Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM

That smile is worth a million dollars....she is certainly a little sweety. I can understand why it was easy to say yes to that project. Her face says it all......FANTASTIC JOB!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 PM

Okay ..... thought you might like to see a close-up picture of my "Thirties Toys" and/or "Thirties Quilt Block Patterns" Theme quilt for our 2011 Row Robin.

Boopers brought it and hand delivered it to me last weekend at our Quilt Show .... and the 'plus was' we got to meet each other in person.

I am going to produce another row, along the same idea that Betty did .... and place it on top of my "first row". Then planning on making more pieced blocks to incorporate and make the borders around all of our rows. I absolutely "LOVE" how it all came together ..... and feel so honored that the results from this adventure, brought us "all" together as a circle of friendship. I am so looking forward to our "Next Adventure" together.

"Thirties Toys" - "Thirties Block Patterns" --- 2011 ROW ROBIN
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180954[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180948.jpe  
Old 04-07-2011, 02:31 PM

I will wait to see what you add to the borders, it sounds like it will be wonderful. I think it came together just wonderfully. Adding that top row will be fun for you. keep us posted, you know how nosey we are....pics in progress please.
Now on to the next "VIEW"

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Okay ..... thought you might like to see a close-up picture of my "Thirties Toys" and/or "Thirties Quilt Block Patterns" Theme quilt for our 2011 Row Robin.

Boopers brought it and hand delivered it to me last weekend at our Quilt Show .... and the 'plus was' we got to meet each other in person.

I am going to produce another row, along the same idea that Betty did .... and place it on top of my "first row". Then planning on making more pieced blocks to incorporate and make the borders around all of our rows. I absolutely "LOVE" how it all came together ..... and feel so honored that the results from this adventure, brought us "all" together as a circle of friendship. I am so looking forward to our "Next Adventure" together.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:03 PM

It looks just wonderful. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you add.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 AM

i love your idea Dayle!! Betty's row is really FUN!!! i love the colours of the 30's fabrics, and i think you will also have great fun recreating your extra rows with the same!
it is going to be a wonderful quilt when completed!!
have a lovely time playing with it!! and YES!! we want to see pics!! and lots of them!!
have fun!!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 PM

This is a "NEWS FLASH" for Jacquie:
A trip to the Post Office is being made tomorrow ... and your 2011 Row Robin quilt will be on its way home to you.

I hope you don't mind .... but I took your Row Robin and mine also to the Quilting Spuds Get-2-Gether (our mini quilting group) on Saturday ..... for my Show-N-Tell. Everyone was in "awe" seeing what all of us have done. TFquilter (QB member and in Group 6) brought the row she is working on and shared it with us also. She is a fantastic quilter and is doing a fabulous row.

--- Dayle :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 PM

What fun that you could do a show and tell with them. I wish I could have been there to see it myself.
It won't be too much longer now Jacquie!! I hope it gets to you in record time and perfect shape.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 AM

thanks ladies!!
wonderful news Dayle!!!

i can't wait to see it!! i would love to have been there also at the 'show n' tell'!!! brilliant to meet up with another quilting board member!! the rest of your group will be joining the board soon!

Dayle how is your new 'bionic man' doing now he's had his yearly 'service'???
is he now making his spool holders in double time?? lol...

we're off to see Rachael & Ben this morning to look at all their new nursery furniture which arrived last friday...
cluck, cluck, cluck!!!! lol...
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 AM

thanks ladies!!
wonderful news Dayle!!!

i can't wait to see it!! i would love to have been there also at the 'show n' tell'!!! brilliant to meet up with another quilting board member!! the rest of your group will be joining the board soon!

Dayle how is your new 'bionic man' doing now he's had his yearly 'service'???
is he now making his spool holders in double time?? lol...

we're off to see Rachael & Ben this morning to look at all their new nursery furniture which arrived last friday...
cluck, cluck, cluck!!!! lol...
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by RNUNU
This is a "NEWS FLASH" for Jacquie:
A trip to the Post Office is being made tomorrow ... and your 2011 Row Robin quilt will be on its way home to you.

I hope you don't mind .... but I took your Row Robin and mine also to the Quilting Spuds Get-2-Gether (our mini quilting group) on Saturday ..... for my Show-N-Tell. Everyone was in "awe" seeing what all of us have done. TFquilter (QB member and in Group 6) brought the row she is working on and shared it with us also. She is a fantastic quilter and is doing a fabulous row.

--- Dayle :lol: :lol: :thumbup: