Wooohooo! Yes, the socks do keep my feet warm as it's been chilly at night and in the morning here, very comfy, too. Needles, cute-leaf pins, compact seam ripper(perfect to keep with me), pin magnet-handy (I didn't know these existed by the way.) New project, too! Tic Tac Toe Color Block Pillow pattern complete with template and Nancy included two different fabrics-to get me started. Perfect, as I have two pieces of different purple fabric that will compliment those she included.
I even took a photo so share and as soon as I can figure out how to upload a pic, I'll post it!
((hugs))
JEGsGirl

2010 December Secret Swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143915[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143910.jpe