Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 03-17-2011, 05:38 PM

yes, we need to complete at least 1 'RR', EVERY YEAR from now on!! lol...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:51 PM

That's what quilter's "getaway weekends" are for. I also travel with girlfriends once or twice a year. We go to places our husbands don't want to go and we RELAX!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 PM

I would have to second all that Pattis47 said. We are so happy to have been put together on this row robin and to become friends in the process.

Originally Posted by pattis47
On behalf of all of us, Thank you for your kind words. We were strangers just a few short months ago. However, I believe this Row Robin will allow us the opportunity to continue to evolve into long lasting friendships. It has been a remarkable journey.

Originally Posted by chickadee_42us
Spent the morning beginning on page 1 of this thread. You all are remarkably talented women with terrific visualization.

Congratulations to all ~ this looks to have been a successfull round robin uh, row robin!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:05 PM

Hellooo Girls -

Surgery trip this morning went fine and Herman did good, except complaining about the patch over the one eye (says it bothers him)... it will come off in the morning and I won't have to hear about it anymore! Put the Corned Beef on for St. Paddy's Day, in the Slow Cooker before we went for surgery this AM .... we had dinner, so he's a happy boy now.

Couldn't stand it .... took a break from the "Pincushion" detail and did some undertaking on Jacquie's Row Robin. I've had a pretty good idea of what I was going to do, but wanted to see the row in person, before I started anything. What I had in mind is going to work just fine, I believe. Thought I'd give you a preview ..... got the foundation lined up ..... next will be the applique work I'm planning on. --- Dayle

Row Foundation
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171201[/ATTACH]

Close-Up of the Batik Fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171202[/ATTACH]

Some Batiks planning on using for applique work.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171203[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171196.jpe   attachment-171197.jpe   attachment-171198.jpe  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:51 PM

The fabrics are beautiful. I'm sure it will be spectacular when you are done with it!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Good to hear Hermans ok. If a man's complaining about something associated with a surgery, then he's ok. That row is looking spectacular already. Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:46 PM

glad to hear herman is bounding back! you handled it brilliantly!
what is it they say?
"a way to a man's heart is through his stomach"? you took his mind of his eye by giving him a delicious meal"!! good thinking BatMan!!
today he will onto 'brighter things'... literally.
the sun is shining here this morning! it's a beautiful spring morning, (minus the frost)
the funeral yesterday went as well as can be expected, very emotional for all. we went back to her parents house for the Wake with home cooking & baking...
such a beautiful family, such a sad occasion. a very troubled lassie who is now at peace with her self and with her maker... go bless them all...
thank you all for your thoughts & prayers yesterday...

Now Dayle! you couldn't resist huh!?! tut tut!! lol...
well, it's looking seeeeewwww scrummy & gorgeous i could cry!!
i loooooooove the fabrics! and i'm desperately trying to visualise what you have in mind! it's looking better than anything i could have hoped for!! thank you!!!

i was up late last night until 2am, after the funeral i went to collect Rachael from the airport in the afternoon. she had been down to the south of England to watch her Fiance play hockey for the Royal Navy against the RAF & Army. they won!! wooohoooooo!! (Ben is the goalie)
Rachael had been complaining of a lot of discomfort in her lower abdominal area, so i ended up taking her to Hospital. hours later after monitoring and tests they were happy to send her home. thank goodness!! our 'wee baby' is good & strong, and happy to stay where she is hopefully for the next 12 weeks!! phew!!
it took until 2am and more hand stitching for me wind down after yesterday!!
what a day!! i don't wish to repeat that one again. plus i'm still battling with my cold which is heading down to my chest now :(

i'll run a nice hot bubble bath in a minute, then start cutting some more fabric for the middle part of my 'view'. then a lovely quiet day is in order with lots of lovely hand sewing!! (i hope!)

i have to say, i am really enjoying this needle turning!! it's a good while since i did hand sewing on this scale, and i had forgotten how therapeutic is is!!
it's just what i need right now!!

have a lovely day ladies!! love jacquie xxxxx
Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 AM

Dayle,
I know how you felt when you saw the row and just needed to get to work on it.....even if only for a few hours. Happy to hear Herman is on the mend and doing well. One less worry makes for a happier quilter! I am looking forward to seeing the next part of the row. WHat you have completed so far is wonderful. The fabrics look great together.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 PM

My Jacquie, what a day you had! I wouldn't want you to ever have a repeat of that one! I'm glad your daughter and grandchild are okay. What a worry though. Take care of yourself too, we don't want that cold turning into something else. You need to keep your strength up for your "viewing". My view is all set and I'm very happy with it.
Dayle, I'm happy you and Herman survived the surgery and got to eat your St. Patrick's Day meal.
Can't wait to see Jacquie's quilt!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM

how are we doing ladies?
Betty did you decide how you might finish off your RR?
are you adding any more to it? i would love to see pics!