Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 10-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Got the top of my project done for Grandma Di - now just to quilt and bind - here's a peek

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443436[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tm_web.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Cheesehead - awesome quilt you got from Jaba - I love it!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:44 AM

OHHH that red/black is stunning!! grand job I want to see MORE!!! I am so inspired by the color combos we all take when interpreting the theme..

I was asked today in email what the next swap will be.. I was thinking Valentines and what??? I know what the heck brat we aren't even close to done with this one.. but the inquiring minds are asking and well what say you grand quilters of table runners???
Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 AM

Instead of Valentines (since it's such a short 'season'), how about something SPRING? That way it can be used longer..whacha think?
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 AM

We could focus on the lesser-known holidays -- Groundhog Day, President's Day, my birthday ... March coming in like a lion or a lamb ....
Old 10-27-2013, 11:06 AM

I like the idea of either a Valentine or continue the winter theme - if you did/got a Christmas theme one on this one - a winter theme one would be great or you could select Valentine.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:27 AM

I will have to think on it so many great ideas and heck we could all do a likethedog birthday runner lol.. this swap will be done about Valentines day so maybe that isn't a good theme.. Sign ups right after Christmas closing early Jan.. so a six week turn around. no one seems to like 4 weeks.. not to say you cant finish early right? .. means .. oh dear thinking time is upon me. I loved the doll quilt we did this month its theme was the golden flicker of candlelight and it really pushed the people to think on how to interpret that. wonder if we could do a table runner with a different theme .. or maybe that is just too hard.. um love the lion or lamb thing but wonder if that is too tough for everyone.. but something like that.. this is a swap by the BRAT so who knows what I might toss out there. traditional theme and a... something theme.. that is whats going to happen. ah the wheels are spinning.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Well, I'm in a quandry. I finished two runners, planning to send the best one to Kiffie. They are quite different, but each one is a decent size that will fit through someone's kitchen door, unlike the practice one that went astray. I think they are both pretty.

I took them to the office so my friends there could help me choose. One said she likes B better, so I should send B. Another said she thinks A is more colorful, and Texans like colorful things, so I should send A. A third said she likes B best, so I should send A, hinting mightily that I would then have B left to give to someone else -- I wonder who?

So, Kiffie, which one? Which one? I may have to flip a Coca-Cola cap and see whether it's heads or tails.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 PM

Having seen both well Kiffie is going to hate them both. Yup she hates them. I know so best send them both to me save her the trouble of what to do with them. See how easy that is? we could just magically disappear so she cant find us and if I hide them under my big candy bowl she will never look there so there is an way we can do this..

Jaba is off getting her appointments through up in Montana tomorrow. She went up today due to horrible weather. I hope you all keep her in your thoughts and prayers that the doctors can come up with a solution she is comfortable with and that is safe for her to have done on her back. Its a very scary thing this whole process. I feel like a smothering hen worrying.. cant fix it myself darned it. She is one tough cookie ..
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM

I wanted to post that I am relieved to find that Jan has returned from her doctors appointments safely from Montana. The weather was very bad when she went and she had to drive through some cruddy stuff to get home today. This makes me very happy to report to you. I believe she got some new news and she will share what she feels up to when she recovers from her long crazy experience. WELCOME HOME JAN!! XOX