Fabric postcard swap

Old 11-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

I was the same way LoupEsprit. Your card is very pretty. You did a great job on it. I am sure they will be happy with it.
I could have done more on mine, but wasn't sure until I got it done. lol.. I think I was afraid to do much more. lol....
I should have taken a picture of mine closer up, because I didn't have good light, and it looks smaller than the actual card. LoupEsprit did you paper piece yours? It is so pretty. I am trying to learn to paper piece.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:58 PM

I agree with Loup. Use whatever sort of textile artform inspires you as long as it's 4" x 6" when you're finished, you're golden. If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to check out Pinterest for ideas or simply google Fabric postcards and you'll get tons of ideas! Any other questions, please yell!

Here's our update:

MAILED:

Billi

LoupEsprit

Jclinganrey

Sewred

Judee0624

JuneBillie

Keep the pictures coming!!

Jane
Old 11-21-2014, 02:02 PM

There are no 'blunders' with this kind of project. I know I need to work on my edges more next time and am not trying to beat myself up over it. We're all learning together, right?? Most importantly - - - - have fun!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:09 PM

I have an idea I want to run past everyone & get your feedback. For a future FPC, I was thinking of including the use of fine tulle as a final top cover and enclosing 'confetti' of some kind. I hope you can picture this in your mind; adding some confetti and covering it w/ tulle then sewing the edges. I saw a picture and thought it looked really cool. Can you imagine receiving a postcard with confetti??

Let me know what you think or if you think I'm crazy - -- ---

Jane
Old 11-21-2014, 04:07 PM

I like that idea a lot. that would be pretty on a Valentine's day one or a Winter one with confetti snowflakes!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Here is my finished postcard for my special person Billi. I hope you like it Billi, and I apologize for any blunders on it. Since it was my first time blindly making one (lol) it was awkward, but still lots of fun.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499781[/ATTACH]

My husband kindly took it to the post office for me, and he is there as I write.
It doesn't really show much in this pic, but I used a lot of gold metallic thread on it.
You have nothing to be worried about that is cute as heck and I am looking forward to seeing in my mailbox. Thank you very much
Old 11-21-2014, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I was the same way LoupEsprit. Your card is very pretty. You did a great job on it. I am sure they will be happy with it.
I could have done more on mine, but wasn't sure until I got it done. lol.. I think I was afraid to do much more. lol....
I should have taken a picture of mine closer up, because I didn't have good light, and it looks smaller than the actual card. LoupEsprit did you paper piece yours? It is so pretty. I am trying to learn to paper piece.
Mine isn't paper pieces; I haven't been brave enough to try it yet! The trees are appliquéd felt and the darker details are acrylic paint. I really mixed my medias on this one!
Old 11-22-2014, 07:55 PM

Loup - I received my postcard and it's wonderful! Thank you!

Jane
Old 11-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

Jane I seen a post card online too that had a part of it with netting and the confetti inside. It was really cute.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:14 PM

Received my fantastic card from JuneBillie today thank you so very much I love sunflowers
Attached Thumbnails 2014-11-25-18.12.50.jpg