Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Down on the Farm: Theme Swap - OMG! SEE PG. 74 >

Down on the Farm: Theme Swap - OMG! SEE PG. 74

Down on the Farm: Theme Swap - OMG! SEE PG. 74

Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM

I'm thinking this sounds like a lot of fun! I think it is doable(?) with the deadline the end of January! I will let you know what I find to make!!
Time to get out some books!
Kendra
Old 10-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Banned

Kedra, glad you are joining. I need to find a block too. How are the girls, they are so cute. Reminds me of my granddaughters, but they are both blondies. I had them for four days and we made fleece blankets.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

Oh goodie Ms. BRT...so glad you put me down even before I found this new thread!! Ok...so...I like the color scheme you are deciding...I love what everyone is choosing...I like that you extended the deadline to end of Jan...I would be over the moon if you extended it to mid Feb 15..although Round 2 of the IRR is mailing on Feb. 15.....like I said..."glutton for punishment! :shock: "
Old 10-21-2009, 05:59 PM

Okay, I need some help. I have a pattern for each of the following, please help me figure out which to do, cat, dog and goose. I am leaning towards goose just because it is different! Think it would be okay!?!?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
Okay, I need some help. I have a pattern for each of the following, please help me figure out which to do, cat, dog and goose. I am leaning towards goose just because it is different! Think it would be okay!?!?
Love the goose idea-- all good farms have geese (we have some).
Old 10-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

OK - swapping newbie here with questions:

1. Is the 12" block the finished or unfinished dimension? Most other swap direction asked for 12.5" unfinished. That's why I ask.

2. How does it work when there are more than 12 participants. I thought that we make as many blocks as we have participants so everyone gets one each. Somehow I must not understand the plan.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 PM

12.5 UNFINISHED blocks. :)

The other swaps I have been a part of each have us create groups of 12, and you receive a random assortment of 12 blocks from the completed group. IF you would like one of everyone's blocks, you definitely could do that. You'll just be a busy lady! lol!

Right now, with the current list, if you make two sets of 12 blocks- 24 total- you will have one of everyone's blocks. That is my current goal as well.

IF EVERYONE WANTS ONE OF EVERYONE ELSE'S BLOCKS, We could "close" sign ups after 24 members join. Then, however, we each would have to commit to making 24 of each of our chosen designs. Some people would like to do two designs, which would mean that they would have to make 48 blocks. That is a lot to ask.

Other random questions I have been asked:
Yes, international is a-ok! Our very own Blue Chicken is from New Zealand!

sandpat- Lol, I hope you don't mind I signed you up! You said you wanted a particular design on the other board- the chicken group- so I "reserved" it for you. Im too lazy to look now, what was it? A cow? lol. I thought you expressed interest. Don't feel obligated!

KGood- Goose!!! Our duck dropped out! :lol: Im bias, as I love geese. Nasty, mean creatures.. but so flippin cute. I always am compelled to feed them at the park...
Old 10-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
12.5 UNFINISHED blocks. :)

The other swaps I have been a part of each have us create groups of 12, and you receive a random assortment of 12 blocks from the completed group. IF you would like one of everyone's blocks, you definitely could do that. You'll just be a busy lady! lol!

Right now, with the current list, if you make two sets of 12 blocks- 24 total- you will have one of everyone's blocks. That is my current goal as well.

IF EVERYONE WANTS ONE OF EVERYONE ELSE'S BLOCKS, We could "close" sign ups after 24 members join. Then, however, we each would have to commit to making 24 of each of our chosen designs. Some people would like to do two designs, which would mean that they would have to make 48 blocks. That is a lot to ask.
To use a theme-specific exclamation: HOLY COW that would be a lot of blocks........I'll be thinking about that one.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I think it may scare people away. Let's leave it as is, and whomever wants everyone else's blocks can make extras on their own. It is more fun to have lots of people- we get a nice assortment that way. (I tend to brainstorm while typing.. bad habit...)
Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 PM

The grass and sky background would work well for applique (which is what I'm doing), but maybe not for paper piecing? I've never PP'd so don't really know . . . just guessing.

I'll do whatever the consensus is for background so that the blocks have consistency.