Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=Patchesnposies;7081460]Bullock2us, I received your Ugly swap and I have to confess that you have failed completely. sigh.

I must be hopelessly out of date because I LOVED the fabrics you sent. LOL

Okay. The one with the grapes is a "possible maybe", but y'know not entirely ugly.....

Thanks so much! I appreciate your generosity.

Your uglies go out on Monday!

What does everyone else think? Ugly? Or, not so ugly?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509214[/ATTACH][/QI likdiiUOTE]

I kind of like the green, purple,and pink leaves one. I think it's very pretty.
This is way tooooooo fun. >)
Old 02-08-2015, 05:46 AM

Received my great package from bullock2us

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509267[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 08:48 AM

good morning! I apologize for losing it yesterday. I was overwhelmed and over tired. I should not have taken it out on the group and when I had an issue with someone I should have directed it in a pm to them.

I am good to go with running your swaps keep me here as long as I am alive. It gives me a reason. Dumb isn't it? but being here on the board, running swaps.. keep my mind as alert as I can get it and keeps me from thinking of me which is a marvelous thing. So thanks for letting me run your swaps. not perfect but.. still fun I hope.

thanks to kiffie for your kind words. You always say nice things about EVERYONE. wow. I wish I was nearly that good!

ok so far where are the UGLIES? I see floral, grapes, small prints.. all quiet usable in my minds eye. remember a big picture full of flowers and grapes cuts down to pink and purples not necessarily the print. I have seen the ugliest fabrics come to me for swaps make me a block! and then cut them up sewed them together with another fabric or two and darn it if its not ugly at all. I learned a lot doing this and am thinking most of you can see that also. ok wwf wrestling fabric with mean faces all over it.. uh no. that one has no hope. and those.. beef hunk fabrics. cute but realistic for daily use? probably not . the rest however are all hopeful. love what you are all trading this month. Next month I am doing a mystery mug rug. I wont announce it until its on the board here for sign ups so be sure to watch for that one. I think this next month here on the swap we will do Easter as side swaps and another swap for regular since there isn't much time between when we send and receive and Easter. what do you say to this?
Old 02-08-2015, 09:08 AM

Oh I love Easter fabric-also spring fabric-like pastels! I pretty much love all fabric! Thanks for the heads up Brat-I have to take my Mom to Utah to the doctor next week and she loves fabric as much as I do. QS here we come! So much for my trying to use up some of my stash.Also get to go to Hobby Lobby-yay! Rumor has it that they are supposed to be putting one in Idaho Falls which is 1/2 hour away from me . I hope it is true!I enjoy making mug rugs-but me and binding are not yet good friends so I have not joined the mug rug swap yet. Anything that requires binding is not yet my friend. Someday.
Brat-you have to admit that one brown one I sent out was pretty darn ugly! The others were uglies to me but I thought that was the ugliest. My other partner is also getting some pretty ugly stuff too (in my mind)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:12 AM

I think a side of Easter as a swap is a wonderful idea, Linda. I didn't feel at all like you took anything out on the group, you said what needed to be said. I felt so bad for you coming home to face an inbox full of grouchiness.

I can't even think of the words to express my admiration for you. You are so strong, cheerful and endlessly optimistic in the faced of so much adversity.

I hope you are feeling better.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
Oh I love Easter fabric-also spring fabric-like pastels! I pretty much love all fabric! Thanks for the heads up Brat-I have to take my Mom to Utah to the doctor next week and she loves fabric as much as I do. QS here we come! So much for my trying to use up some of my stash.Also get to go to Hobby Lobby-yay! Rumor has it that they are supposed to be putting one in Idaho Falls which is 1/2 hour away from me . I hope it is true!I enjoy making mug rugs-but me and binding are not yet good friends so I have not joined the mug rug swap yet. Anything that requires binding is not yet my friend. Someday.
Brat-you have to admit that one brown one I sent out was pretty darn ugly! The others were uglies to me but I thought that was the ugliest. My other partner is also getting some pretty ugly stuff too (in my mind)
Ginger, come and join us in the mug rug swaps! I am an awful "binder". (It puts me in a real bind! lol Ba dum bump!) I have wimped out on every binding I have made. There are lots of different ways to bind and I was directed to the Missouri Quit Company's tutorials by so many ladies on the swap thread. I have yet to spend any real time watching them, but plan to. So, I know when my life settles I will be able to conquer BINDINGS.

Do not let them keep you from the fun!
Old 02-08-2015, 11:44 AM

Goodness, I'm off the board for a couple days and it takes me quite a while to catch up!

First of all, I'M SORRY, partners, but my 3yo has pneumonia and so everything came to a halt late last week. I will try to mail tomorrow (Monday) - thanks for your patience!

Brat - I am glad to hear you are feeling better and are willing to keep up these swaps. If in ANY WAY, I have contributed to your stress, I am soooooooo sorry. Health issues are big here in this house (two DDs with special needs), and I know how crazy it can get. And I also know how frustrating it can be when peeps don't understand. Then maybe I turn around and become one of those peeps - if so, SORRY!!

Yea for a spring swap and side of Easter, BTW.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
Goodness, I'm off the board for a couple days and it takes me quite a while to catch up!

First of all, I'M SORRY, partners, but my 3yo has pneumonia and so everything came to a halt late last week. I will try to mail tomorrow (Monday) - thanks for your patience!

Brat - I am glad to hear you are feeling better and are willing to keep up these swaps. If in ANY WAY, I have contributed to your stress, I am soooooooo sorry. Health issues are big here in this house (two DDs with special needs), and I know how crazy it can get. And I also know how frustrating it can be when peeps don't understand. Then maybe I turn around and become one of those peeps - if so, SORRY!!

Yea for a spring swap and side of Easter, BTW.
Peg, there is plenty of time for sending swaps. Take good care of your munchkin and we'll be here when you (and your baby) can take a deep breath! Prayers said for you and your sick little one.

Deb
Old 02-08-2015, 12:33 PM

Bullock2us,
I didn't realize that purple/green "frondy" leaves fabric is metallic...I love metallics!! Even ugly ones...because is there really ever an ugly metallic? Rhetorical question, as I'm use there are some, in other people's trained eyes.
Oh, and binding? Most bindings I do are the fold over the backing, miter the corners, stitch it to the front. Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it. Plus we all start somewhere.. If you want to join next month, let's see if Brat will bend the rules a lil and put you with me. We'll be in a bind together!

Terriamn,
I think the blue green swirls was supposed to come to me..lol. All pretty fabrics, as usual from Bullock2us.. except for that Brown with flowers. Sorry, Vitality

Fiestypixy,
Welcome to QB! And honest "oopsies" are just that. Plus it says alot if someone is caring enough to say I might've contributed, and I'm sorry.

Sewellie,
Yippee..is a pic poster extraordinaire!! I love the fqs you received, mostly I love the mental pic I have of Willa skipping along with your hubby to the post office...How can one be worried and grumpy (said about myself) when a child is lighting up your life??!!

Peg,
I'm praying your 3 yo is well asap, like yesterday!! Nothing so bad as the helpless feeling of wanting to take away ANY hurt, illness from our kids (even tho mine is 29, still feels the same) and you can't. Take care of you, too...

Patches,
Agree with your kind words to Brat..Sometimes things need to be said.

Brat,
Okay, I'm sorry, but I think you're a tad delirious. As I'm so not the gal who always knows the right thing to say, or is nice to everyone. I'm the gal who often doesn't know when to hush...
But I do try and think through my replies (my dear dad always said treat everyone with common courtesy.). Which I try to do that, not always successful, as I'm human just like we all are. I won't bore everyone with all of my faults, plus I don't want to be tossed off here!
Lastly, sometimes I'm Sooo thankful for the "edit" button here...just sometimes it needs to last longer than 20 minutes!!
Regards all,
Kif
PS Love Easter fabrics, Spring colors, etc...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-08-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:00 PM

Hello everyone,
My ugly fabric will be going out in the mail tomorrow. I hope whoever gets the fabric, will like the fabric. I also threw in a nice fat-quarter (at least I think it's a nice piece). I tried to take a pic, but my I-pad is being flakey today. So I hope you enjoy the fabric. Take care and happy sewing and quilting!!!!