Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Sewellie, I am sorry to hear your son is going through this. If it is any comfort, I will add him to the list of folks I am praying for.
No, sweet patches, it is not my son, he is my ex-daughter-in-law's husband. We are a blended family. I haven't heard yet today how the surgery went. He is so much family to us. Long story.
We would love to be put on your prayer list. Thanks so muchl!!

Ellie
Old 02-05-2015, 10:29 AM

Got my fat quarters today from Rosemary! Thank you! They are lovely and I don't have much green fabric so very timely and I love the white tone-on-tone. Thanks again!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-05-2015, 11:02 AM

Happylab,
Thank you.

Ellie,
I'm just so sorry that Chuck keeps having to go thru so much!
I love your family story! It goes to show that family isn't always blood related, but it's who we love, and loves us. I pray he gets to come home Sunday. I also pray YOU'RE feeling ok, my quilty friend.

Vitality,
Where do I start? You were/are a beacon in a storm for me. Especially as we are just getting acquainted...I feel so blessed to have met you. And that you "get" that while I'm a talker, sometimes I just can't talk. It's nice just to get messages from you, and my other quilty friends that I can read and take my mind off of my stuff. The fabrics you got are great, I love green, so that makes them all the better!

Peg and Patches,
Sweet gals, both of you are...

Anyone have news on Brat? Still praying for her...

Regards all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-05-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:32 AM

Ok unlucky somebody gets these "fabrics." Yuccky, popo, ugh, nasty, auch. They have been mailed and should arrive on Saturday. Sure hope you don't fall over with excitement. hahaha
Old 02-05-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
Ok unlucky somebody gets these "fabrics." Yuccky, popo, ugh, nasty, auch. They have been mailed and should arrive on Saturday. Sure hope you don't fall over with excitement. hahaha

What! no pic
Old 02-05-2015, 01:33 PM

Kiffie, I'm so glad things seem to be going okay, I know not great, but ok-ish anyways. Glad you are both home and hoping for the best and thinking of you a lot. Keep your chin up, we are all here for you anytime.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:15 PM

So many carrying so many burdens. Superficially it seems like the fabric and swaps would zap the little energy you have. But to see how you all reach out to one another is uplifting. There is power in prayer. As well as the healing that comes from knowing you aren't alone. As a newer member, it is so heartwarming to see how you support each other. I hope that all of your burdens and pain are lightened and that your loved ones heal quickly. And I look forward to getting to know such a generous group of women.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
What! no pic
I tried 5 times last night to post a picture. I could not get it to work, so I gave up. But not completely, I'll try one more time, I don't know what happened since the last time I posted a picture. So if this doesn't work my secret friend will have to post pictures until I can figure it out!! Ggghhh.

Nope, just ain't gonna happen. I'M SO SAD!!!!! So, now that the pkg. has been mailed, I can't take another picture! So frustrating!!!!

Sorry Theresa, it worked before.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
I tried 5 times last night to post a picture. I could not get it to work, so I gave up. But not completely, I'll try one more time, I don't know what happened since the last time I posted a picture. So if this doesn't work my secret friend will have to post pictures until I can figure it out!! Ggghhh.

Nope, just ain't gonna happen. I'M SO SAD!!!!! So, now that the pkg. has been mailed, I can't take another picture! So frustrating!!!!

Sorry Theresa, it worked before.
You can email it to me and I'll post it
Old 02-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Fiestypixy View Post
So many carrying so many burdens. Superficially it seems like the fabric and swaps would zap the little energy you have. But to see how you all reach out to one another is uplifting. There is power in prayer. As well as the healing that comes from knowing you aren't alone. As a newer member, it is so heartwarming to see how you support each other. I hope that all of your burdens and pain are lightened and that your loved ones heal quickly. And I look forward to getting to know such a generous group of women.
Thank you for your uplifting words. I'm thrilled to see a "newbie" posting and I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well..

I actually did have to drop from 3 swaps this month. With my hubby in the hospital, I stay 24/7 with him, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get everything done. For me, it's almost better if I have something outside of myself, so to speak, that makes it where I have to focus on it instead of my worries.

I confess, I'm a chronic worrier. It's a terrible habit, and I wish I didn't have it. I pray about things, I give them to God, and then I seem to snatch them back. My hubby is the one who is at peace with things, and he and I talk about things often. I just can't seem to get to the no worry stage. But I'll keep praying about it. I'm trying to keep in mind that worrying about tomorrow takes away my peace and happiness today.

Vitality,
Thanks girl, and I hope you're feeling better, too.

Can't wait to see some "ugly" fabrics pics. Boy, I had some doozies picked for this swap, so I'll just live vicariously thru the pics...
I also have St Patrick's fabrics I bought special for this month too.

Take care all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-05-2015 at 09:03 PM.