Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-07-2015, 03:28 PM

Bullock2us, I received your Ugly swap and I have to confess that you have failed completely. sigh.

I must be hopelessly out of date because I LOVED the fabrics you sent. LOL

Okay. The one with the grapes is a "possible maybe", but y'know not entirely ugly.....

Thanks so much! I appreciate your generosity.

Your uglies go out on Monday!

What does everyone else think? Ugly? Or, not so ugly?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509214[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ugly-swap-fabrics-001.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 04:12 PM

Well- I hope you can put them to good use. To me they are (or were) the uglies in my life-just not my style. I know I am kind of weird- I am not into the big flowers and fruits-but there are alot of people that like them. Alot of stuff that I make is for younger kids and they like the novelty and camoflouge and stuff-so that is what I am used to. Hope everyone can post pix of what they make with their"uglies"
Old 02-07-2015, 08:14 PM

Um, the brown with yellow, orange, red flowers is a wee bit "not pretty"
But what's funny, is the one with the grapes is the one I kinda like! Lol.
Too, too fun this swap is...
And Ginger, you're so very right. It's been a BIG wake-up call to me..
Kif
Old 02-07-2015, 08:33 PM

Default March FQ Swap

I'm going to keep trying and trying to post pictures until I get it right!
I got the most awesome FQ's today from cuppy. And, of course, Baby Willa picked out what she wanted for a "bag." ") So I guess you know, she will get a "bag." She had an old one of mine, it was plastic, and not very pretty. But when her and papa go to the post office she gets to put the mail in her bag and bring it home to me. Now she will have a "pretty bag" to get the mail in. I will post a picture when it's done and you can see the fabric she chose.

Okay, here goes:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509241[/ATTACH]Well, yippi skippy, it worked. Cuppy, you must have read my name page because I collect little journals. And this one is adorable. The card was perfect, and I have one lemon drop left over and I saved the chocolate bar for tomorrow. All in all, thank you so very much. Yours will be in the mail tomorrow. It's packaged and ready to go. Took me long enough, huh? Sorry.

And thanks again to you Teresa (tlambing) for all your help on posting pictures! You Rock, Girl.

Hugs, Ellie (aka sewellie)
Attached Thumbnails photo-7-.jpg  

Last edited by sewellie; 02-07-2015 at 08:35 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 02-07-2015, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Um, the brown with yellow, orange, red flowers is a wee bit "not pretty"
But what's funny, is the one with the grapes is the one I kinda like! Lol.
Too, too fun this swap is...
And Ginger, you're so very right. It's been a BIG wake-up call to me..
Kif
This is too funny… it really all is in the eye of the beholder… the brown one was the only one I liked from that group!

My FQ partner and Uglies partner should have gotten their stuff yesterday and today…. hope they got it.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509188[/ATTACH]It is true-one woman's uglies are another ones treasure. I received these uglies from Tracy Johnson-sorry don't know the board name. There was only one that was not my type! But I will pass it on or give it to my Mom. Thanks Tracy!

Also-if anyone is still in need of a partner-just let me know -I am always willing to trade!
Hugs, blessings and prayers to all of you in need of them right now!
Glad you liked them because I didn't!!! The only regret I have is that there is more left!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:08 PM

Yep. Just checked tracking… both delivered. Mission accomplished
Old 02-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok I am sorta back I am not feeling much into typing. I received this morning no less than 52 emails of which 40 were troubles people had. I thought I had clearly stated I was GONE for a few days for surgery. I also thought Jaba would hear from you yet everyone wrote to me. It is frustrating. I left knowing things were covered and came back to a mail box from hell. I apologize if I forgot you. I truly did not do it on purpose. Thank you for the emails I did receive saying you sent things. To those who didn't get a partner this month I will work harder at making sure you get one next month. I can do no more than that. I am tired, frustrated with surgery and with the quilting board right now. I get an email stating you wrote to me three times. If I am gone I am gone. simple as that in future there will be no swaps when I am out of town to limit that problem. I had surgery 10 times last year. NOT BY CHOICE truly. I am doing what I can do stay here. I apologize for writing this to you but I hope in the future there is not this trouble again or someone will have to permanently take over these swaps for me who is in better health.

Please put a posting on RIGHT Now if you still want a swap partner. someone will grab you I am sure. everyone loves this swap and loves the fun of swapping mystery items. I know there are at least three of you who would like to swap with others but I am finished this month handling it so asking all of you to please responsibly take it over from here for the March fat quarter and ugly swap. post away and someone will take you! honest! its that simple! thanks again for all the help Kiffie and Jaba gave to me for helping on this swap. it means a lot to have help!
I think I sent you a pm and I am truly sorry. I knew you were goi g to be gone - but I didn't realize you were having surgery. I can only speak for myself - but I can only plead ignorance since I am a newbie. I wish you the best in your recovery and am truly sorry that I might have contributed to the Avalanche of pms. many prayers as you recover.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Bullock2us, I received your Ugly swap and I have to confess that you have failed completely. sigh.

I must be hopelessly out of date because I LOVED the fabrics you sent. LOL

Okay. The one with the grapes is a "possible maybe", but y'know not entirely ugly.....

Thanks so much! I appreciate your generosity.

Your uglies go out on Monday!

What does everyone else think? Ugly? Or, not so ugly?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509214[/ATTACH]
i would have been happy with all of these. Great for ISpy quilts. I don't really like the one on the bottom left with the purple leaves - but I'm sure cut up it'll be great.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:28 PM

I especially liked the 2 metallic ones- I like metallics. As you can guess-my least favorite was the old fashioned flowers one.