Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
Any news from Brat/Linda yet?
I am waiting anxiously for news as well.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:43 PM

I am thinking that no one is taking this ugly swap quite as seriously as I am. The pictures I have seen of the "Uglies" that were swapped......were not really so ugly.

My partners.....you've been warned.....
Old 02-06-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
I am waiting anxiously for news as well.
Jaba posted on the Mug Rug swap that Brat is still pretty tired and has stitches in both arms. She could still use those loving thoughts and prayers to those who are so inclined.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:15 PM

LOL You are not alone! The stuff I sent is OOOOOGLAY! hehehhe

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
I am thinking that no one is taking this ugly swap quite as seriously as I am. The pictures I have seen of the "Uglies" that were swapped......were not really so ugly.

My partners.....you've been warned.....
Old 02-06-2015, 03:05 PM

I hate to hear about our Brat. One bright spot is she's a tough cookie. And she's got too much she still wants to do, so I know she may be down, but she's not out..
I'm still praying and I love ya, my QB friend!

Fiestypixy sent some pretty greens, and cute pattern.

Patchesnposies, I can't wait to see "ugly" fabrics you sent..lol...

Oneteappot,
That quilt is darling!

Lastly, I didn't know where to put this, so I'm going with here.

I received a large box in the mail just a few minutes ago. I knew I had to withdraw from swaps this month and I haven't been buying anything..so I had no clue what it could be... Until I see a lil angel drawn on it, and Vitality's name on the address. Inside was a huge box of wonderful"Ness". And a note saying since I couldn't participate in this month's swaps, now I wouldn't feel left out.

Vita,
Some people have a gift, a gift for knowing what to do when others lives feel like they're in an uproar, they're spinning, and they don't know what to do. You have that gift. Sometimes I don't think words can express what the heart feels. I can only say Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and for a bit my world has steadied...
Here's a pic of what was in the pkg, so many wonderful things:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509072[/ATTACH]

Regards all,
Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20150206_164748.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 03:28 PM

Wow, Kif, you had better know that you deserve this box of wonderfulness. Vita, why didn't you tell us you are really an angel in disguise? Big Hugs to Both of You. (((()))) You two make the world a better place.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:29 PM

You are most welcome The kifster cannot be left out due to circumstances beyond her control. Thats what I say. I made the pouch and the heat/cold pack thingie. I tried to make it big enough that it can drape on your neck & shoulders but not too big to be to heavy for your eyes if you want to use it like that. I put in the card what herbs are in it in case there are any allergy concerns. It was so fun making the stuff. And then I threw in some other stuff, some cool stuff that I had been so kindly sent by others but wasn't thinking I needed, and some stuffs from my stash-o-goodies. I remembered you liked that valentines envelope fabric. Anyways, I'm glad it cheered you up a bit and hope you have fun with the fun stuff, pamper yourself with the pampering stuff and eat the candy LOL *hugs*
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 PM

​BRAT UPDATE:
I heard from Ms. Brat. She's tired, but doing ok everything condidered.
On her surgery, they tried to find blood supply to transpose, for her dialysis port.. tried under each of her arms. Unfortunately neither worked as her blood was clotting too quickly. So she has stitches under both arms, and it's a tad rough to do things with her arms...typing is one of them, so I told her I'd update because so many of us here on QB care about how she is.
She said other than that, there's nothing new to report. She's waiting to hear from more Drs. on the next steps. As of now, she will continue getting her dialysis through the port in her chest.
She wants everyone to know she's hanging in, misses everyone, and she should be back posting probably Sunday evening.
Jaba's handling swap stuff, and a big thank you to her for that!

From myself for her, I'd just ask for continued prayers, thoughts, well wishes, whatever you're comfortable with...
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-06-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
From myself for her, I'd just ask for continued prayers, thoughts, well wishes, whatever you're comfortable with...
Regards,
Kif
You bet! Thanks, Kif and Jaba for the updates. Continued prayers, Brat!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
I hate to hear about our Brat. One bright spot is she's a tough cookie. And she's got too much she still wants to do, so I know she may be down, but she's not out..
I'm still praying and I love ya, my QB friend!

Fiestypixy sent some pretty greens, and cute pattern.

Patchesnposies, I can't wait to see "ugly" fabrics you sent..lol...

Oneteappot,
That quilt is darling!

Lastly, I didn't know where to put this, so I'm going with here.

I received a large box in the mail just a few minutes ago. I knew I had to withdraw from swaps this month and I haven't been buying anything..so I had no clue what it could be... Until I see a lil angel drawn on it, and Vitality's name on the address. Inside was a huge box of wonderful"Ness". And a note saying since I couldn't participate in this month's swaps, now I wouldn't feel left out.

Vita,
Some people have a gift, a gift for knowing what to do when others lives feel like they're in an uproar, they're spinning, and they don't know what to do. You have that gift. Sometimes I don't think words can express what the heart feels. I can only say Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and for a bit my world has steadied...
Here's a pic of what was in the pkg, so many wonderful things:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509072[/ATTACH]

Regards all,
Kif
WOWZERS, Those two purple fabrics are .... Well, wowzers is all I can say. Wish I knew where to get some of that. Vita, what a wonderful gift. You really are an angel incognito.

Thanks for the update on Brat, Kandy. Have had her in my prayers.
Elli