Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-12-2015, 05:18 PM

Found it….. finally!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:05 PM

Well I'm a bit behind!!! I just caught up on days and days of posts. I've been consumed with a project, making two quilts for a friend for her step children for Valentines Day. Delivered them today. She loved them but didn't pay me what we'd talked about. This is my first time taking money for my work. I just couldn't say to her....ummm money? So I gave her the quilts. Bought lunch. Was driving home and was so bugged. I called her and laughed "We were having such a good time at lunch I forgot to get the money for them" She said, "oh I'm embarrassed I though you were giving them to me..." OHMYGosh!! She's suppose to be putting a money order in the mail tomorrow. Gosh!! I'll get my FQs mailed tomorrow. They're all bagged.

I love you all. You're just so sweet to each other. Brat!!!! We love you most and it's ok that we worry about you. And Kiffie too!!! You're always so sweet to everyone! Sometimes life is full of lemons! I heard a thought the other night. "Be not afraid, only believe." I think that's my new motto!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
The only thing about it is that the OCD in my wants to fill in the lines. It kind of has that old fashioned printer is almost out of ink look.
Now those last two quotes from tlambing and Kiffy are funny!!!! ahahahah LMAO.

Last edited by sewellie; 02-12-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:42 PM

I got my uglies in the mail! And I think TLambing did a great job finding some unpretties. Hopefully chopped up, they will be fine - like in 2.5" candies maybe. But she was so sweet and gave me some PERFECT shamrock fabric and an adorable snail measuring tape. This swap was a blast!!!! I would totally do it again. - arrghh. Can't get file to upload. Will try again in morning. Must be braking my phone by the sight of them.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:52 PM

Vitality,
I had a pkg I sent to Jaba go mia, first (and only, so far) time it's ever happened.. As far as she and I know, its still mia. What made it worse is she'd sent me some extra fabrics I'd admired, and I'd enclosed extras in her pkg (like 2 yrds extra).
And even though I sent the pkg priority mail, and it supposedly had the insurance, it didn't do an iota of good. I've written to the post office, Jaba's checked with them. I filed a "lost pkg" complaint. Basically all I got was a "Sorry, but we can't do anything...". reply. So I resent her another pkg, thankfully she got it.

SheriR,
I know how hard that must've been for you to have to call her up about what she should've already paid you. I don't mean to be rude, but sometimes I'm astonished at the audacity of some people. And also at how people who don't quilt don't realize how much time it takes, and what that time would be equal to monetarily. Not to mention fabrics, batting, threads, needles, etc. costs... There's no way to reimburse someone their actual costs, as it really would be expensive if a quilter charged the REAL prices..
If I'd been her, I would've probably said, "Oh my gosh, I forgot...". But I wouldn't have added the thought you were giving them to me part... Honestly saying that would've embarrassed me.

Ellie,
Happy to give you a laugh!!

Regards all,
Kif
Old 02-12-2015, 10:02 PM

For some reason, hmmmm, I got all twisted around and now I'm not sure if I sent everything I was supposed to to who I was supposed to. I think PeginCo was the last one I owed, and I have pm'ed her and have mailed her FQ's (I think). So if I missed someone, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know and I will make it right. So far, the last 2 days have been "fairly normal," whatever that is, so hopefully I will do better next month. So again, please let me know.

I sent one ugly on 2/4 and have not been notified if it was received or not. Hopefully she got it, would hate for someone to open something so ugly and have a heart attack.

Thank you one and all for being so patient with me.

Ellie (aka sewellie)
Old 02-12-2015, 10:32 PM

Yeah Kif, it looks like they delivered it to somewhere in a different zip code and different town name than what was on the package! So either it's somehow weirdly where it's supposed to be and just looks weird on the tracking info (doubtful), it's completly lost, it got delivered to the wrong place the recipients have sent it on its way back to me, or it got delivered to the wrong place and the recipients kept it.

The absolute worst would be if this ugly fabric arrived back on my doorstep AFTER I've already sent out a new package to my person lol.... I don't want that fabric back!

Waiting to to hear back from my swap person before I do anything lol
Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 AM

Vitality you crack me up! lol.. yeah I wouldn't want my ugly fabric back either.

There were so many postings its hard to keep up! Sheri that whole cost reimbursement for selling a quilt is such a fine line with friends. Its too.. hard to sell to a friend for me. Its much easier to just gift to them and sell to strangers. go to craft fairs, things like that sell your heart out. all strangers all with easy to see price tags on them. people want them or they don't. heck, its crazy but perhaps you work out a cost for making a quilt next time including your time and give them a contract when you start. just tell them including your friends this is just for your records and 25 percent due at beginning or 50 percent due.. so you get at least the cost of the fabric covered! it is a real commitment and often you find people say oh I want one I would pay you for that then reality hits and its oh.. so cover yourself upfront. I paid a quilt store for quilting my quilt. 50 percent up front. just a thought but bummer and hope it doesn't put pressure on your friendship that makes it weird for a while.

Vitality I know that packages go wandering. It has happened to me too. Frustration central! good luck with service I can say UPS is way better than the postal service when it comes to tracking and information but that is just my opinion. also in reimbursements.

does everyone think spring should be the theme for next month? or do you want to go farther out and do just flowers? or pastel anything? what is the choice for the next swap. post your replies so we can pick our March swap .. easter is the side swap so no posts for easter please
Old 02-13-2015, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fiestypixy View Post
I got my uglies in the mail! And I think TLambing did a great job finding some unpretties. Hopefully chopped up, they will be fine - like in 2.5" candies maybe. But she was so sweet and gave me some PERFECT shamrock fabric and an adorable snail measuring tape. This swap was a blast!!!! I would totally do it again. - arrghh. Can't get file to upload. Will try again in morning. Must be braking my phone by the sight of them.
WHAT! I'm offended! ..............NOT!
I have succeeded!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:25 AM

Man, that fabric I sent was truly hideous. I'm not sure I have anything comparably aesthetically offensive.

I guess I'll just have to dig around in my stash.. lol … hopefully my swap person gets my message soon. I don't want her to think she was being left out if she didn't get it!