Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 01-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the response. I agree with you in all respects except I have received my row, and am working on the blocks. I am very anxious to see the pics of the new rows. I think this is sew exciting!

Originally Posted by jacquie
hi, good questions pat! here are my answers...

Has everyone in the group received their row?
NO

Has anyone worked up their designs?
I HAVE MADE DRAWINGS FOR FIRST ROW TO ARRIVE, BUT DON'T WANT TO START ANYTHING UNTIL IT GETS HERE DUE TO COLOURS ETC. PC COLOURS ARE NOT ALWAYS TRUE TO THE ACTUAL MATERIAL IN HAND.

When can we expect pics of the new rows that are to be added?
AS SOON AS I HAVE MADE THE FIRST 5 BLOCKS

Do we want to post pics of the row we make to add separate from the row(s) we receive?
CAN DO

Do we want to post pics of the sewn together rows?
YES

Does anyone NOT want pics of their top so they can be surprised?
I AM HAPPY TO SEE MINE
Old 01-01-2011, 03:06 PM

I haven't received the row from Scotland yet, but think I may be picking it up at the Post Office on Monday. I hope so. Then I can get started.
I do have a plan for the row I will add, but want to see her row first and be sure my plan and fabrics will work with it.
I will post pictures of the row I make and of the rows sewn together.
Normally I wouldn't want to see my rows until the end, but this time I'm going to say it's okay to post if the person working on it wants to.
Hope I answered all the questions.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:19 PM

Joan,
There is a part of me that wants to be surprised, but the rest or me is to curious, I just want to see the pictures as they are being done. I am so anxious to see how it is coming along. I hope you get your row on Monday. I have been working on the civil war row and hopefully will complete it this weekend. I am originally from York, PA. We have alot of civil war history as the troops marched thru on their way to Gettysburg. I was lucky enough to have a chance to visit the local Historical Society when I was home for Christmas and sketched some blocks from the actual quilts they have. Many years ago I was a docent there and also at the Gates House and Plough Tavern.
I did some practice blocks with other fabric to be sure my measurements were good and now I am working on the actual blocks for the row.
Patti

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I haven't received the row from Scotland yet, but think I may be picking it up at the Post Office on Monday. I hope so. Then I can get started.
I do have a plan for the row I will add, but want to see her row first and be sure my plan and fabrics will work with it.
Normally I wouldn't want to see my rows until the end, but this time I'm going to say it's okay to post if the person working on it wants to.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Below are some questions that have popped into my head:

Do we want to post pics of the row we make to add separate from the row(s) we receive?

I just got home after a "Freezing" - "Cold" .. New Years Eve week of 3 Days, where it was a beautilful "minus 3 degrees" this morning in Jackpot, NV .... and now getting to my mail.

Re: Patti's Questionaire

YES .... I have received "Boopers" row.
YES .... Have worked up her row/cut it out and now ready to put it together.
YES .... I would like to see pictures posted of the rows we put together and ......
YES .... I would like to see pictures posted of the rows sewn together.

RNUNU: Dayle
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
hi, good questions pat! here are my answers...

NO

I HAVE MADE DRAWINGS FOR FIRST ROW TO ARRIVE, BUT DON'T WANT TO START ANYTHING UNTIL IT GETS HERE DUE TO COLOURS ETC. PC COLOURS ARE NOT ALWAYS TRUE TO THE ACTUAL MATERIAL IN HAND.

AS SOON AS I HAVE MADE THE FIRST 5 BLOCKS

CAN DO

YES

I AM HAPPY TO SEE MINE
Jacquie -

I am going to the Post Office on Monday .... with my receipts to see if they can give any kind of an idea as to where my package is, that I sent to you on December 13th. I'm starting to get a little worried about it.

Dayle
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Joan,
There is a part of me that wants to be surprised, but the rest or me is to curious, I just want to see the pictures as they are being done. I am so anxious to see how it is coming along. I hope you get your row on Monday. I have been working on the civil war row and hopefully will complete it this weekend. I am originally from York, PA. We have alot of civil war history as the troops marched thru on their way to Gettysburg. I was lucky enough to have a chance to visit the local Historical Society when I was home for Christmas and sketched some blocks from the actual quilts they have. Many years ago I was a docent there and also at the Gates House and Plough Tavern.
I did some practice blocks with other fabric to be sure my measurements were good and now I am working on the actual blocks for the row.
Patti

Wow! That's great. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do even more, and I was excite about it before!!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:09 AM

dayle, try not to worry, it will take a little longer to get here because of the seriously bad weather we have been getting over here in the UK. it had been down to -20*C for around 5 weeks, this last week has been a lot better and we're now thawing out!!

everything is back logged, people have been stuck on motor ways for days at a time, flights & trains haven't been operating, the whole british isles have been at a standstill. plus we've also had christmas and new year.
there was even a lack of certain foods on the shelves in the stores! as lorries weren't getting through with food etc, esp' bread & potatoes. can you believe it!!

so, don't worry, it will be on it's way, same with mine going over to the the USA.
i was quite expecting it to take a little longer. (i'm used to this lol)

can i be cheeky and make a reminder to everyone that my row is to be in BATIK FABRIC.
i just keep having these panic attacks that this may gey over looked lol...
sorry! lol...

i too can't wait to see the next instalment of photos of the added rows!! people at home can't understand my excitement about this, it's such a shame!! these people are missing out in life!!! lol...

anyway, happy new year ladies!! i hope you all had a great time!!!

love jacquie xxxxx
Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 AM

Not to worry Jacquie, I have my fall colored BATIK fabrics out and ready to go.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 AM

thanks, that's great!

so the tracking did work then! i thought i had wasted my money on the tracking! thanks goodness for that!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Jacquie -

Not to worry here either about the "BATIK" subject. I have a "whole drawer" with nothing but Batik Fabrics .... been stashing them for myself, as "one day" I was going to plan on making a quilt with these fabrics. Now you are doing me a favor ..... with your Row Robin coming onboard, it's going to get me into "high gear" and get me started giving that project a higher priority, on my list of "To Do's". (((HUGS)))