Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 04-03-2011, 02:41 PM

I think you made a wise decision not posting the pictures of the row in progress. That way it was a wonderful surprise for Dayle and Herman to share with Betty. I come to think of him as one of us. He seems very interested in what she does.
Glad you and your friend had a great time at the show and meeting Dayle and Herman. You did a wonderful job on your row for her quilt. We are almost finished. This is so exciting seeing them all come the the end of their journey.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
I think you made a wise decision not posting the pictures of the row in progress. That way it was a wonderful surprise for Dale and Herman. I come to think of him as one of us. He seems very interested in what she does.
Glad you and your friend had a great time at the show and meeting Dayle and Herman. You did a wonderful job on your row for her quilt. We are almost finished. This is so exciting seeing them all come the the end of their journey.
We "Did Indeed" have a great visit with Betty and Charlene ..... and Herman feels so very honored ..... "To be accepted into our circle of friendship"!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 PM

hi ladies!!
well, i've had a busy day cutting and sewing one of the christening dresses together. the only thing i haven't done is the hem on the bottom of the dress & lining. that will get done once we've tried the dress on the little girl.
(this dress was made from the embroidered satin from the 'train' of the wedding dress.)
such a sweet dress!! and a pleasure to make as the fabric is beautiful quality! it makes such a difference to work with!!
i will have a look at doing the other dress tomorrow, then put the 2 bolero jackets together another day later in the week.

catch you all tomorrow! love jacquie xxxx

the front of the dress...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179711[/ATTACH]

the back of the dress...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-179705.jpe   attachment-179706.jpe  
Old 04-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Just beautiful Jacquie.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
hi ladies!!
well, i've had a busy day cutting and sewing one of the christening dresses together. the only thing i haven't done is the hem on the bottom of the dress & lining. that will get done once we've tried the dress on the little girl.
(this dress was made from the embroidered satin from the 'train' of the wedding dress.)
such a sweet dress!! and a pleasure to make as the fabric is beautiful quality! it makes such a difference to work with!!
i will have a look at doing the other dress tomorrow, then put the 2 bolero jackets together another day later in the week.

catch you all tomorrow! love jacquie xxxx
OMG .... Jacquie you've done one "fantastic" job! Those little dresses are going to be Masterpieces .... "never to be reproduced". Those little girls are going to really stand out in God's eyes ..... these dresses are going to be the "Whipped Cream on the Strawberry Shortcake".
Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM

Just thought I'd let you know .... especially you Jacquie .... I've been working today the appliqueing process on your row. If I must say ..... "It's coming out just beautiful, even better than I had imagined". Herman took a peek at it and he was amazed how fantastic it looks. I will post a picture of it for all of you to view, as soon as I finish it.

-- Dayle
Old 04-04-2011, 05:04 PM

jacquie,
You have done a marvelous job. The dress is just beautiful. I can't wait to see the little girl in the dress. Be sure to get a picture to post for us when she tries it on.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:05 AM

i sure will patti!

Dayle, you're making me drool!!!! lol...
can't wait to see it!! i seem to have this natural pull towards applique... very strange!
i just love the effects you get from it! but i LOVE your applique against the pieced background!! it looks even better!!!! thank you for all your time & effort!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM

i've made some pics for the baby shower, to pin on the wall of rachael & ben... what fun i had making these!! can you tell???
ROFL...

baby rachael & baby ben...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179958[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-179952.jpe  
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
i've made some pics for the baby shower, to pin on the wall of rachael & ben... what fun i had making these!! can you tell???
ROFL...
How darn cute these are!!!! GREAT idea! -- Dayle