Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM

Well, today when I got home from work, I found the answer to where my package is. They returned it to me, damaged by a postal machine. I can't salvage any of it.....It looks like it got caught in some kind of gear, there are grease marks and shredded fabric. I have another row completed, because I made 2 originally because I was going to add it to the bottom. I will send it tomorrow. Then I will re-make the signature block and autograph blocks to swap and send them separate so it doesnt take so long for you to get the row. I am so sorry, if you need more time to complete your work, feel free to take it, I'm sure nobody will mind. I will post a note on the site so the others are aware of the problem and realize it has nothing to do with you. I am sure glade they could read my return address. I wonder if they plan to refund my postage?????Guess I will find out tuesday when I try to send the other row....again I am sorry to hold everything up for you.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:55 PM

Oh my!! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would be very upset, and rightly so I would say! They should refund your money. What type of package did you use? I only ask because I don't want the same thing to happen again.
No one will mind if it takes a little longer for her to complete your row. I still haven't recieve my row to work on either. Try not to stress yourself out about this. It's hard I know, but remember what they say...Will this really matter in your life 5 years from now?
Sending you a hug!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:56 PM

ohhhhhh pat!!!!! sorry to hear this!!! :cry:

that is so awful!!!!!! such a shame!!!!!!

i hope my 'baby' is ok!!!

maybe dayle was right to use a box!
maybe we should all use a box, the row would be better protected.
it's actually worth the extra few $'s just to know that our work won't get all chewed up.

i'm amazed it went through a roller machine!!!!
it's an awful thought to think of that actually!!!! our precious work going through a roller machine!!!
i think i'll maybe have nightmares tonight!!!!

so sorry again, to hear of this bad luck pat!

take as long as you need by the way! i haven't had mine arrive yet in the UK, and my row hasn't reached it's destination in the USA either...
Old 12-27-2010, 03:02 PM

I guess that is why my tracking info just kept saying at the Processing Center Baltimore MD...I just checked now and it says no info available, updated throughout the day, just ckeck back. I dont know what kind of machine it went through, but it surely got caught in something that chewed it up.....
I have an extra row completed, because I made 2 originally because I was going to add it to the bottom when I received it back after you all had added your rows. I will just send that one tomorrow. Then I will take a few days to do the autograph blocks and another label for the rows and send them separate. That way she will have the row to work with and not have to wait.

Originally Posted by jacquie

it's actually worth the extra few $'s just to know that our work won't get all chewed up.

it's an awful thought to think of that actually!!!! our precious work going through a roller machine!!!

take as long as you need by the way! i haven't had mine arrive yet in the UK, and my row hasn't reached it's destination in the USA either...
Old 12-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
I guess that is why my tracking info just kept saying at the Processing Center Baltimore MD...I just checked now and it says no info available, updated throughout the day, just ckeck back. I dont know what kind of machine it went through, but it surely got caught in something that chewed it up.....
I have an extra row completed, because I made 2 originally because I was going to add it to the bottom when I received it back after you all had added your rows. I will just send that one tomorrow. Then I will take a few days to do the autograph blocks and another label for the rows and send them separate. That way she will have the row to work with and not have to wait.

"Good Lord" ..... Maybe if it had been sent by "Pony Express" it would have been handled better. Ha-Ha!!

You know what gals ..... I don't think any one of us have a "gun" to our head and/or our mailing dates are "are carved in stone" .... just relax and let's enjoy this quilt making adventure. We started early and have plenty of time to work on our rows. Under these circumstances though .... I'm now thinking that mailing a box-like structure may be better protection. How does everyone else feel?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:06 PM

Pat, I'm so sorry this happened to your row. I already have my row drafted to add onto yours. I was just waiting to see the colors as we know that the computer colors are not true.
I did send my row to Dayle in one of the cardboard flat envelopes. Maybe we need to protect our rows with the box type mailers.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boopers
Pat, I'm so sorry this happened to your row. I already have my row drafted to add onto yours. I was just waiting to see the colors as we know that the computer colors are not true.
I did send my row to Dayle in one of the cardboard flat envelopes. Maybe we need to protect our rows with the box type mailers.
I used one of the postal envelopes that is made out of a very strong material. I can't remember what it's called, but the lady at the PO said it was indestructable.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 PM

that sounds good enough for me!
i think they are called 'jiffy bag's' aren't they???
something like that...

i feel so 'sickened' for pat... i would have been gutted if it were mine, the amount of work we put into our projects!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:59 PM

After I had a good cry, I realized in the big scheme of things it will be ok....but it sure knocked the wind out of me when I opened it and saw the mess.

that sounds good enough for me!
i think they are called 'jiffy bag's' aren't they???
something like that...

i feel so 'sickened' for pat... i would have been gutted if it were mine, the amount of work we put into our projects!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 PM

sorry about your bad experience with the uspo. I firmly believe they have become much more careless with the mail and packages. We get other people's mail about 2 days a week.
After I read of your experience, as group leader of group 3, I suggested our girls all read of that, and we will take every precaution to insure that our packages get around in good shape. I suggested boxes like they show on tv--"one ships for one price," or whatever, and insure them.
Take care and hopefully, it will all work out.
Mariah