Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-11-2015, 05:08 PM

Thank-you Bullock2us, I received my side swap ugly package. I love all of the fabric. My sister will be the proud owner of a quilt with the ugly fabric next year. She likes pink and I like purple, so it's a perfect fabric to make a quilt for her. Thank-you for swapping with me. At this time unsure if I can send pic from my I-pad. I'll try tomorrow to post the pic.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 PM

I love all the pics being shared, and I love most of the fabrics.. Tho I kinda have to agree with Patches that the Southwest style fabric is a tad "unpretty". . Good job on that one Peg!!

I received 2 more surprise pkgs in the mail today, really, y'all are all too good to me!!
Cheesehead shared what else, but Packers fabric...And her card was addressed to myself and dh.
Cheesehead, from myself and dh, a big thank you!! It was nice to see the smile on his face when I shared the card and fabric with him!

Peg sent me 3 beautiful fqs, and one green fabric that is long enough to make nice borders, maybe around a table runner...Thank you Peg for all of them..love the metallic one, and the cream moire is so much prettier in person..sorry my pic doesn't do it justice.
Here's a couple of pics:[ATTACH=CONFIG]509843[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]509844[/ATTACH]

I wish my words could convey how much it means to me just to know y'all care. Really, I'm so grateful for everyone's encouragement and thoughtfulness. {{hugs}}

Warmest Regards,
Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20150211_222731.jpg   img_20150211_222808.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-11-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:38 AM

Wow what great packages being shown! I am in love with that fabric with the florals on it. I think wow that would look great on my mothers quilt. I am doing a memory quilt and that would be awesome! lol. surely NOT an ugly fabric but kiffie.. that packers fabric.. omg. lol surely a specific sorta love. I refuse to make a Raiders quilt for steve. I will NOT look at that on my bed. Military stuff is enough for me. red/white and blue. thank you. I have limits and that's one of them.

ok sign ups for next month start next week! hope we get all our fat quarters in and uglies in by then. crossing fingers.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:50 AM

I received a great package from Peg. Will post pictures soon!

Thanks -

Jane
Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 AM

I received my pkg from peginCo yesterday. She does the nicest swaps and they are always blended with cute little scrappy strips around the pkg. and always an extra. And I do love the monkeys. :0 Can't wait for Monday to show Baby Willa, she will love it too. Now I need to figure out what I'll make for her with it. (or me).
Thank you so much and I will mail yours today. Lots of unexpected things going on in our life at this time. Need to get my head cleared. When you don't feel good, things don't get done. And I apologize for that.

You are so patient, Peg, and I thank you for that. Will try to post pictures this afternoon. Have dreaded errands to do this a.m.

Blessings, my friend.
Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM

No worries! Life comes first, and I'm in no big hurry!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:45 AM

I received my "ugly" swap from ljdugas yesterday. I can't say it's ugly though........I think I can use this! I'm thinking a pink and white quilt with some navy accents. She also sent a beautiful little notebook. Thanks so much!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509867[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-12-2015, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Wow what great packages being shown! I am in love with that fabric with the florals on it. I think wow that would look great on my mothers quilt. I am doing a memory quilt and that would be awesome! lol. surely NOT an ugly fabric but kiffie.. that packers fabric.. omg. lol surely a specific sorta love. I refuse to make a Raiders quilt for steve. I will NOT look at that on my bed. Military stuff is enough for me. red/white and blue. thank you. I have limits and that's one of them.

ok sign ups for next month start next week! hope we get all our fat quarters in and uglies in by then. crossing fingers.
Cheesehead and my dh and ds share a love for Green Bay Packers. As far as Cheesehead, well she lives part time in Wisconsin... As far as my dh and ds, in my family, they're lovingly known as the traitors...since we live in Dallas Cowboys country...lol..

Brat, I made (coerced by my ddil) a football shaped quilt for my son, using minky dot and Packers fabric.. then when I found out I was going to have a grandson, I made a smaller version for him. Here's a link to a pic of my son's:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/football-shaped-blanket-t201620.html

Regards,
Kif
Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 AM

Tlambing,
Hmmm...I can't decide if it's "unpretty" or not... I think it looks like a fabric that should be made from polyester instead of being 100% cotton... Now why in the world that's the case is beyond me...lol.
Can't wait to see what you make from it...
K
Old 02-12-2015, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Tlambing,
Hmmm...I can't decide if it's "unpretty" or not... I think it looks like a fabric that should be made from polyester instead of being 100% cotton... Now why in the world that's the case is beyond me...lol.
Can't wait to see what you make from it...
K
The only thing about it is that the OCD in my wants to fill in the lines. It kind of has that old fashioned printer is almost out of ink look.