Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 03-22-2011, 03:48 PM

How delightful. I am sure she will love it.

Originally Posted by jacquie
Dayle, it would be wonderful if you would leave the row off. i have bought extra fabric and i'm going to 'sash' between all of the rows, and trail applique ivy on top of the sashing's. i think booper's row may go to the bottom, as like a 'footer' statement. her row will be perfect for that! IMHO...

i have all these idea's running through my head!! i'm going to start making my ivy soon, (the Eleanor Burns way of doing applique lol... quick & easy!!)
(i love that lady!! lol)

ohh, ladies i have a photo to show you all, do you remember recently i won some lotto blocks on another forum i'm part of (the QIAD forum) well, i recently finished putting it together. the border fabrics were a gift from a secret pal' a moda charmpack. they were PERFECT for this quilt. i just backed the quilt top with a cream fleece throw, so it will be light & soft for 'Baby Phoebe'.
Rachael loves it! my Mum is in the photo with Rachael.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Question for Boopers: When you come up for the Quilt Show ... are you and your friend going to stay overnight .... or Round Trip it in "one day"?

--- Dayle[/quote]
Dayle, We are coming up on Friday and leaving on Sunday. I will be with a quilting buddy who happens to live close by me and is a lot of fun. I am not sure yet just what our schedule is except to do the show on Saturday. I have to bring my machine up to Larry to work on.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Boopers

Question for Boopers: When you come up for the Quilt Show ... are you and your friend going to stay overnight .... or Round Trip it in "one day"?

--- Dayle
Dayle, We are coming up on Friday and leaving on Sunday. I will be with a quilting buddy who happens to live close by me and is a lot of fun. I am not sure yet just what our schedule is except to do the show on Saturday. I have to bring my machine up to Larry to work on.[/quote]

Boopers: With that being said ..... you and your friend would be welcome to stay here as our guests. We have two extra bedrooms. You can "Motel-It" here, if you wish. We will be setting-up for the Quilt Show starting at 10 AM - Friday ..... hopefully done by 4 PM ..... and of course the show is on both, Saturday and Sunday. ;) :-)

--- Dayle
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Dayle, Thank you so much for the invitation. I think we will have to pass on that this time. My oxygen concentrator is noisy and we kind of stay up late visiting with each other. Charlene works and we don't get to spend a lot of time just yakking. I really appreciate the offer but will take a rain check.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:09 PM

Okay ..... as all you gals know, I'm buried in Pincushions ..... however, while "glue" is drying I found myself an excuse to play with Jacquie's Row Robin. Haven't got all the appliqueing done yet .... have a little embroidering to do .... but thought you might like to see what has developed thus far.

-- Dayle
Attached Thumbnails attachment-174867.jpe   attachment-174868.jpe   attachment-174869.jpe  
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Dayle, I'm speechless! That is wonderful. You are very talented and have a good eye for this. I love it!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Dayle, I'm speechless! That is wonderful. You are very talented and have a good eye for this. I love it!
Thanks Joan ..... I hope Jacquie will like it. Going to put a couple of leaves on the Squirrel block .... and embroider his eye in ..... then have to applique all the leaves down.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:03 AM

Oh, that's so darling!!! Now I want a squirrel too!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:36 AM

DAYLE!!! WOW***!!!***!!!***

i'm sew happy i could cry!!
ok, crying!!

that is B E A U T I F U L ! ! ! i got my squirrel!! thank you dayle!!!
and ohhhh, the leaves!!!!!! they are scrumptious!!!!

i'm over the moon dayle, ladies!!! thank you sew much!!!
it's truly wonderful!!
Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
DAYLE!!! WOW***!!!***!!!***

i'm sew happy i could cry!!
ok, crying!!

that is B E A U T I F U L ! ! ! i got my squirrel!! thank you dayle!!!
and ohhhh, the leaves!!!!!! they are scrumptious!!!!

i'm over the moon dayle, ladies!!! thank you sew much!!!
it's truly wonderful!!
I am so glad you gals like what I'm doing for this row .... especially you, Jacquie ..... since it is "your quilt"! Was just sitting here, getting ready to have the "Good Morning Cup of Coffee" to wake me up and get me started ..... and was telling Herman (thinking of the production of this row) ..... "Wouldn't this make a fantastic all over quilt and to go along with that squirrel .... have a block here and there, with an elk deer - antelope - turkey - bear - chipmunk - etc."? OMG .... "Stop this Dayle, you've got too many projects going on right now to even be thinking this way"!