Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on the Farm Block Swap

Down on the Farm Block Swap

Down on the Farm Swap

I hope you will join me Down on the Farm! This is a Block Swap for your favorite farm animals in sets of Four. (Up to Five sets per swapper) 20 Blocks maximum.

I see chickens, pigs, cows, horses, dogs, cats, goats, sheep and more in a rainbow of colors and styles. Applique, pieced, paper-pieced but no DP9s, no fabric squares and no fussy cuts with novelty prints. I want you to challenge yourselves to create an actual animal for your blocks! Honestly, I can’t wait to make a pieced cow.

If you are a beginner and feel intimidated, please don’t. Just try to do a simple silhouette if you feel comfortable so you can participate. I don’t expect paper-piecing with 40 parts! LOL

The sign ups are open till April 15, 2018.

The Deadline to have them to me (in my hands) is June 15, 2018.

I will swap them and mail them back out to you no later than July 15, 2018. (Or sooner if possible.)

If I do not have your blocks in my hands by the deadline, I will swap out without you. Please refer to the QB General Swap Rules and remember to play nice: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html\

**Note: Keep in mind that swap blocks may contain allergens. Please make the decision to either join us or not join us based on what is best for you.**

The Swap is for sets of (4) Blocks. The limit is 5 sets per swapper. 20 Blocks maximum.

I will trade out all the blocks I receive. Don't forget to make a set for yourself.
    Block sizes can be 6½, 9½, or 12½ square. Plus, you can mix it up! I love various sizes to work with such as 6½ X 9½ or 9½ X 12½. I think you get the picture.

The sets should be the same image/block. But, different fabrics can be used. 100 % cotton fabric must be used.

Any background Fabric can be used as long as it's appropriate for the theme.
    Applique blocks must be sewn down!
    Embroidery blocks whether hand sewn or machine sewn are fine also.

Mail your blocks to me (or however you see fit) in a priority flat rate envelope using stamps only on the return envelope. (Metered mail expires.) I must return mail it to you by priority mail in order to have a tracking number. Give your package time to get to me please. Make sure to address your return envelope back to yourself. Don't forget to use the proper postage. (Thank you.) PM me for my address when you are ready to send. You can mail whenever your ready.

Place your finished sets in one Large baggie. Make sure your board name is on each block. If you are new to the board or just new to swapping, just ask and you will get lots of great suggestions on how to mark your blocks.

Should anything come up and you need to withdraw from the swap, let me know as soon as you can. Life happens sometimes.

Now, let's share early fabric pulls, ideas, and blocks and have a little fun.

Piece,
    GracefulAnn

Oh my gosh, Graceful Ann, I just told myself no more new projects and you come out with this!! I am so joining! I love challenges and a farm quilt has been on my list to do for a while. I'll PM you as soon as I have a moment

Thank you!!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Welcome NZQuilter! I'm so glad you are joining me!

Oh so much fun. I will have to sign up for a couple sets. I am suppose to be selling this house,, hey I need some creative avoidance .

I an thinking of an alpaca, also a cat. Off to the beach for the weekend.

This ought to be cute to watch.
    Mary

So far I think I'll do a barn, geese, chicken, pig and sheep. Of course this may change if another pattern pops up that I have to do!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Feel free to lurk away but don't shy away from joining! We'd love to have your participation and creative support.

I think an alpaca would be darling. My daughter's closest friend has an alpaca farm plus two Corgi's. Don't forget that if you have a cat on your farm, you need mice to chase!

Oh I'm going to have to think seriously about this one, might just be too tempting to pass up on.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

How fun! I have got to think about this.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Too fun! Will have to think on this one. Great idea GracefulAnn.

Thank you for your kindness everyone!

Not sure yet, haven't found any patterns, 200 quilt magazines later??
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I am in! I did one before in the past and would love to have some blocks to go with it. This will be a fun swap. For myself I will need to make a barn with it also to go with all those animals. If others like a barn I could make some as one of the entries too. Just let me know. I know last time I ended up with mostly pigs, all were adorable and different, so I am hoping to get some more variety.
    Anna Quilts

From a previous swap with farm animals. These are my blocks from that swap. Just to give you an example of some appliqued animals. This new swap has different parameters. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. This should be fun!

This swap calls for quote" I see chickens, pigs, cows, horses, dogs, cats, goats, sheep and more in a rainbow of colors and styles. Applique, pieced, paper-pieced but no DP9s, no fabric squares and no fussy cuts with novelty prints. I want you to challenge yourselves to create an actual animal for your blocks! Honestly, I can’t wait to make a pieced cow."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-18-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Some more links-https://www.google.com/search?biw=1745&bih=863&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=UpaJWtLHFoO3jwTvm4q4Ag&q=farm+animals+quilt&oq=farm+animals+quilt&gs_l=psy-ab.3...49367.49367.0.50921.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0... .0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.0OYERKrwXDs
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
    Not sure yet, haven't found any patterns, 200 quilt magazines later??
    Check out Pinterest, there were so many cute farm animal quilt blocks there.

I'm a farm girl, and I would love to be in this swap.

Annaquilts thank you for sharing your past swap and the links for the other farm animal ideas. I love that sheep block toward the bottom.

Just to remind everyone that not all your blocks need to square. The largest size combo can only be 12 1/2 X 12 1/2. I already have a 6 1/2 X 9 1/2 in the works.

Just to remind everyone that not all your blocks need to square. The largest size combo can only be 12 1/2 X 12 1/2. I already have a 6 1/2 X 9 1/2 in the works.
    Oh, I missed that part. I have a pattern for a farm windmill that will make a perfect 6.5" x9.5" block. Sounds fun!

Annaquilts, I love your farm quilt! Lovely ideas right there.

FYI quilters: Block sizes can be 6½, 9½, or 12½ square. Plus, you can mix it up! I love various sizes to work with such as 6½ X 9½ or 9½ X 12½. I think you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by dforrest60 View Post
    I'm a farm girl, and I would love to be in this swap.
    I know right? I am too. Can't pass on this swap. Should be fun. I also love how it goes half way in to June. This will help give me time to finish as my kids are out of school.
    Anna Quilts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    Oh, I missed that part. I have a pattern for a farm windmill that will make a perfect 6.5" x9.5" block. Sounds fun!
    That would be awesome! I do wonder if our swap leader gave the green light on farm structures like a barn or farm windmill. I think currently the swap is for farm animals only and they have to be made by the swapper, meaning not print. If not I understand and would gladly do a side swap with some people. I am planning on making a barn for myself and could extra to trade as a side for other structures.

Here were the swap guidelines for this swap-
    This swap calls for quote" I see chickens, pigs, cows, horses, dogs, cats, goats, sheep and more in a rainbow of colors and styles. Applique, pieced, paper-pieced but no DP9s, no fabric squares and no fussy cuts with novelty prints. I want you to challenge yourselves to create an actual animal for your blocks! Honestly, I can’t wait to make a pieced cow."
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-18-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast