Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 AM

How sweet!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM

Welcome to your new home/thank you for being such a wonderful hostess - I'm looking forward to all your new creations.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 PM

ok your dying to see the fabrics.. no you cant have any. all hostess niceness went zoom right out the window. A special thank again to Jacie, Kiffie, Marich52, Arizonakat, Sikesjj, Yosamitesa, dabbler, Jan N, Skaduzy, one mystery swapper who put a lovely hot pink stickie on my fabric and of course.. themamahauser for setting this all up. I was surprised! [ATTACH=CONFIG]422761[/ATTACH] and of course here is a pic of that little present I received from the dh. Its now hanging in the bedroom, I call him.. Wall-ie. thankfully I am only in there in the dark. I think it moves when I am not looking.[ATTACH=CONFIG]422762[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails moon-001.jpg   moon-005.jpg  
Old 07-06-2013, 03:52 PM

What is that thing??? I'm so glad you loved everything. Enjoy your strawberries.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 PM

Its the beaver pelt my dh brought me as a special gift remember he brings me true 'special' gifts leave me speechless sometimes I smile and put them on the shelf with the 'other special gifts'. its like having a little boy who comes home with treasures and well this is that boy all grown up. (not really I think he never grew up).
Old 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM

Linda, What a neat stash you got. I see the one I sent hiding in there. :-) I was hoping you would post a picture. Was a great idea mamahauser had way back when...:-) I really like Wall-E. Your DH finds unique gifts. So glad you are getting settled in. I am so far behind on everything, I think I am in first place. Two trips to Colorado in 6 weeks really has messed with my quilting time.Oh well, there is always winter on the way. The latest runners are simply beautiful. You did a great swap, Linda!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 AM

Brat,
So happy you like all your fabrics!
Um, your "special gift" giving hubby gives "special" gifts like mine..my "pet name" (pardon the pun) for my dh is Jed Clampett.. I will try and post a pic of the "special gift" my dh gave me, it's hanging on soffitt area above my sewing machines/quilting room..he even framed "it" behind plexiglass..it's a prairie rattlesnake that he got before it got him!
I have to admit Wall-ie is definitely "special"!!
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 07-07-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:09 AM

Ooh! Ooh! I see batik! (Grabs it & hugs it & smiles sweetly...."I could borrow it, right?" )

You lucky girl! What a nice package!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:33 AM

I have another missing in action partner. that makes two this swap out of 35. I know it could be worse but this really irks me. Nancy in Louisiana is now left without a trade and I would like all of you who swap to consider if anything ever happens to you and say your seriously sick.. have someone anyone in your family post for you that you just are seriously unable to fulfill your commitment. I have done this and had my daughter post for me when I was hospitalized. Its like if you were working you would have someone let your work know you won't be in and why. Sigh.. you guys are not the issue obviously. I think I am lucky to have so many reliable players and you deserve a serious THANK YOU for making this a fun swap. I couldnt be happier with everyone.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 AM

Wonderful stash Brat - I'm eyeing the red batik - it's beautiful. Your Wall-ie is original and bless the dear man that brings unexpected gifts - means he's thoughtful. Imagine back in the day beaver pelts were whip stitched into a coat or made into a hat to keep the wearer warm - just think how many it took to make one coat and the weight of the thing. Our local historical society has both beaver and buffalo hide coats - heavy!!!