Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM

do you know, i have been 'sew' busy with all the other block projects i haven't had time to get back to my 'autumn' quilt. i have lots of ivy made, and many more cut really. i really must get on with it!!
you're right, it will soon be autumn and it would be LOVELY to be using it then!!
i was going to have it as a wall hanging, not sure there... will decide after.
Originally Posted by pattis47
Jacquie,
Have you had time to do any of the shadow quilting on your Autumn quilt top? In a few months it will be autumn and you will be able to use it. Don't forget to post the picutres of the work in progress.

Ladies,
Has anyone else quilted their top? Don't forget to post pictures.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM

Hello everyone, thought I'd pop in and say hello. My thumb has fnally completely healed. And just as I thought I'd get back to the sewing, changed light bulbs yesterday, and one broke as I was changing it, no big deal, until I realised there was blood dripping everywhere.Arrrggghhhh!!!!
Yes, right hand pink finger. Can't even type with it, let alone hold a sewing needle.So now I wait somemore until this one heals.
Was changing light bulbs because my best friend is coming to visit
next weekend, as a "birthday sürprise".Was only a surprise for a short while. I have children who tell me everything!
Have all 5 houses cut out and fused, waiting to be sewn.Will get to it just as soon as it's comfortable. In the meantime, I'm going to get started on cutting out the Cat row, and fusing it down, so that at least I'll be able to make a start soon.
Can't wait to see your finished quilts.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM

My goodness Lindyline! You are having some bad luck with those fingers of yours!! Please take care of yourself.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Oh Linda,
Hope you are feeling better. It will be exciting to see your row that shows all of our houses. I am really interested in seeing what you have been able to do with the photos. Take care and post pictures when you are able.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:40 PM

awwww, sorry to hear your fingers have yet again been in the wars!!!!
poor little fingers!!!
at least you're still getting rows sorted to a degree!
have fun with the party!!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM

i've managed to add a few ivy leaves onto the zigzag stemming i did a while ago...
thank you patti for the 'boot up the behouchie'!!! i needed it... :lol: lol
here are a few pics, just for starters... i still need to do some detail stitching as well.
Jacquie,
Have you had time to do any of the shadow quilting on your Autumn quilt top? In a few months it will be autumn and you will be able to use it. Don't forget to post the picutres of the work in progress.

Ladies,
ivy with border fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231990[/ATTACH]

ivy corner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231991[/ATTACH]

closer...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231992[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-231984.jpe   attachment-231985.jpe   attachment-231986.jpe  
Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 AM

WOW, you have done an amazing job. I love the Ivy you are adding to the border. It looks like you have a great deal of hand stitching in your future. I can't wait to see how it progresses. Are you still working overnights? Can you take you hand stitching with you to work on while your charge is sleeping? That would be wonderful, if you had that opportunity. Keep us posted on how it progresses.

Originally Posted by jacquie
i've managed to add a few ivy leaves onto the zigzag stemming i did a while ago...
here are a few pics, just for starters... i still need to do some detail stitching as well.
Jacquie,

Ladies,
Old 07-31-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
Jacquie,

Ladies,
WOW ..... Your quilt is going to be a "Knock-Out" for sure!

I have got to get busy and work on my "Thirties Quilt" (have a lot of it already cut out) .... but managed to get myself absolutely "buried" in this and that around here and can't seem to find a window to just plain sit down and get to it. I got so frustrated about his very subject the other day .... Herman couldn't even talk to me. :roll: :thumbdown:

Dayle
Old 07-31-2011, 10:34 AM

hi, i do still have 2 N/S a week, but i 'doze' in-between helping the old chap when he 'rises'. so. no sewing is happening there. i'm allowed to 'dose' as i sometimes have a small shift the next morning.
the ivy is machine stitched down, so hopefully i will be able to get it attached quite quickly. this was my first sample batch of sewing down and it didn't take me too long! i was wondering if i should have it only the corners... what do you think?? do you think it would be 'too much' if it were to go the entire way around the quilt?
mmm, not sure. have a think...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 AM

Just my opinion now, but I think it would look nice with the ivy just in the corners.