Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 AM

hi, welcome back! i hope you had a lovely christmas!!

great news about your progress! i look forward to seeing updates of the row you're working on!
my hand is improving day by day, so i hope to do a bit more of the hand sewing on your 'baskets row' tonight joan...
Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM

Okay Patti, here is your row "FRUIT BASKETS". I decided to take the term literally! Since you started all this with your fruit bottomed ladies, I hope you think this goes with them.
Attached Thumbnails christmas-wall-hanging-pattis-row-002.jpg   christmas-wall-hanging-pattis-row-008.jpg  
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 PM

Oh Joan, that row is fantastic. When I read your post, before I saw the pic, my minds eye envisioned a basket full of fruitlady butts!!!!! I like your version much better, thank you for all your hard work. It is above and beyond! Now I am anxious to get it back and put it together and get it on the longarm. Thanks so very much
Old 12-30-2011, 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=pattis47;4826026]Oh Joan, that row is fantastic. When I read your post, before I saw the pic, my minds eye envisioned a basket full of fruitlady butts!!!!! I like your version much better, thank you for all your hard work. It is above and beyond! Now I am anxious to get it back and put it together and get it on the longarm. Thanks so very much

I'm happy you like it. I tried to make them look like baskets and thought that if they were on the beach sand with a checkered table cloth they would look cute.
You still have one more row , trees and flowers, to be added by Jacquie before you get it back. I'll be sending it out to her soon. I don't want to cause her any problems with her new surgery though. She says she is on the mend and beginning to sew again.
Jacquie, take care of yourself. Don't over do!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:10 AM

hi all,
patti,your 'top' is going to be such FUN!!! it's wonderful!!!
love your row joan!!!
i'm now able to hand sew! can you believe it!! i have 5 baskets on joan's row, that require hand sewing. i did 2 of them the night before my surgery, and i was able to sew one down LAST NIGHT!!! if anything was sore, it was my eyes!!! lol...
i can't get over the difference!! before, i would be aching and pins n needles after around 5 /10 mins!! i'm still being careful with the hand and 'listening' to it. but it's doing great!!

dh & i are meeting heather (dd1) after some of her morning clients this lunchtime to take her to her fav' italian restaurant. heather works for the same company as myself and will be working this evening.
we're all spending 'Hogmanay' with rachael (dd2) and phoebe at her place, so phoebe can settle in her own cot.
we're cooking a roast leg of lamb with garlic & rosemary, playing some games and watching 'hootenanny' on the tv until the bells come in.
heather won't be able to join with us this year, hence the meal out at lunchtime between clients. it's shame, poor lass. but that's working in 'care' it's a 24/7 job. i'm just lucky that my clients don't require me tonight! it may not be the case next year though!!

is this being a bit 'gross' showing you the hand?? lol... oh well, here it is... mending nicely!!!
(the picture is 'flipped', so it looks like my (L) hand...)

take care all, and have a wonderful 'hogmanay'... see you next year!!
love jacquie xxx
Attached Thumbnails photo-2012-12-31-11.08.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 AM

Oh Joan you are so right, I forgot all about the trees and flowers. I hope Jacquie takes her time and does not push herself. I want her hand to heal nicely and not have problems in the future.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:24 AM

Jacquie,
Your incision is healing nicely. Not gross at all. Please take your time and don't rush the process. It would be nice to receive my rows quickly, HOWEVER, not at the expense of future stitching. Take your time and remember there is no rush for my row.
Please wish your family the best New Year from me and be sure to give extra hugs and kisses to the wee one! Enjoy your day.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:54 AM

Your hand is really looking good Jacquie. I would say you had a very good surgeon. But we don't want you to push yourself, so do take care. I'll send out the rows to you next week, but they will take some time to get to you no doubt. Happy New Year's Eve everyone!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:33 AM

Health, Wealth, and Love to all. Happy New Year, may 2012 fulfill your wildest dreams!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 AM

hi all, we all went down to the marina on the river clyde this lunchtime, to watch the 'new year plunge'. Rachael (dd2) was taking part this year... almost 200 people of all ages did the plunge, many for charity. gosh it was cold there even for us spectators, i don't know how they did it!!!!!! mad people!! lol... but they were well looked after with the 'RNLI' (Royal National lifeboat Institution) in the water with them, just incase they were needed. also hot soup was available for all the 'plungers', with the local news and radio there filming and entertaining. it was a great afternoon! here is Rachael, in the yellow t-shirt jumping it... we think it will have been around 5'C in the water...
Attached Thumbnails rplunge.jpg